It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow i am taking the Hyperloop to work...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Can the majority of people in California afford to ride it? I thought California was almost as bad off as Detroit?

Imagine if they put charging stations for electric cars along the route though...

according to Musk it will cost 1/10 the price of the current rail system they are thinking of building, and be 7 times faster.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Why would you build something like that in California?
One halfway decent earthquake and it's all over.

Could you imagine if a section fell and you shot out of the tube at 800mph?

Yeah, I'm going to be a little late for work today, I'm in Japan.

yes it is a really really REALLY stupid idea.

i mean all somebody has to is toss a pebble in front of it and it will explode and be destroyed and then the ones behind will also be destroyed.

a single terrorist can just throw a trash can at it and BOOM.

this is what happens when billionaires surrounded by ass lickers who keep telling them how great they are.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Can the majority of people in California afford to ride it? I thought California was almost as bad off as Detroit?

Imagine if they put charging stations for electric cars along the route though...

according to Musk it will cost 1/10 the price of the current rail system they are thinking of building, and be 7 times faster.

Why would it be 1/10th the price? The capital investment per mile seems much more than a rail----enclosed reinforced concrete stuff vs two strong pieces of steel.

It's easy to compare a hypothetical system which has never been physically engineered and built, even in prototype form, vs a mature technology with an actual engineering bid.

Musk is no fool and he's an engineering realist. Space-X is working on cost-effective refinement of known mature technologies. Tesla is working on cost-effective refinement of known mature technologies, plus one semi-mature technology (batteries for vehicles) which they are investing in significantly.

This hyperloop seems nuts.

My guess is that he thinks the rail is the way to go (as it is) and is bugged that it costs so much more than it needs to---which is true, other countries can construct the same for much less money.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I guess I'm the only one that finds this very similar to what the Rand Corp was supposed to be building for the government underground back in the 70's? Of course, they were never supposed to exist. Something about huge underground tunnels connecting cities, running on mag-lev, and in tubes with a near vacuum, that could transport someone from LA to NY in a half hour. Ringing any bells?

I just find it strange that some rich guy, just out of the blue, decides to dig up some old Rand Corp blueprints and slap his name on them.

Either that, or he found them on the internet like I did, lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Why would it be 1/10th the price? The capital investment per mile seems much more than a rail----enclosed reinforced concrete stuff vs two strong pieces of steel.

It's easy to compare a hypothetical system which has never been physically engineered and built, even in prototype form, vs a mature technology with an actual engineering bid.

Musk is no fool and he's an engineering realist. Space-X is working on cost-effective refinement of known mature technologies. Tesla is working on cost-effective refinement of known mature technologies, plus one semi-mature technology (batteries for vehicles) which they are investing in significantly.

This hyperloop seems nuts.

My guess is that he thinks the rail is the way to go (as it is) and is bugged that it costs so much more than it needs to---which is true, other countries can construct the same for much less money.

It is very dangerous.all a terrorist has to do is throw some pebbles and it will explode killing thousands because of the huge kinetic energy.

throw a trash can in it's path and be like a mini nuke because kinetic energy is exponential of the velocity squared.

it should be banned and all discussion all classified as it a NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT.

a muslim suicide bomber could even throw himself in front of it and take the half the city with him.the middle east has a limitless supply of muslim suicide bombers as evidenced by the news everyday.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Its a good idea.

However it wont be built in California as modern america doesn't have the will to do projects like this.

Nevertheless, the idea is in the public domain now so hopefully somebody somewhere will make it happen and prove the concept.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Its a good idea.

However it wont be built in California as modern america doesn't have the will to do projects like this.

Nevertheless, the idea is in the public domain now so hopefully somebody somewhere will make it happen and prove the concept.

But what about the terrorist aspect.are you not scared?

is it not frightening that this high velocity pipe could destroy a city like a giant bullet being fired from a super gun?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

Originally posted by justwokeup
Its a good idea.

But what about the terrorist aspect.are you not scared?

is it not frightening that this high velocity pipe could destroy a city like a giant bullet being fired from a super gun?

A tongue in cheek terror troll routine. "doom doom terrorists etc etc".

We get it. Its tiresome. Please stop.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I read about this in The Metro today, during a very averagely accellerating train journey today - did you see the Victorian plans for a vaccuum powered one? If i had more time i'd find a link as it's blooming doozy - London to Edinburgh, with cargo going underground powered by steam condensing into water to create a vaccuum that sucks the train forwards at flesh melting velocity.

The best bit is that it carries a giant magnet that drags a train on the surface carrying Victorian gents sans suspension and presumably shakes them to pulp and leaves nowt but monacles and waxed mustaches. Strangely it did not attract any of the funding it was touting for. i kid thee not.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Maybe read the article since it tells you why. Hint: The Cali rail is not two pieces of steel, it's actually extremely complex and far more reinforced.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beckybeckyIt is very dangerous.all a terrorist has to do is throw some pebbles and it will explode killing thousands because of the huge kinetic energy.

throw a trash can in it's path and be like a mini nuke because kinetic energy is exponential of the velocity squared.

it should be banned and all discussion all classified as it a NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT.

a muslim suicide bomber could even throw himself in front of it and take the half the city with him.the middle east has a limitless supply of muslim suicide bombers as evidenced by the news everyday.

Where do you get this crap from? Nothing you said is even remotely true.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by beckybeckyIt is very dangerous.all a terrorist has to do is throw some pebbles and it will explode killing thousands because of the huge kinetic energy.

tell me which part is not true.

do you deny that the huge speed and huge energy a dozen tons of metal TRAVELING AT 300 MPG?

DO YOU DENY 1/2 m v 2

Do you deny the daily suicide bombing in the middle east killing hundreds.

do you deny 9/11

do you deny reality?

edit on 20-8-2013 by beckybecky because: logic force

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

If you are scared of terrorism then you have lost already - forgetting the ignorance of your obviously blind obedience to the media and government's divide and conquer.

You may as well hide in a cupboard for the rest of your life, and don't forget your teevee.

Eta: and it has to be said - dumbest post I've read in ages, which is saying something for this place.
edit on 20-8-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

do you deny that the huge speed and huge energy a dozen tons of metal TRAVELING AT 300 MPG?

DO YOU DENY 1/2 m v 2

do you deny 9/11

do you deny reality?

Please tell me the exact force since you seem to know all this. Then you can tell me how this would create a nuclear like explosion. You are so far away from reality it would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Sure terrorists could bomb this just like they can bomb any train track, that has nothing at all to do with what you stated. If what you stated was true then airplane crashes would create nuclear explosions. Why build a nuke when you can just build an airplane and get the same explsion? Oh, maybe because you cant?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Whilst using tamer language
I would have to agree with you. The maths simply don't
add up.

Unless of course I can be proven wrong ?

If a hail stone hits a plane travelling at twice this speed
all that happens is annhialation of said hail or deflection
thereof.

It's a no brainer

Cody

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

DO YOU DENY 1/2 m v 2

do you deny 9/11

do you deny reality?

Please tell me the exact force since you seem to know all this. Then you can tell me how this would create a nuclear like explosion. You are so far away from reality it would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Sure terrorists could bomb this just like they can bomb any train track, that has nothing at all to do with what you stated. If what you stated was true then airplane crashes would create nuclear explosions. Why build a nuke when you can just build an airplane and get the same explsion? Oh, maybe because you cant?

what is the point of getting to sab francisco in 30 minutes if you are gonna arrive in little pieces of charred flesh.

terrorism is real do you watch the news.these terrorists are out to get us.they hate us

they are hell bent on OUR DESTRUCTION.DO YOU HEAR ME?

you don't seem to understand simply science.

a kettle of water takes 5 minutes to boil right.

now suppose the kettle boiled in under a second?

it would explode.the heat shock wave would be massive.because energy is not sprat out in time or space.

the hyperloop would release a huge amount of energy in a small space and focus it like a supergun.

you sit in the sun.you get cancer.

you sit in the sun with a magnifying glass you get burned.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

DO YOU DENY 1/2 m v 2

do you deny 9/11

do you deny reality?

what is the point of getting to sab francisco in 30 minutes if you are gonna arrive in little pieces of charred flesh.

terrorism is real do you watch the news.these terrorists are out to get us.they hate us

they are hell bent on OUR DESTRUCTION.DO YOU HEAR ME?

you don't seem to understand simply science.

a kettle of water takes 5 minutes to boil right.

now suppose the kettle boiled in under a second?

it would explode.the heat shock wave would be massive.because energy is not sprat out in time or space.

the hyperloop would release a huge amount of energy in a small space and focus it like a supergun.

you sit in the sun.you get cancer.

you sit in the sun with a magnifying glass you get burned.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Fear not! Your carer will be along shortly to wipe your arse and dole out your meds.

I'm hopefully gonna get drunk tonight and go through your posting history - I can't believe I did not notice you sooner, you are hysterical
. Xxx

top topics

<< 1   >>

join