It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Taking My Cheese!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Whenever I make macaroni and cheese from scratch, my housemate takes a small slice of cheese after I slice it and eats it.

The recipe that I use calls for 24 ounces of cheese, not 23.9 ounces!!!!!!

There's a delicate order and balance that must be maintained!
edit on 13-8-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

You need to set up some type of booby trap for your cheese.
Just remember its there when you need to grab your cheese.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Slice an extra piece?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

How do you feel about these pics?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

oww do you get wound up about small things just cut some extra since you know your flatmate is like this prepare for it and not get wound up by it .

BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS DO THINGS WITH HIS/HER TOOTHBRUSH WHEN THEY ARE NOT IN

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there is some unwritten law somewhere that states you cannot walk by cheese being sliced, without taking one.
I find it impossible to do myself, so I can't blame her.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
Whenever I make macaroni and cheese from scratch, my housemate takes a small slice of cheese after I slice it and eats it.

The recipe that I use calls for 24 ounces of cheese, not 23.9 ounces!!!!!!

There's a delicate order and balance that must be maintained!
edit on 13-8-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

don't sweat the small stuff
you"ll live longer...

I do this when my wife's cooking
all the time she just laughs @ me

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Have you tried EXLAX?

Sometimes the best solution is the simplest.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

That is pretty good.

But,

You ruined it by not adding a picture of a finished pizzle that was missing the last piece.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Buy yourself a giant mousetrap to keep your cheese in

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I bet you haven't told her it bothers you and so she keeps doing it. If you let that resentment build you will say or do something that you might regret.

Her taking the cheese is not the problem, its that you can't speak up about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Why on Earth did you have to go and post those pictures? Now my brain has gone into over drive and it's all your fault! Naughty is what you are!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

When i "cut the cheese" the last thing my wife wants is a slice.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My husband does that too, take slices of whatever I measured out for cooking. He's always near the kitchen when I'm preparing dinner. It used to drive me crazy,but I outsmarted him, and now make/ slice extra of anything I need when cooking.

Problem solved.

Ps: Those pictures really bothered me, but that's okay... - it's just a picture, just a picture... wanders off muttering to herself.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It was like that whenever I used to cook bacon.

It took me a good twenty minutes to cook a whole package only to have two pieces on the serving plate when done because of a husband and son who constantly came by and picked off pieces while I was cooking.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Actually, the most important thing about cooking is to know exactly how much wiggle room you have, and not mind using it, in terms of amounts, cooking and prep times, and so on.

You do otherwise, and the whole process will begin to annoy the living hell out of you. Stir fry is a great example. There are so many cookbooks and cooking shows which refer to this methodology, and you can receive an awful lot of interesting advice on it, but if you go RIGIDLY sticking to every rule in cooking, you dont end up being able to experiment with new ways of doing things, or alternative ingredients, some of which can really improve food.

Some say that baking, and by extension cooking, is science for hungry people. I say it is no such thing, because where as science calls for precise measurements, careful mixing, hideous mathematical scrawling being proudced (I say hideous because a board full of equations fills me with nothing less than abject loathing) by the truck load, and everyone in goggles.

Cooking however is a CRAFT, a creative craft, and much as you cannot teach painting by numbers in any serious sense, you cannot teach cooking by them either.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Interesting. I used to be frustrated and irked by that sort of thing; now it doesn't bother me. Didn't know that about myself. Thanks for posting those pics....

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences and they annoy the hell out of me too.

Cheese slicing is one thing, as long as they take the cheese WHILE slicing. If I am slicing some cheese for a picky plate or something, I slice the cheese I WANT. DON'T TAKE IT!
I have calculated a perfect ratio of cheese to meat/break/crackers/pickles whatever, and if you steal a single slice it messes up the whole rotation. I then would have to assemble a bite with too much meat or pickle, and too little cheese. Or try to change the whole ratio so every bite is annoying.

I've had similar experiences where I'll cook a large meal, dole out my bowl/plate, and put the rest in the fridge for others to enjoy. Then they will take bites off my plate or scoop a bit off into another plate. REALLY? ITS IN THE FRIDGE! STOP MESSING WITH MY FOOD!

I'm very particular about my meals and how I eat them. I don't like some random messy chunk taken out of a part of my food. It's even worse if it's something like mac n cheese, or some other type of food that isn't just big chunks. When someone haphazardly scoops some off the bowl, you have this big missing section instead of eating the bowl of whatever evenly around the edges and making your way inward. Or evening off the top of the food and then making your way evenly downward.

Sure, you can try to sculpt the ill shaped mass of food into it's original form as it was poured or scooped directly from the pot, but it never looks the same, and the chances of smearing sauce or something on the side of the bowl or plate is too great.

And that list of pictures I found highly irritating, does that mean I have OCD?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Great post.

top topics

join