It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in curses?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Curses are, in my mind, self fulfilling at best.

Let's say someone curses another with "bad luck." If that person is already prone to superstition or has had some paranormal experiences, or is just plane gullible, this is going to stick with them. Every trip, every stubbed toe or missed traffic light, to not getting a job or breaking up with their SO will play into this 'curse' in their mind. This engenders the idea in their mind that they are indeed cursed, and bad things are always going to happen to them. Thanks to the brilliance of our minds, they probably will continue to experience bad things.

On the other hand, tell it to a naturally skeptical person, or one who flat out doesn't believe in them, such as myself, and it's never going to be an issue. Why? Because strings of bad luck can happen to anyone, and we've all had days or weeks or even years that just seem wrong. Is that a curse? Well, maybe, but not because someone hexed them; it's just life. If they just suck it up and keep moving forward, they'll continue to live life and be fine.

It's all too easy to want to dismiss bad fortune in our lives, be it financial, romantic, physical or emotional as something outside of our control; but in the end we control our own lives.

At least that's my take on it. I believe in several supernatural things, and some events. I've experienced several of my own, but when it comes to our own selves - that's something I don't think anyone else decides for us. Molds us? Influences us? Shapes us? Sure. But nothing we've been taught or led to believe makes the decisions for us. Likewise, sometimes # just happens.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kaitain

Here eat this red apple, but nooooo absuloutely no way do I believe in curses, no matter who casts them.. completely silly.. imo

<< 1   >>

join