It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in curses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have this strange relationship with curses, mainly because I'm deathly afraid of them even though I don't really believe in them. I've been reading about curses, mainly from Japanese sources because those are usually the best. This is the latest one that I've found:

sayainunderworld.blogspot.com...

That post contains a video that's supposedly cursed. Do you dare watching that?

Also does anyone know a poem called Tomino's Hell? (Tomino no Jigoku)
creepypasta.wikia.com...
It's a poem that supposedly bring misfortune to those who reads it out loud. I've read it multiple times already but nothing unusual happened to me, oh well.

So how about it? do you believe in curses?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd rather that the others protect me. They do a really good job in my opinion. I don't know what or who they are, I just know that they protect me if I have done nothing wrong. Call it coincidences in the hundreds that line up to make something happen, or just call it exceptional luck, but I see things happening around me that I cannot explain.

I would not want to curse someone, other than a corporation or the execs of a corporation that are trying to hurt the people or nature. Even then I look at cursing the corporations future of making money. Maybe it is a coincidence again, but corporations I do not like or ones that interfere with my life always fail. It is probably because I see bad in the corporation and this is just insight on my part.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There's a lot of mythology when it comes down to Japanese curses. It's very traditional but even to this day, some kids (and adults) still believe in them such as the Ayakashi, Youkai etc... Curses naturally follow as they generally possess the ability but in legend, it's said that humans don't possess these abilities unless they are chosen as priests or have made an arrangement with an Ayakashi/Youkai in a master/servant way.

However, these are all but mere legends and are certainly fun to believe in. I really enjoy the lore involved with it, but don't really believe any of it is true. There are thousands of different stories (maybe even more) about curses of poems, websites, even products and songs. They generally lead to making a deal with a demon in exchange for your soul. But of course, this is strictly Japanese mythology, not as a whole around the world.

I have been cursed before, or hexed if you will. I was given a grand curse to have miserable luck and suffer for a very long time and I did end up that way come to think about it. I don't think that a curse can actually control one's life but one's life can take control of the events that unfold. Perhaps by reaching what may in fact be enlightenment, I have broken the shackles of the curse but in all honesty, I don't believe that curse ever worked to begin with.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaitain

It's a poem that supposedly bring misfortune to those who reads it out loud. I've read it multiple times already but nothing unusual happened to me, oh well.

Now why on earth would you intentionally try to bring harm to yourself??? Do you have a death wish or are you just curious?
If you don't believe it, even so.

Haven't you heard of visualization? If you wish it long enough it will happen. Please be careful with your little experiments.
I don't believe in curses, but I do believe in visualizing a goal, positive thinking and good old Karma.

If you do something good, something good will happen to you, if you harm someone, at some point in your life, it will come back to bite you in your behind.

Take care, and please be careful.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Thanks for the reply. Don't worry, I'm not suicidal or anything, just really really curious. Regarding the poem, I prayed a lot before and after reading it, maybe that's why I'm still alive and well.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I have this strange relationship with curses, mainly because I'm deathly afraid of them even though I don't really believe in them. I've been reading about curses, mainly from Japanese sources because those are usually the best. This is the latest one that I've found:

creepypasta.wikia.com...

Dood what are you doing

this your second thread on said
same topic... are you promoting something
or just cruising for S&F's

Another Thread By You About Same Subject?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan. Of course I believe in curses.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'll tell you this about curses...

About a year ago I got pissed off at somebody and sent them an email with a intended fake voodoo curse of suffering within the email just to be an ass and scare them. Well... It did not work like I intended. THAT DAY I took a horrible fall and pulled some ligaments in my ankle, broke bones in my foot and initiated what was to become a herniated disk in my back in weeks to come.

Coincidence? I think not. If curses don't work, the only thing I can think is that the curse gets into someone's head and that person manifests the curse within their life.

Be careful with things you are not too familiar with.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

creepypasta.wikia.com...

Dood what are you doing

this your second thread on said
same topic... are you promoting something
or just cruising for S&F's

Another Thread By You About Same Subject?

Apparently the OP is having an experience that he needs to find answers to.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Euphony

Coincidence? I think not. If curses don't work, the only thing I can think is that the curse gets into someone's head and that person manifests the curse within their life.

I have to agree with this idea of manifestation.

Very well said

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Euphony

Lately it's been on mind a lot and I just want to find some answers, that's all.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Euphony

Lately it's been on mind a lot and I just want to find some answers, that's all.

To what questions are you searching answers for?

You title asks one and in your OP another about a poem, why has it been on your mind lately and what questions do want to ask if they are not the two you already did?

I believe in curses, I believe our beliefs hold a lot of power.

The more one believes the more real it becomes to them.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The link to the video says the page doesn't exist, but "Tomino's Hell" sounds like a cross between death metal and emo. Perhaps some enterprising rocker can put it to music, that could be interesting.

A strange girl that I dated pronounced a curse on me after we broke up, but nothing happened. Maybe she just wasn't very good at it.

Actually, I don't really believe in curses. I more regard what we may perceive as such, or hard luck, to be trials and tribulations, learning experiences through which we ultimately gain wisdom and spiritual growth. As an aside, some people try to do it the easy(and loopy) way, waving crystals on strings while dancing naked in a forest clearing chanting to tree spirits. If that's the key to enlightenment, knock yourselves out kids, but I've had to learn a lot of lessons the hard way. No pain, no gain, eh? I really shouldn't lean so hard on the new agers, but I shared an apartment with one and he drove me crazy. If I gained any wisdom, it was to check somebody out before you let his name go on the lease.

OK, and I'd quit flipping out about the "curses" so much, and start thinking about blessings. Bye!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Ah, my mistake, I worded that poorly. I suppose it's not really "answers" I'm seeking, but more like "opinions"

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Also, I'm sorry about posting the second thread. I'm new here (and internet forums in general actually) so I don't really know which sub forum my thread would be considered relevant.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
as a Christian I do believe in curses but when I became a Christian I was cleansed from curses and protected by the blood of Jesus Christ

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well, let's put it this way; I don't dis-believe it.

I have friends of various different backgrounds and cultures, and a thing they all seem to have in common among them is voodoo/black magic.

It's something some of my friends vehemently believe in, especially friends from places such as India, who say that a person simply touching you can curse you.

In fact with certain people I've noticed, every time I get on this kinda topic they tend to discuss it only very briefly before switching up the convo real quick...
edit on 13-8-2013 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, it's a bit silly that the subject of curses would bother me so much. But I think my problem is strictly psychological instead of supernatural (I have this condition where everytime I got scared of something, it's difficult for me to forget about it, probably related to my OCD). I guess I should just take this whole curses deal in stride, just like this guy:
sonicblast.org...

Who watched this video: www.youtube.com...
And still came out fine.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kaitain

I watched the youtube video. I will let you know after 27 days if I'm still alive.

As far as curses go, don't really believe in them. I think, as an earlier poster stated, that a person becomes so consumed by the "curse" that they curse themselves. The mind is incredible and I believe that if a person can believe in something strong enough it can happen. If a person can be healed through positive thinking then they can die or become ill through negative thinking.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

That's what I was thinking, but I still can't help thinking about bad stuff all the time. I suppose the true curse that I'm suffering is anxiety issues. Does anyone know how to remedy that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join