It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost word

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The antiquity of this word is at least five thousand years old:

"The Word that causes the heavens on high to tremble,
The Word that makes the world below to quake,
The Word that bringeth destruction to the Annunakis,
His Word is beyond the diviner, beyond the seer!

His Word is a tempest without a rival.
The Word of the Lord the heavens cannot endure,
The Word of Enlil the earth cannot endure,
The heavens cannot endure the stretching forth of His hand,
The earth cannot endure the setting forth of His foot!"

From the above we can deduce that yahweh is actually the Sumerian god Enlil ie the ineffable name was first used in reference to Enlil and later attached to YHWH

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have read all of your theories and comments on what the "Word" is and means and what the triangle was used for, but most of you have it wrong. I am not a free mason, but I am a Jew and I do know what some of the words mean.
The first picture with the triangle has Hebrew letters in it. Those letters are called the Tetragrammaton. It is also the Name of God. People in ancient times knew how to pronounce the name of God, but people also used the Name of God for the purpose of trying to do magic and other evil things. The Jewish Priest realized this, so they banned everyone from using the Name of God, except on the High Holy Days during which the Name could only be pronounced when shofars ( rams horns ) were blown very loudly, so no one could hear the priest say the Name of God. Even to this day, only a few people still know the name.
The Tetragrammaton is comprised of four consonants. Vowels are not used in Hebrew. In order to know how to pronounce a word in Hebrew, you have to memorize what words look like without vowels in them. Even if you know modern Hebrew fluently, you still wouldn't know how to pronounce the name, because the people that knew how to pronounce the Tetragrammaton only knew ancient hebrew. Ancient Hebrew has not been used for thousands of years and there is only a few people, if any, who can decipher it. Many people pronounce it as jehovah, yahweh, etc., but they are just guessing at it. You can add what ever vowels you want to, in many different combinations, but unless you actually know what the vowels are, you will never know how to pronounce the Name of God.
In the second picture, there is a triangle with three names around it with the words MI, CHA and EL in the middle. MICHAEL in Hebrew means " who is like God". The word Tetragrammaton is on one side of the triangle. Tetragrammaton is just a word that stands for the four consonants that make up the Name of God. It has no other meaning. It has no magical significance. I am not quite sure about the other two words on the outside of the triangle. I looked them up and one word referred to an angel and the other seemed to be just a description of God.
So, lets see what we have now? We have a triangle with the word Tetragrammaton on one side, which has no actual meaning besides referring to the four consonants that make up the Name of God. We also have a name of an angel and we have a description of God. In the middle of the triangle, we have the Hebrew words Mi cha el, which mean "who is like God". If you think that you can perform magical rites or if you think that you can control demons by using this triangle, you better think twice. Without the actual Name of God and knowing how to pronounce His name, you might conjure up some demons, but I don't think that you will have control over them. They might even gain control over you. I know magic seems very interesting, but if you don't know what you are doing, you might just be playing with fire.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UndercoverJoe

God the creator of the universe is infinite, words are finite, you cannot describe or encapsulate the essence of something which is infinite with something which is finite ie you cannot describe God with words in the same way you cannot fit the ocean into a cup.

Now understanding that I would say this word describes the "lord" or god (small g), We see in the Sumerian text above that the word is the true name for Enlil who is lord of the annunaki ie he is Lord of the Elohim(s) but he is not GOD! This is supported by what madam Blavatsky said in the OP about the word being originally revealed to man by the Elohim. As you may know Cains father was one of the Elohim ie Enki known to the ancient Greeks as poseidon.

edit on 21-11-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Luxus, what you say about God's Name is true. You can't really use one word or even several words to describe an infinite being. But if you do some research on the Name or Word, you will see that it was used by many in ancient times and a lot of great and powerful things happened when the word was used.
I do not know if I am understanding you right about the name enlil. Are you saying that enlil is god or are you saying that he is not god? You also refer to the word as being the true name for enlil. Which word are you talking about? Is it one of the words outside of the triangle or the word inside of the triangle? I know for a fact that the word in Figure 1, inside of the triangle, is the name that the Jewish people have used for God for thousands of years. You can find it in a Jewish bible, in a Jewish Torah and many other Jewish text. If you translated the Name from Hebrew to English, the letters would spell, YHVH. These letters are also known as the Tetragrammaton. If you are talking about the Figure 2, it has the words Anaphaxeton, Primeumaton and Tetragrammaton on the outside of the triangle. As I said before, the word Tetragrammaton is a word used for the Name of God, unless your god is Enlil, then it is the Name of the Jewish God. Anaphaxeton has a few different meanings, but one of the meanings is that it is a name of an angel. Primeumaton is a Greek name which means,"Thou who art the First and the Last." I guess that you could use both words to describe God or a god, if you wanted to. The words in the middle if the triangle in Figure 2, are MI, CHA, and EL. These words are translated from Hebrew to English. MI means "who". CHA means "like". EL means "God". In English the name is Michael. Michael is also the name of the Arch angel of God, or the Arch angel of the Jewish God. I don't know who your god is and I am not trying to disrespect your god, but you can look up these names on the internet and you can find their meanings.
As far as Cain's father being Enki or Posiedon, I have never heard of that. The Cain, in the Jewish bible, was the son of Adam, unless you are talking about some other Cain.

edit on 21-11-2013 by UndercoverJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UndercoverJoe

After Adam and his wife sinned, and the serpent had intercourse with Eve and injected filth into her, Eve bore Cain. He had the shape from above and from below (the earth)... Therefore, he was the first to bring death into the world, caused by his side, as he came from the filth of the serpent. The nature of the serpent is to lurk, so as to kill, and his issue, Cain, learned his ways.(5) The Zohar,

Cain is the son of Eve and one of the Elohim (Enki), he was half human, a demigod. Able and Seth were fully human.

Enlil is not God the creator of the universe and neither is Enki, they are the Elohim. The serpent in the garden of Eden who told Eve that if she ate of the tree would not die was Enki, the god who punished them was Enlil. Enlil is the one who appeared to Moses and communicated to the Israelites through the Ark, he is the one who sent the flood to try destroy Enki's seed ie the descendents of Cain. I worship neither of them however if I had to it would be Enki not Enlil, at least he tried to teach humans and was not a angry, jealous god like Enlil (the god of the old testament).

Some names have power due to the forces they put into action when uttered, it was customary among the Elohim to take such words as names. The most powerful name was given to the lord of the Elohim Enlil because of his rank. That name is the name that was revealed to Enoch on the golden triangle and is the word of power held in the Ark.

"Enoch, thou hast longed to know My True Name. Arise and follow me, and thou shalt learn it"

edit on 21-11-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

LUXUS

Enlil is not God the creator of the universe and neither is Enki, they are the Elohim. The serpent in the garden of Eden who told Eve that if she ate of the tree would not die was Enki, the god who punished them was Enlil.

LUXUS, while I find your posts very interesting (and intriguing), I do have to take UndercoverJoe's side on this.

The problem that I have with your argument is that in it, there is more than one God. However, every religion/philosophy that accepts the existence of the ' Word' believes in one God, no more, no less. And since the whole idea of the Word is from monotheistic faiths, any polytheistic faith which claims to know the meaning is almost certainly wrong, since it did not originate with them.

edit on 22/11/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Maybe I did not make it clear, there is only one creator, the one who created the Universe! The other beings I referred to are NOT gods, they may have played the part of gods to primitive humans but like humans they were flesh and blood, they were born, they mated and had children (sometimes whit humans) and when their time came they died (although there lifespan vastly grater then humans).

"Go to, let US go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech" Genesis 11:7

Who exactly is the "US" ? The answer is that there was more then one of these Elohim!

As to the word it is in actual fact a mantra, that is what Indians would call it. Its purpose is to be employed in a practice which involves drawing down the divine fire, what masons call "G" or glory.

edit on 22-11-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

"We", "Us" & "Our" are all over the place in the early parts of Genesis.

I've heard it explained in a number of different ways.

None of them have been satisfactory in my opinion.

The book of Genesis is by far the most interesting book of the bible in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It is interesting that in ancient Egypt there is the idea that the king of Gods Ra had a "secret" name and if one could discover this name they would have a key to magic, the story runs thus:

Now the Majesty of Ra was the creator of heaven and earth, of gods, men, and cattle, of fire, and the breath of life; and he ruled over gods and men. And Isis saw his might, the might that reached over heaven and earth, before which all gods and men bowed; and she longed in her heart for that power, that thereby she should be greater than the gods and have dominion over men. There was but one way to obtain that power. By the knowledge of his own name did Ra rule, and none but himself knew that secret name. Whosoever could learn the secret, to that one—god or man—would belong the dominion over all the world, and even Ra himself must be in subjection. Jealously did Ra guard his secret, and kept it ever in his breast, lest it should be taken from him, and his power diminished.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Even with the Egyptian name for Ra, I still maintain the same viewpoint - that there is no inherent power in the Word (name of Ra) itself, but rather that the power (key to Magic) comes from invoking Ra through speaking his name. i.e. Speaking his name invokes the power of god.

Whether Christian, Jew or ancient Egyptian, the name of God is always about invocation. This is why a Christian may say "I cast out this spirit in Jesus' name". Casting out a spirit may be considered a magical act to many, and even with Christians, such acts are pretty much always done in conjunction with the name of God (in this case Jesus, who is God in Christian belief). In my opinion, using the name of God is always an invocation - and that's where the power comes from.

P.S. Is there really a difference between a Christian casting out a spirit in Jesus' name or an ancient Egyptian casting out a spirit in Ra's name. The only difference is that Christians call it exorcism, and the ancient Egyptians called it magic. But it's simply a matter of semantics - both used/use the name of God to harness the key to magic (or power of exorcism in Christian terminology in this instance).

edit on 30/11/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

If you read the story of Ra's secret name you will observe that when Ra releases it, it goes from heart to heart without a word being spoken.

And if you remember the quote I gave in the op, the hint has been given twice!

"This word, which is no word, has travelled once around the globe, and still lingers as a far-off dying echo in the hearts of some privileged men. The hierophants of all the Sacerdotal Colleges were aware of the existence of this island; but the ‘word’ was known only to the Java Aleim (Maha Chohan in another tongue), or chief lord of every college, and was passed to his successor only at the moment of death. There were many such colleges, and the old classic authors speak of them."

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join