It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost word

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

There are many such "words" of power or mantras as Indians call them but the lost word, the name of the lord is the one with greatest potency.

All such words are practiced in the same way 1 audibly 2 whispered 3 spoken by the soul

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have taken no oath to conceal my knowledge, from me all the knowledge I have flows as freely as Agape love flows from The Light and as welcoming as The Hand. Three voices in a Choir that never starts and never ends; Brahman sings from the past, the present, and from the future - together the "Word" called AAA or AUM symbolizes that Brahman exists, that He has always existed, that He animates all with his Word, and that He is true Agape love. I give you this "hidden" knowledge without expecting anything back. AAA is the Word of Everything.

-MM

edit on 14-8-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Jahbulon...

On - The Hebrew word for Egyptian Sun God, Ra.

Originally, this ancient city was known by the Egyptians as Iunu, from the transliteration ỉwnw,[5] probably pronounced *Āwanu, and means "(Place of) Pillars".

Are Enoch's pillars of wisdom in Heliopolis?!
edit on 14-8-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The word?

You mean to tell me that you have not heard?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Just an observation, for what it's worth...
I kept looking at the three syllables in this triangle, thinking it spelled something. Then it dawned on me-- if you start at the bottom-left corner, it spells Michael. (As in the the Arc-Angel Michael?) You be the judge...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Yes that is correct, but it is just another example of several substitutes for the triple word of power that was lost.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Jahbulon...

On - The Hebrew word for Egyptian Sun God, Ra.

Originally, this ancient city was known by the Egyptians as Iunu, from the transliteration ỉwnw,[5] probably pronounced *Āwanu, and means "(Place of) Pillars".

edit on 14-8-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

Je-Ho-Vah

As you problably already know, on the porch of Solomon's Temple there were two columns named Jakin and Boaz that replaced Enoch's pillars. As far as I know these are the columns usually depicted in Masonic art. As I understand it, these pillars are symbolic for vaults of hidden knowledge - as King Solomons workers found such hidden vaults when constructing the first temple. As to the physical location of Enoch's vaults, then who knows - it may all be a symbolic story.

The Eye in the Sun God Ra's art is a symbol for the Third Eye - this is the I AM's exit when entering The Light. The rays around the Eye of Ra are a symbol for The Hand which beckons you upwards once the I AM has exited through the Third Eye - on some Eye of Ray art you can actually see that the sunrays are depicted as hands. Once the I AM has exited Brahman's sacred song AAA or AUM can be heard - a very powerful and loving experience indeed.

-MM

edit on 15-8-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Altar...

VeritasAequitas, I will honor you and answer your question. I've only travelled past the first step myself and never the complete journey. The I AM went through The Light and into the blue-grey Void where time is almost at a halt. The I AM took the First Step through the Third Eye - and I could feel it was so. As The Hand in The Void pulled me further upwards I tried to fight against Him, but to no avail. Alas, I was afraid that if I made the complete journey to Heliopolis then death would have begotten me; "Oh, God...", I shouted in panic into The Void, "...please take me back!", and so He did. Twize I did this.

-Truth is not hidden, and true love does not conceal itself.

-MM

edit on 16-8-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Now THIS is interesting.

For some reason I predict the word "God" being wiped from mankind sometime in the next 3,000 years.

And imagine the conspiracy theorists in the year 4,000 saying, "What was this word people worshipped but got wiped?"

Can you imagine how curious you would be?

Same thing as this situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply, I was highly curious about the answer, once I read that it was known as the Place of Pillars...

It sounds like a very interesting experience, would like to hear more about them.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Long time lurker first time poster, so I get pop my ATS cherry on my favorite subject!

My opinion on the Lost Word is a long one. I hope my addition to the discussion opens some eyes.

FORWARD Part 1

I am a life long scholar of ancient history, I have a background in psychology, sociology, philosophy, advertising & communications, poetry, and music theory. Interesting mix, I know. I'm a knowledge whore. I am also able to use critical thinking to analyze and get a sense of the big picture on subjects like this. I am also a UFO enthusiast, conspiracy watcher, and political analyzer for the heck of it. Why? The nature of the world, people, and finding how to rationalize it is my life's passion.

I joined the craft at the young age of 21 and traveled to researched the nature of human history. I am considered one of the brightest emerging mind in the craft today, and have been allowed access peoples and positions within the lodge faster than anyone before me. I have used my resources towards extensive study, and understanding/interpreting metaphors is part of my job outside of the craft.

This does not break my obligation as it is philosophy more than actual teaching. Also, I cannot verify whether it is TRUTH or OPINION and as such, will only divulge the nature and not the steps and secrets we have in masonry that I believe correspond. I take my obligations seriously and hold myself accountable for being a man that can be trusted and of my word.

So what I say here will be an opinion and an interpretation from someone with a unique perspective. Take it for what it is or disregard it as a good read. You decide and think on it. May open up new perspectives on the world.

A quick primer to make you think and hopefully allow you to understand my perspective

1) Masonry IS NOT a religion. God is used as a symbol to remind brothers to be self-aware of how we act which will remind us of our teachings, which will allow us to apply those teachings so we overcome bad human nature to do good. God is representative of being accountable for our actions. Nothing more.

2) Masonry teaches critical thinking, believe it or not, and interpretation of symbolism and metaphors. This is something people do not get. Hell, even knowing this a majority of Masons don't look into or think on symbols more. They know there are multiple meanings but don't bother to try and discern their meaning.

Most people are so preoccupied in their own lives and worries that they either only ever analyze the surface of something to accept or deny it. Or, they swing the other extreme and find undercurrents of symbols metaphors to construct convoluted possible realities that are not rational.

3) This is People are stupid - individuals are smart. People as a whole are stupid. They will believe something out of fear or desire for it to be true. Mostly because they have a lot of knowledge and beliefs which cloud any judgement and form their own truths. BecausThis is an opinion by definition, which is not truth and calling it one is a contradiction. Contradictions cannot exist in reality and to believe in one is to disregard the rational part of your mind. You do that, you can be controlled.

4) Someone who claims to have the truth and tell you to believe in it does not know what truth is or knows the dark side to what you will read here to take advantage of you. See number three as to why. Either he is stupid to believe it or you're stupid for believing he is right and following.

5) People hold their opinions believed as truth with all they have. The closer to the reality you are, the more violent the reaction to protect their beliefs.

6) Lies exist, Truth does not. Only reality which is so vast to comprehend I couldn't talk for 5 minutes from the realization. Perception is reality should be taken literally. If you witness something and you are with 5 other people, every time the 6 of you remember that occurrence, you are remembering the last time you remembered it. MUCH of that is subconsciously done. Which is why stories of events can be similar, but they are never 100% duplicates of one another.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
OVERVIEW Part Two

The nature of the lost word I have seen debated from many positions and vocations. What I have come to believe, which may not be reality at all, but is an opinion compiled from experience, observation, critical thought and analysis, metaphorical interpretation, and research on ancient religions & civilizations.

Even if this is close to reality that the opinion comes, I know it will not be truth because I - and everyone else in this world - do not and will never have all the parts to the song. So its application will be imperfect no matter who does it, like a band covering a song they have only heard their friends play, and add or take away to make it sound complete to them.

Maybe this is the nature of the word as reality has a multitude of facets, so the lost words application has a multitude of possibilities. A, what's good for some may not be good for all way of thinking.

The Nature

The intent of Masonry is also debated by many. I cannot speak for every Mason, but as a whole they are good men. Many retired gentleman who would rather stay at home in the evening and be in bed by 8pm and up at 5. When 90% of the men are enjoying retired life, and have lived their lives fully, they just want to relax.

I believed the Masons run the world theory when I was younger. It was why I joined. The quest for knowledge which was power. I quickly realized that there was no way in hell with everyone as busy as I am, with the multitude of differing perspectives, and the shear amount of force needed to cow people to do the necessary work, that they could do it. There are NOT enough people today in the craft with the influence, energy, money, or the TIME to take over the world.

Also, Masonry is about BUILDING which is to CREATE and which is to DO GOOD and BE GOOD to ourselves, our loved ones, and others around us. We swear obligations to not take part in government plots or conspiracies. To be LOYAL to our country and it's laws. ANY work that is being done BY people who ARE Masons that IS bad, or USE the craft for their advantage are going against the intent and using the system created for good to do bad.

This is done by people who are sociopaths without remorse, and who cannot feel empathy. Their only drive is ego, and only want is accomplishment and to be praised & worshiped for their deeds. Masonry teaches us this is not what fulfills a person.

Masonry, like its symbols and secrets, are TOOLS make good men into better men by building up their knowledge of how their actions affect others, that nothing of value comes easy, and to hold one's self accountable for their actions.

But, just as explosives were a tool to facilitate mining and build a nation, were then used for war to destroy nations.

This was done by people with agenda's who's only interests are self serving with great intellect use them for self-serving efforts to enrich and empower themselves or a few others.

Some Masons, like with any group, give us a bad name but do not represent the whole. A thumb is a finger, but not all fingers are thumbs.

The Legend of Hiram

The Masonic legend, and Masonry in general, is based the time of KST construction. People, Mason and Non Mason alike interpret it as being possible to have occurred. It may have, but there is no evidence of it.

Every lie story of fabrication of imagination is made more believable, and therefore made to be related by the one hearing it, when it has a kernel of widely accepted truth. The mind is more receptive to it, and will either want to believe it or not subconsciously.

What many people do not realize is that information can be analyzed, changed, modified, and evolve. sparks of inspiration can turn into concepts and pieces of art. A word can inspire novels. And perspectives can breed philosophies.

This still does not mean what happened in the 10th century BC is what happened as told in the legend, nor does it mean a person should believe the legend as fact.
edit on 17-8-2013 by SunOfLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2013 by SunOfLight because: fixed a bold tag

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SunOfLight

MEAT & POTATOES OF IT
Part Three

Masonry compared to Relgiion

From Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

Allegory is a literary device in which characters or events in a literary, visual, or musical art form represent or symbolize ideas and concepts. Allegory has been used widely throughout the histories of all forms of art; a major reason for this is its immense power to illustrate complex ideas and concepts in ways that are easily digestible and tangible to its viewers, readers, or listeners. An allegory conveys its hidden message through symbolic figures, actions, imagery, and/or events. Allegory is generally treated as a figure of rhetoric; a rhetorical allegory is a demonstrative form of representation conveying meaning other than the words that are spoken.

As a literary device, an allegory in its most general sense is an extended metaphor. One of the best known examples is Plato's "Allegory of the Cave." In this allegory, there are a group of people who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them and begin to ascribe forms to these shadows. According to the allegory, the shadows are as close as the prisoners get to viewing reality.

Masonry is many things. A fraternal organization, a charitable organization, a place to relax away from the family with friends, a place to make business connections for some, make old friends for others, how they improve themselves, etc. It is primarily defined as a System of morals, veiled in allegory, and demonstrated through symbols, and a member will only get out of it what he puts into it.

It is a doorway. One that has existed in many forms in many civilizations. Not to another literal dimension, but of change.

Masons must believe in a higher power, and can believe in whatever religion they wish. although it cannot be discussed in lodge because religion is divisive by nature. It tells you how to think, what to believe, who to pray to, why you should, etc.

Religion is a dogma of control invented where a person of authority teaches a belief about a higher being and tells you to live your life in the manner they tell you - without free will, or ELSE. It is not a natural construct.

Masonry is a system of guidelines where a person of authority teaches a system of morals about higher standards of self conduct and informs you that they will instruct you in that system and that all systems are cyclical, but it is up to you to apply it and you are the one who is responsible for your actions, with the benefit to doing well with what you are given with only yourself to blame and to contemplate on that. It is a natural construct as the universe is not linear, it goes through cycles of creation and destruction. As a pendulum would swinging from left to right.

Either you go to work and do it their way or you're fired, but outside of wok you can improve your body by working out and getting fit. One you have to do the other is up to you. Both have benefits. One empowers you. the other consumes you with no return.

The two are diametrically opposed to one another in nature. Which is why mainstream religions have demonized it. It makes people think, and takes the power away from those who benefit from it. Masonry is built so that you benefit directly by how much you put in. Those who lead are there to instruct and ensure order by subtle guidance to ensure building can happen, and not a descent into chaos. That is all.

Where they come from

Mainstream religions have set canon of origin that is venerated so acceptable by their followers, but what is known does not represent reality, or even an approximation of reality.

If research is done on the matter, one can discover that even Christianity has not so noble origins for its present form.

The Catholic Church, and by extension every split therefrom, was devised by Constantine the great as a strategy to gain popular support from the army (many of whom were Christians) to control the empire. The current religion is an adaption of the worship of Mythras - the Meditiranian sun god. This religion was followed by the elites of the Roman empire, and it's elements were superimposed over the Christian religion of the day.

The reality of Christianity cannot with 100% certainty be confirmed because NO ONE was alive. Like any spiritual movement, it was most probably started by one man who was dissatisfied with the status quo, had beliefs of how we could live better, and people believed his philosophy was better than the current situation.

To anyone who understands the nature of symbols, they know a rational mind not have blind faith. For blindness means you can be lead - and most of the time it's for others benefit.
edit on 17-8-2013 by SunOfLight because: darned bold tags!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

MEAT & POTATOES OF IT
Part Three

God Symbols and the Lost Word

As with Christianity, Masonry, and any other religion or system, what it is comprised of must be dissected and interpreted on many levels for it to be of use to benefit someone.

Masonry uses it's symbols to convey a tremendous amount of information in a short time. Those who are observant will notice that it does not just set guidelines of conduct, but gives examples of where bad morals or judgment lead to tragedy for people - and they were to blame NOT the divine.

God, the Divine, The Great Architect, has a shifting nature depending on the tome. Preach peace and love millennia after teaching destroy take rape and kill did not work so well.

He will give free will, but here are rules you must follow or you burn in hell.

The hell you goto is run by a guy he kicked out because he was prideful, and if you're bad he will torture you for it. And he will torture you for the same behaviour he is accused of indulging in.

If God we are told is the truth is all powerful, why does he not simply make the devil not exist anymore? Is he incapable of it? Or is it a deal between the two? Or, is God bipolar and an abusive husband?

A contradiction cannot exist in reality. And actions will betray a lie given by words.

If the God above exists, and he lied to us about his nature to control us, or He does exist and and people lied about his nature to control us.

Both are possible, but there is another.

IF God is a higher conciseness or energy that is something undefinable that kick started the universe as biker would his motorcycle, and let it go off on it's own. And he is aware but does not interfere. Or is not aware and because of that does not interfere.

Either out of choice, or inability.

A contradiction CANNOT exist. It IS either one or the other. Not both.

If the former, the lost word would be his name (according to some) and it is not agreed on what the use of would do, or it is something else.

And that is...

The Lost Word, as with any symbol in Masonry is a suggestion, and are not linear. They have many uses and applications.

Masonry is based on 3s. They are everywhere. It is considered a perfect number. Pi is a number in sacred geometry which is used in it's calculation. It is the number of the Divine.

3s are used to represent trying to become Pi. Knowing it never will be pi - perfect - it doesn't mean it cannot try. Pi leads by example and we will do our best to follow.

3 - or the trinity is also found in Christianity, Ancient Egyptian Religion, and so forth. In Masonry the most obvious illustration is the 3 prime officers. They rule and oversee the lode and ensure the lodge constructs from chaos, not allow to descend into. A lodge cannot be ruled without these officer.

It is 3 members of the lodge, attempting to fulfill what an omnipresent being would be capable of itself. Sometimes that is not easy as with anything in life. Difficulties and obstacles occur born of chaos as the counter to creation. Creation and Chaos can exist in harmony, but if one wants to tip the balance of two, a third item is needed. Which is accountability knowledge and action. or a person/corporeal being.

Creation represents the divine, Chaos represents the world, The Person represent the one who can manipulate it on this plane.

How does this relate to the Lost Word?

That is the lost word.

The word symbolizes the cycle, what can be done, why to do it, the benefits of it, and one's responsibility to it and others for it.

Doesn't matter if is simply writing a note to someone else, building a company, or running an empire. EVERYTHING applies to this.

The lost word, and all knowledge of Masonry, is used by PEOPLE to MANIFEST and CREATE something out of nothing. Not literally, but building. Because what is made can have uses for creating or destruction themselves, the craft teaches lessons of conduct, personal accountability, and responsibility to instill the need to take care that what they do does not go counter to the cycle where we and others live. THINK about consequences and DO NOT USE THIS TO DO HARM for amusement or for singular self-benefit.

The reason? To put it bluntly:

If you're doing it for kicks, when you die, you're dead. What you accomplished doesn't mean # to you if you aren't around anymore. BUT it could affect millions of others. So don't be a dick ok?

How was it done?

The degrees we go through represent learning grades. Now, people pass from one to the other quickly without absorbing the profound layers of meaning. As a result, the tools are hardly used by many beyond a few superficial manners.

Others, become great leaders that change the course of history. Such as George Washington.

These degrees contain several hours of allegorical plays, and present tools and symbols to the initiates of that degree.

EVERYTHING in the degrees are a step by step instruction guide to reaching a person's full potential, knowing how to act when you reach it, and guidelines of accountability

If a person were to live, eat, breathe, act, and do so because you know it will benefit you and all those around you in creating something harmoniously with self accomplishment and satisfaction as reward that is positive and creationist (in the sense of creating not intelligent design) rather than destructive.

It's decline is inevitable, but the experience and knowledge gained from the endeavor will mean its phase into chaos will not be as abrupt, nor the repercussions severe. And something else can be built bigger, better, or different but as sustainable from the material that remains.

Why was it protected

World War 2 is a perfect example.

Someone could use it who does not care, and only wants to control and aquire everything with a hunger that can never be satisfied no matter how much they get without a care to whom they hurt to get it.

Kill one person for a dollar. Kill one million for a million. As long as that peson has it and anyone else does not.

This system and knowledge in the wrong hands without moral checks for accountability of actions, beyond avoiding self harm, will create something which does not sustain, it sucks everything towards it with little return. It can build larger and grander, because it is never finished. And it will fall causing calamity for everyone involved and many countless who were not. The fall will be of such a nature that the chaos stage of the cycle will be more so than when started.

It was protected because those who protected it understood the nature of chaos in that it has balancing forces as well, and tried their best to counter that counter. And so on in circles.

Creation will make from Chaos

Chaos will destroy Creation

It is up to us or anything able to interact with the reality as to how, why, and where that happens with what we have.

That is the eternal cycle and nature of this plane from the smallest of particles to the largest of realities, conciseness or universe.

PHEW.

Wrap your head around THAT.

edit on 17-8-2013 by SunOfLight because: Appended the post with more information.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Modern Freemasons seem to be under the illusion that the lost word is purely symbolic and not a reality, for this reason it is perhaps important that they should study Indian,Tibetan and Kabalistic text regarding this if the meanings in modern masonry have become so distorted.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

You are young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as a judge of the highest matters.
~ Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

a secret word (mantra) whispered into a blade of grass charging it with the breath of the universe!
reply to post by LUXUS

I absolutely love the phrase you posted here...When I read this an image popped in my mind...I have not painted in years but this made me want to create art again...

Maybe the lost word is like this...a very special word that when one uses it, it makes one want to create...A word that inspires mans inner mind and causes a chain reaction of creative energy...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

And cowans seem to think they know what they are talking about above those initiated into the craft.
edit on 27-8-2013 by SunOfLight because: sp

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
John Adams

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join