It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coke's subliminal NWO advertisment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I was watching TV and saw this commercial:

Seems to be saying, "Security cameras are cool." With that proliferation of these cameras people have been saying that our privacy and rights can be/are violated. Is Coke just helping out the PTB? It's not like they aren't on speaking terms:

2012 Political Contributions

Note: Corporations, including The Coca-Cola Company, are prohibited by law from making political contributions to any U.S. federal government officeholder or candidate. Therefore, any and all contributions noted on the 2012 charts below in support of federal officeholders or candidates were made by a Political Action Committee (PAC) affiliated with the Company. The state chart also may reflect some state and local PAC contributions.

www.coca-colacompany.com...

The charts of the contributions are there as well. So my question is, is this a feel good commercial or subliminal programming to make these systems more palatable to the people?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I wouldn't give your theory too much credence. You simply do not understand how advertising agencies work.

This is how it works. A "team": One writer and one art director sit in a little room or a very cool space inside a well ventilated and air conditioned space inside a very large modern office building. They sit there for days tossing out "ideas" off the top of their collective heads. Some times when there are no ideas flowing they move to the "common area" and play video games or some other distraction to reset their very small, closed minds. Then in one brain storming session the art director sees something about CCTV cameras and gets a "brilliant idea" that eventually turns into the TV commercial you saw. Just to clarify a little more.... once that "brilliant Idea" is put on paper it goes through about 15 layers of "creative" approval before it even is presented to the Coke folks. Then after much hand wringing and focus group testing something like $750,000 is budgeted to produce this "brilliant idea". Then, just to give you another layer of absurdity, a production company in Los Angles or New York is hired to turn this idea into reality by putting it on film. Typically the "A" director of this extravaganza is another spoiled child who makes somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 A DAY!.

Do not think there was some grand NWO conspiracy at work where someone at the security service told some corporate type at Coke to tell the ad agency to write a commercial that glorifies security cameras. It just don't work that way.

Remember these "creative types" are very spoiled children. They have probably have never been unemployed. They make a large amount of money. They get free lunches from suppliers. They drive nice new cars. They dwell in fancy lofts in the "better" part of town. They live in a very small bubble where the real world does not factor in to their day-to-day lives.
edit on 13-8-2013 by AkhenatenII because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2013 by AkhenatenII because: More ideas. Spelling.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I fully intended to dismiss this commercial and your theory....until I watched it!

What in the heck was that??? Did you see the punk vandalizing the building and they called him a peaceful warrior (or something like that).

That was disturbing. Talk about in your face desensitizing. Yes, this seems to be exactly what you describe. Coke is helping ease the pain of the encroaching police state.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkhenatenII
I wouldn't give your theory too much credence. You simply do not understand how advertising agencies work.

This is how it works. A "team": One writer and one art director sit in a little room or a very cool space inside a well ventilated and air conditioned space inside a very large modern office building. They sit there for days tossing out "ideas" off the top of their collective heads. Some times when there are no ideas flowing they move to the "common area" and play video games or some other distraction to reset their very small, closed minds. Then in one brain storming session the art director sees something about CCTV cameras and gets a "brilliant idea" that eventually turns into the TV commercial you saw. Just to clarify a little more.... once that "brilliant Idea" is put on paper it goes through about 15 layers of "creative" approval before it even is presented to the Coke folks. Then after much hand wringing and focus group testing something like $750,000 is budgeted to produce this "brilliant idea". Do not think there was some grand NWO conspiracy at work where someone at the security service told some corporate type at Coke to tell the ad agency to write a commercial that glorifies security cameras. It just don't work that way.

Remember these "creative types" are very spoiled children. They have probably have never been unemployed. They make a large amount of money. They get free lunches from suppliers. They drive nice new cars. They dwell in fancy lofts in the "better" part of town. They live in a very small bubble where the real world does not factor in to their day-to-day lives.

It is still possible. Remember that the "client" always has the final say on any creative process. The client can present their concept and have the ad agency work within those confines. It's just a pitch, all the client has to say is "We want something with real people, doing real things, in a positive way, but candid. Like through security CCTV cameras from all over the world catching glimpses of the good things in life."

Presto commercial! The ad company writes and the client authorizes the final script. If this is the case on this commercial I don't know, but it's great multi-layered ( i.e.subliminal) advertising.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The commercial made me smile, after the shock of the camera thing. Seems like it could be an underlying agenda. It is either innocent and they are just playing on the hot topic of the "now", or they really are trying to get us used to the cameras. Either way, I still think its a good commercial.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
People are overlooking this and I agree with OP.
Coca Cola is the 1% and every commercial/logo they create has a sinister intended purpose, always mocking, always dumbing down.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

reply to post by seabag

Seabag
I agree with your post word for word. I believe Intrepid has a good point, and I too was going to dismiss the post until I saw the video.

CTV cameras are used endlessly to convict people, but when was the last time you heard of one proving someone innocent.

One other major point is why does the film clip start off with the caption
SECURITY CAMERAS AROUND THE WORLD ASLO CAPTURE
If they weren't trying to desensitise their growing presence.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

A S&F to you should give you the answer you seek. to vague? yes ... is that better... Pepsi is my choice.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AkhenatenII

Just to clarify a little more.... once that "brilliant Idea" is put on paper it goes through about 15 layers of "creative" approval before it even is presented to the Coke folks. Then after much hand wringing and focus group testing something like $750,000 is budgeted to produce this "brilliant idea".

Apparently no "creative" people at Coke are worried about their customers opinions toward ubiquitous and intensifying surveillance.

Advertising is always about putting ideas into people's minds.

Advertising talent (probably 3rd generation in advertising talent) is a product of the NWO and will produce NWO friendly broadcasting without necessarily trying to.

Thanks for the info about advertising procedures.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Originally posted by AkhenatenII

This is how it works. A "team": One writer and one art director sit in a little room or a very cool space inside a well ventilated and air conditioned space inside a very large modern office building. They sit there for days tossing out "ideas" off the top of their collective heads. Some times when there are no ideas flowing they move to the "common area" and play video games or some other distraction to reset their very small, closed minds. Then in one brain storming session the art director sees something about CCTV cameras and gets a "brilliant idea" that eventually turns into the TV commercial you saw. Just to clarify a little more.... once that "brilliant Idea" is put on paper it goes through about 15 layers of "creative" approval before it even is presented to the Coke folks. Then after much hand wringing and focus group testing something like $750,000 is budgeted to produce this "brilliant idea". Do not think there was some grand NWO conspiracy at work where someone at the security service told some corporate type at Coke to tell the ad agency to write a commercial that glorifies security cameras. It just don't work that way.

It is still possible. Remember that the "client" always has the final say on any creative process. The client can present their concept and have the ad agency work within those confines. It's just a pitch, all the client has to say is "We want something with real people, doing real things, in a positive way, but candid. Like through security CCTV cameras from all over the world catching glimpses of the good things in life."

Presto commercial! The ad company writes and the client authorizes the final script. If this is the case on this commercial I don't know, but it's great multi-layered ( i.e.subliminal) advertising.

Got it wrong again. You think agency people are living in a bubble? Clients, as in Coke marketing execs, are paid more than agency people and are twice are bubbled. They don't take a dump without a focus group saying it's ok. You conspiracy nuts give way too much credit to people who do not deserve it. Trust me, if one of the overweight soccer moms in a focus group said one thing negative about security cameras that spot would have never been produced.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thanks for deciding I was a nut because I gave an alternate opinion. Sheesh... All hail you. Sorry but I won't "trust you" Why should I? Who are you? I've worked in advertising, production and on focus groups. (For beer) If a client wants something it happens if a focus group doesn't agree then yes they make changes. But as I said I don't know if that's the case on this particular ad, I guess you do. I think you give too much credit to soccer moms on focus groups who have no idea about conspiracies and NWO type stuff.
edit on 13-8-2013 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

No they would ask the soccer mom WHY and WHAT IT IS she doesn't like about it, and they would make the necessary changes to MAKE THE IDEA WORK to make the people upstairs happy, AND make it palatable by the people.

Besides, all that crap you said proves nothing... "These guys are sheltered...oh but those guys, they are even More sheltered" and guess what, Mr. Rothschild is the most sheltered guy on the planet. What difference does it make if they're sheltered. That does not prevent them from following orders.

There are endless examples of this in advertising, and for you to defend the process as innocent? Well, I'll let the people decide what to think of you cause let's face it, I would probably get into some kind of trouble if I were to speak my mind. For now I'll just refer to you as "Mr Fancy Talker Who Tries To... Do Stuff"

top topics

join