It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director Brennan Confirmed as Reporter Michael Hastings Next Target

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This might already be posted but I did a search (promise) and didn't find it.

Last month a source provided San Diego 6 News with an alarming email hacked from super secret CIA contractor Stratfor’s President Fred Burton. The email (link here) was posted on WikiLeaks and alleged that then Obama counter-terrorism Czar Brennan, was in charge of the government's continued crackdown or witch-hunt on investigative journalists.

After providing the Stratfor email to the CIA for comment, the spymaster's spokesperson responded in lightning speed. Two emails were received; one acknowledging Hastings was working on a CIA story and the other said, “Without commenting on information disseminated by WikiLeaks, any suggestion that Director Brennan has ever attempted to infringe on constitutionally-protected press freedoms is offensive and baseless.”

As for Hastings’ final story, his wife said Rolling Stone would publish the Brennan piece in an upcoming edition of the magazine.

Is the truth getting close to coming out? Nothing about the way Hastings went out feels right. Hopefully we will have more answers soon. Here is the link to the full story.
edit on 13-8-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: added link

Here is one part of an email I thought was interesting: “There is specific tasker from the WH to go after anyone printing materials negative to the Obama agenda (oh my.) Even the FBI is shocked,” states the email.

Very interesting indeed.
edit on 13-8-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: added email info

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I wonder what the public will do if it turns out that the government is assassinating American journalists?

Because if you think that it will stop there, you're lying to yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

that is actually a really good question. what is the breaking point? guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
H was wacked! And shame, brave guy! Common sense and circumstances are so indicative of a termination. Also, his next target (Head of CIA), say no more!!
Wake up the masses of the US.
Your Gov and Intell agencies are your real enemy.
Remember that most of ones foes and E's are close not afar!!!
H did not die in vein! his work has brought to light a perspective and a pointer to the truth. (That those without blinkers and not flock like can see)!
RIP H. Great job!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
I wonder what the public will do if it turns out that the government is assassinating American journalists?

I think the American public will do what they've always done so far, to let things get to this stage.
They'll elect politicians to run the country. With almost no exceptions, Democrat and Republican.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

So are US folk conditioned so well that they are flock types in general?
If so then TPTB have done a very good job!!
Wake up from your sheepish slumber US folk and put a footprint on the future that reflects a nation truly steered by the peoples wishes and not those of the greedy power mongering few

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

You think this is only a US problem? Think again.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Know I dont and never have! But US appears to be more f....d than others so far!!!
Previous post I have made reflect the fact that we are all f....d!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Michael Hastings was going to investigate Brennan? Then he had that accident? Oh,no nothing to see here just move along it was just a coincidence.Remember those things don't happen here.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Hastings wife said Hastings article on Brennan would come out in an upcoming rolling stones

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

yes but I have the feeling it will not be ground shaking. I bet anything that would've been, will be taken out.

top topics

join