It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal After-Death Experiences "Explained"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
So by using more than 10 percent of our brain, we are able to have visions not normally seen from using 10 percent of our brain.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we use 10% of our brains, that's a common myth I believe.

I think we use 100% of our brains but it's just that we cannot utilize all 100% of it at once.

So technically speaking, no one knows what would happen if someone has full mastery over their brains. Like, in a sense that they could literally access and make use of every single area/section of their brain all at once.

Don't quote me on it though.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I think that scientists would love more than anything to find a reasonable "one size fits all" explanation as to what really occurs when people have near death experiences and in some cases I think they may be correct on some level- but they are light years away from explaining what is actually happening once the people pass the "flood of chemicals" stage of death.

Three different times within a year and a half my husband died and I revived him with much effort. The first two times he remembered nothing, but the third time was quite different. He claims to have left his body and floated to the ceiling where he observed us. He correctly reported our youngest daughter dropping the phone as she attempted to call 911 because she was crying and shaking so hard, his best friend who was present falling to his knees and moaning and that there was a box of flashlight batteries on top of a really high shelf near the ceiling that I had been looking for a few days before. It gave us something to talk about for weeks after!

Oh dear where do I start. This is anecdotal and as such is of no use whatsover without a controlled environment to eliminate subjectivity. For example:

The dropping of the phone : I don't know about you but I have had dreams where my semi concious state has incorporated activity in the room into my dreams. Very weird. But if your husband was dreaming of floating (based on a memory of that is what some people experience and no doubt impressed upon him twice before when he had no experience....DUH!) then the dropping of the phone and phone call will be incorporated into the dream of floating.

The batteries : somebody put them there. If it was your husband but he simply forgot the memory could still be embedded deep and come to the fore during his experience. That is a no brainer. That is how these crystal waving things with yes or no questions work. Your subconcious knows where the thing is not the goddam crystal.

A controlled experiment is where NOBODY in the room knows what is on top of the cupboard. It is this scenario where the out of body people fail miserably every time.

What I find most astonishing about this thread is the absolute denial of the implication of the science since it quite clearly chips away at the belief systems of the life-after-death believers by starting to provide an explanation of that is happening in the brain. No God, no after life, just a complex organ going through severe stress.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Just to be clear- I had put the box of batteries up there, the husband wasn't around when I bought them or put them up and neither was anyone else so there is no way he could have known they were there. I had put them where I thought I wouldn't lose them and then forgot where they were. Nobody ever looks up there and it is far above anyone's range of sight, about 8 inches from the ceiling.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
So by using more than 10 percent of our brain, we are able to have visions not normally seen from using 10 percent of our brain.

that has been debunked for a long time, we use much more than 10 percent of our brain

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

There we go. Another reason to dismiss this particular science. What right has science got to eliminate stories like this

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What I find very interesting about the study is this term "explained".

What it actually comes down to is a set of data that one can draw various conclusions and theories from, the best ones would take account of all the data and not exclude, for that means they don't even qualify to have the brain of a scientist or doctor and instead are some kind of used sales person mentality, pushing something out to the media with hopes people are dumbed down enough to buy it.

So rat has higher awareness at at time when he shouldn't. They assume one thing, which isn't scientific.

The most logical fit, however, taking into account many different NDE's including patients relaying what happened in other rooms, not just their own, what was going on in theirs, and even a shoe on a roof of the hospital. The blind seeing......

The most logical inclusive of data theory, is that the area of the brain we in humans call, the eye of horus, where the pituatary and pineal reside, is an actual gateway mechanism. And that this Awareness is occurring as the Spirit Prepares To Take Flight.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I read this earlier on another site, at first glance it looks as though science is saying there is nothing spiritual going on here.

Actually upon reflection al science has done with this experiment (asides traumatizing rats to the brink of death) is prove something happens just prior and even post taking ones last breath.

This can only be positive, as no longer can they say it isn't possible for a portion of conciousness to exceed the point of physical death, however fleeting.

From that point, consciousness is no longer measurable and has in all probobaliity moved on.

After all it can't remain in the physical for too long after death, so what looks like a last hurrah, is perhaps the consciousness just prior to leaveing the physical.

Of course this is all conjecture, but with a different perspective.

At the very least it is some form of admission to animals (rodents) possessing consciousness, or being perceived as equal to humans to undertake this form of experiment....or perhaps I am being too optimistic.
edit on 13-8-2013 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2013 by solargeddon because: Grrr typos

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why waste time on this matter
We will all know sooner or later

*trollface*

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

all i know is they prooved experiences are possible without brain function

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thanks for all your comments on the subject, As i thought the majority of people say nay to science on this one
...Im just wondering how much it cost for them to come to that conclusion!. More than any of us have i have no doubt

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

The study doesn't "chip away" at anything. There are extremely well documented cases of NDE's that have baffled the medical professionals involved. All this study does is provide a platform for materialists to stand on so they can make an attempt to debunk a very real and compelling phenomenon. The debate on where consciousness arises from and if it resides solely in the brain is FAR from settled.

I fail to see how heightened electrical activity in the brain before death proves anything (it certainly fails to address cases where people who have experienced NDE's reported certain factual details about what was going on in the area while they were clinically dead).

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So...is it based on that pinial gland chemical, oxygen deprivation, or a sudden surge in neural activity right before death (whatever that means)?

I mean, I'm totally open to finding out what happens at the point of death within the brain, but I would at least like to have some kind of coherent explanation. Almost everything I read is just people throwing around random theories.

The first one I mentioned, for example, was, from everything that I can find, literally just pulled out of some dude's rear end.

Also, I have to say:

I understand that they do experiments on rats because they have many of the same physiological processes as us because they are vertebrates, mammals, etc. But to compare the activity of a rat brain and extrapolate it to a human brain is, quite frankly, laughable.
edit on 13-8-2013 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3onetruth

it is called D M T...your body release a ton of it upon death,
edit on 13-8-2013 by th3onetruth because: because apparently saying something we all have in our body is shunned upon...joke

BULL # PROVE IT! I lost my daughter over 3 years ago and I say to you -beware you have much to learn. Don't use your science to explain nothing that you have never experienced-or believe in beyond your science little knowledge of understanding.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think when you couple the NDE stories with countless Astral Projection stories, there is an enormous amount of evidence pointing to existence outside of our bodies. I never really see these two topics discussed together but I feel they are quite relative to each other.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Personally, I have known close family and friends that I trust to report NDEs.
I think they can and do happen.
But I also don't believe that NEAR death is real death.

It is also true about the spike of '___' at the time the body thinks it's dying, which probably indeed happens in every mammal, including rats.
(I wish human beings would quit thinking they are so separate from animals.)

The truth is no one knows for absolute sure because if we did, we wouldn't have these types of discussions.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trinityalways

Actually, it is a chemical our brain makes, it is very much real and does indeed medically spike at the time of death. It is something measurable.
Not at all BS. And I'm not sure how that relates to the death of your child.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Contrary to popular belief, we use much more than 10% of our brain. Have you ever seen a map/diagram of the brain? Every functional part is labeled, right? Do all the known parts only take up 10%? Nope. Its a common myth.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The science is quite sound on the electro-chemical reaction during the death process. They know now that death is not instantaneous, but a gradual and modular shutdown of organs and functions. Of course, this is dependent upon the cause of death.

Organisms do give off a 'light shout' at death; its correct term is necrotic radiation. Some people can see this very brief faint glow at death bed scenes, and have attributed it to seeing the spirit of the deceased, it isn't, it's just necrotic radiation.

As the brain shuts down the cells fire a stream of emergency signals calling for oxygen and nutrients, but their own internal energy mechanisms fade and completely shutdown.

If we dismiss all claims of NDE experience after 1976, the year Moody published his NDE book, 'Life After Life', the brain in energy crisis does not explain the similarities of the NDE core experiences. Why NDE experients experience the same elements. It's like 8 million people having the same core dream. Whatever mechanism science arrives at to explain NDE, they have to explain why people share the same core elements within the same pathology.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Too many people report seeing very different things, leaving nothing conclusive to be ascertained. Honestly though, there's nothing to be learned from post death experiences except that our brains are designed to interpret death in a relatively ambiguous manner. Maybe we should all start concentrating on the life in front of us before getting all gussied up for heaven. Just a thought.
edit on 15-8-2013 by the sloth because: adfasf

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join