It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Billion Trillion FPS Camera can Capture Photons Moving Through Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The video below, has some fantastic footage using a Ultra High-Speed camera.

Amazing!

Apparently, using this camera to watch a bullet pass through a 1 litre bottle (like they did with light in the video), would take a year to complete.

That's fast.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I am pretty sure someone always shared this video a few months ago. But cool stuff still.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Without having to read other threads wsant this more a case of many apertures in sequence making the capture possible, and not an actual single camera at such fps?

Sorta like the giga pixel camera, which is lots of images tstitched together to give the resolution we see.

We can't actually do anything at a trillion billion anything per whatevers.. I'm sure..?

I'm not sure tho.

Oo

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I did do a quick one.

Bugger.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
first ove seen it and wow - its pretty amazing to see light waves bounce around like we were all shown in school on paper and in water.

very very cool.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Heh well those photons are certainly acting as waves not particles ;-p

I'd love to see them acting as particles too ;-p

I actually have a question regarding that. Can Electrons could also act like waves or particles too?
edit on 13-8-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Without having to read other threads wsant this more a case of many apertures in sequence making the capture possible, and not an actual single camera at such fps?

Sorta like the giga pixel camera, which is lots of images tstitched together to give the resolution we see.

We can't actually do anything at a trillion billion anything per whatevers.. I'm sure..?

I'm not sure tho.

Oo

THis is correct. It isn't a single camera, but an array of cameras working together

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
cool vid.
Are these photons we are seeing in the vid, photons being reflected back from hitting solid surfaces?
I didn't see any photons until they had been bounced back off the floor, apple, bottle etc. Are photons invisable until they hit something?
edit on 13-8-2013 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Slight correction. It isn't "One Billion Trillion FPS," but "One Billion/Trillion FPS" as in the title of the video. Without the slash, it sounds like we're recording at one billion trillion FPS, or 1.0X10^21 FPS.

I believe the slash is in there to differentiate between long and short scales. Some parts of the world use the short scale (ie United States) while others use the long scale (ie Europe). Using the short scale one trillion is 10^12, while using the long scale one billion is 10^12.

Still impressive none the less!

reply to post by DaRAGE

Yes, electrons can act as both waves and particles. This is known as wave-particle duality, and is part of quantum physics. In the double slit experiment it was found that if either photons or electrons are fired in a narrow beam, such as a laser, through a panel with two small, parallel slits in it. The wave nature causes the photons or electrons to interfere, producing light and dark bands when observed.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Cheers mate.

I was thinking that if electron could do both then maybe that's why tesla could transmit energy wirelessly whilst edison was moving those electrons through wire. Anyways I'm probably way off. ;-p Thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

Thanks for the correction, I didn't know there was a difference.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Heh well those photons are certainly acting as waves not particles ;-p

I'd love to see them acting as particles too ;-p

I actually have a question regarding that. Can Electrons could also act like waves or particles too?
edit on 13-8-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

"Wave particle duality" seems like a mechanic of "Relational Quantum Mechanics", like a computer processing information when observed the light releases the information to be processed, but when tricked like an illusionist performing an illusion the beam of light speeds right past without releasing the information!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

To us it would seem all these cameras were clicked all at once!
They would appear to be not in sequence.

top topics

join