It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crushed and obliterated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss.

I have owned many animals and have had to put down a few under various circumstances, many have also died naturally. It was heartbreaking every time. But I grew up with animals and know the day does come when they leave us.

I just remember all of the great moments we shared and don't blame them for any of the bad ones.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I knew the day would come . I knew one day he would let me know " Nows the time" That day he did'nt want to get up, he did not want to be in "Dan" ( I named the wheelchair , Lt Dan from Forrest Gump fame.) Because it was his "Magic Legs" He looked at me and I knew he was tired and ready to leave me. We had a meal of his favorite food, bacon. I let him eat all he wanted. Then we went and when I came home. I was alone. He was gone. I buried my friend in my side yard, Laid him to rest in his own bed. I still tear up over that ole dog.

Daphnee was in to much pain. When I kissed her on her cold wet lil
nose before she left with my wife. She wouldn't take her eyes off of me
til the door was closed. She knew she was dying. Hell even our cat Sox
knew it. The morning before she left he was staring at her for the longest
time. Then he did something completely unheard of and I break down a
lil every time I think about it. That old man cat jumped up on the couch
she was on, lay down and just looked at her for at least five solid minutes.

He loved her even tho she would always ruff him up trying to get him to
play. He'd just get all grumpy and take shots at her with a clawless paw.
Then jump up and run under a table all bent with his ears back. He had to
be cussing her out. Bitch, leave me alone ! I could just see it on his face.
But yeah, he knew. Sounds like you made a heaven on Earth for your
lil guy. I know we did that for Dappers and that makes it easier.
Good God I loved that dog.

Three days and still wiping away tears ? WTH ? Is this normal ? This is why
I call people whiner or snivler a lot in my threads and posts. Try'n to draw attention
away from myself.

edit on 14-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

Hey Hawk your link won't work for us, I think because it's your facebook.
If you're having second thoughts, or want to back down that is just way cool.
And we'll understand. Still waiting tho so let us know partner.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh God...even before opening your story, I knew it would be about a dog. I am grateful that your family, as hard as it was, chose to do the right thing and save your best family friend from further pain or hardship. I've seen a lot of people who can't do that and they put their pets through a less than good life because they can't face the facts. There quantity of life and there is quality of life. If I was a dog, or even as a human, I want quality.
As hard as it is, may I please remind you that for every human there is probably 50 dogs, sitting (hopefully out of the rain) in metal cages, praying for someone to love them. In honor of your buddy, who would want you to do the same, go get another buddy, and love him just as much! I'll keep you all in my prayers!
P.S. Puddin" and Beans, my two American bull terriers, say they'll do the same.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am deeply sorry for the loss you and yours are feeling but loss is an important lesson in life!
I wish we all could learn this lesson, to know love and loss but many people fail to ever comprehend this!
There is something so spiritual in the eyes of those friends we adopt whom we
can treat however we want and they will still love us and forgive any transgression we make!
I will never understand why their love is so unconditionally and complete! Why they do not ask for
more then just a small bit of food, some water and a little attention!
I sometimes wonder what's stopping our society from being as loving as those
we call mans best friend?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I know exactly what you mean. That ole wheel chair I built sits out in my workshop, Everytime I see it , I see that old dog. But for the life of me I can't get rid of it. That cat of mine , the day I buried Scrappy he was right there with me, watched me dig the hole. He sat at that dogs grave for hours, for days after he would go out there and lay around awhile. Now allmost each day he goes out there, does a lap or two and goes about his cat day. I figure he just miss's his friend. I know I sure do.

So Randy, when you tear up a couple of years from now.....Yea man, it's normal as rain.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I just really want to thank all of you so very much, for helping not just me. But all
of us here who were so privilidged, to have lil Daphnee in our lives. Thru a most
extraordinarily excruciating time, every post has made a difference.. It's been tougher
than I even imagined in the beginning.

Thank you

reply to post by smcneil01

As hard as it is, may I please remind you that for every human there is probably 50 dogs, sitting (hopefully out of the rain) in metal cages, praying for someone to love them. In honor of your buddy, who would want you to do the same, go get another buddy, and love him just as much! I'll keep you all in my prayers! P.S. Puddin" and Beans, my two American bull terriers, say they'll do the same.

I think we juust may go that direction. I can't think of better way to honor Daphnee then to save another.
We'll let Hawk off the hook here. And we'll soon see where the crosshairs of intent land when let run wild.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just lost one myself. Very rough. I hope your family gets past the loss soon. Those who leave us, including dogs, are not gone. They're just not here anymore. We'll all meet up again, on the other side.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

My condolences to you and all who've lost a friend and loved one.
I sure know what it means to lose a pet that we let get close to us now.
edit on 15-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Daphnee was in to much pain. When I kissed her on her cold wet lil
nose before she left with my wife. She wouldn't take her eyes off of me
til the door was closed. She knew she was dying.

Yes, sorry to hear of your loss. It is an extremely painful experience. This part^ here I quote is very touching. When we had our Persian boy of eleven years euthanazed in July 2010 due to kidney failure, I remained with him right to the very end. As he was being euthanazed he looked at me directly in the eyes, even turning his head toward me to do so, for those final moments, amazingly displaying a contented and happy look before falling asleep for the last time. It still upsets me to reminisce this moment even three years later. Thus I understand your grief. We have now adopted to other Persian fluffies. Though they never replace, they too become your children.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh man dude that sucks. I remember when the family dog died, and it freaking sucks. Its one of the main reasons why I don't want to get any pets any more, not only do I have no time or energy for it, but there life's are so short that its a bummer when one day they are there. The next dead and gone.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join