It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Luke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Tonight I learned my former youth pastor and good friend Luke passed away months ago. I learned this through Facebook as I knew he has been suffering because of cancer. Also today happens to be his birthday and I feel thankful to know someone like him lived. Because he was always respectful to me as a young Christian and as an atheist today. I remember playing sports, reacting parts from the bible, and many fun activities with the kids and Luke.

Luke God bless you and I wish your family would be happy.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Wow, that's ominous. My name is Luke, and just a few hours ago I saw a movie a movie called "Village of the Damned" where the local pastor was played by Mark Hamill, who will forever for me be Luke Skywalker. Then after the movie I log in and see this thread. Creepy!
www.imdb.com...

I suppose coincidences happen though. Sorry about your pastor.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

In another thread another user mentioned my dream was very similar to his life. I don't know about the user. But it's weird that these coincidences are happening in my life. Something unexplainable. I just hope the best for Luke's family now. Because it's difficult with all the bills and everything else after a realities passing. Sad.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Boy, I'd like to send him my prayers. Can you link to his obituary, so I can pray for the guy?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

There is a Facebook page that was created earlier this year. I think it was created before his death and used as a way to wish Luke and his family well.
Link

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Sorry to hear of your loss. It sure sounds like he had a positive affect on your life, And with the sounds of it many others

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Yes, he was a very down the earth good person. It was fun spending time with him and visiting his church. A very family church.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

It is a great tribute and testimony to your friend that you are choosing to celebrate his life at this moment. When my time comes I truly want people to remember me and not mourn me. IMO that's the best way to honor a life.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Yes, I see the evidence of all the people that loved him:
www.womenoffaith.com...
I wish I could find a picture, when you don't know someone and want to send prayers their way I feel it helps. But I will pray for him anyway. What a trip to find this thread! God works in mysterious ways.

PEace!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
My heartfelt
condolences to you pheonix.

He was obviously a great influence in your life
And if I may say? He did a damn good job.

RIP Luke and peace be with you your family and friends

Cody

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I think I found his obituary:
www.meaningfulfunerals.net...

I guess I'm a little surprised he died more than two months ago and you're posting this thread tonight, but whatever. My prayers are with him.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Yes, I feel like a loser not knowing he died months ago. The only connection we had was Facebook and I knew he was sick of cancer.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I found out my grandfather died months before. He was so sick he wouldn't let me talk to him, and I lost contact (i was 13). It sure did hurt.

I feel for ya man.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My deepest sympathy for the loss of your dear friend.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's sad to hear someone passed away. My condolences to you.

What I don't understand is: why good / nice people who we know / love have to go at a young age before us? They say God is fair, but I can't see it.

Our kitten - tiggy just passed away last Sunday at age of 2. We buried him in our back yard. It's so sad to even walk pass where he slept. We're keeping that spot clear for his spirit to come back to watch TV with us, if there's something like that!??

I'll add Luke ( & a candle ) to my prayer today. Amen!

new topics

top topics

join