It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney For Whistleblower: 400 U.S. Surface-to-Air Missiles Stolen In Benghazi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by xuenchen

So, the State Department donates 40 million to Libya in thier
quest for SAMs. Whats 400 when you have 20,000?

And now supposedly Al Qaeda has them!
I guess this means that Al Qaeda is not defeated then.

and another twist....

maybe somebody actually sold some back....

got paid....

then stole them back again !!

Double Stamps today !!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

That is entirely possible.
I will be interesting to read the Rolling Stone story, to see the expose
on Brennan that Hastings was working on.

I for one in this case dont find it strange, or for that matter suspect...
that anyone close to this would remain anonymous!
edit on 13-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
dreaded double post
edit on 13-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
already knew about the missiles missing in libia..right after they killed Gaddafi..they made sure we knew about it so it was easier to sell for positive public opinion when the CIA uses them on unsuspecting countries airliners in the name of Al quaeda.

that's probably why Benghazi happened and they stood down, because the ambassador was probably going to blow the whistle and they had to shut him up
edit on 13-8-2013 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

400 Missiles
Over 1000 Escaped Prisoners a couple of weeks ago.
One Terror Alert from last week.

How Ironic, it sounds like Al-Qaeda is launching an offensive.

I wonder what we can expect over the next week or so.

Anyone?

edit on 13-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

link   
You know, there's a lot of people who sleep well at night thinking the US has the best military equipment... yet so many of them it doesn't phase that we can't even keep up with large amounts of weapons.

There's no way this was accident.

link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
already knew about the missiles missing in libia..right after they killed Gaddafi..they made sure we knew about it so it was easier to sell for positive public opinion when the CIA uses them on unsuspecting countries airliners in the name of Al quaeda

False Flags....

Hmmm.

Mossad ?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Well, if we can trust the NSA to be doing their job....
www.thedailybeast.com...

But I dont know....they had a drone over Benghazi, they know
what happened. I guess it all depends on what "Al Qaedas" next
mission is.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

"Al Queda" is "US" - Cia all the way - chaos wherever we go.

When will the americans get that our "gov't" both dems and repubs are, and have been, in the business of bringing the US empire down.

And pocketing personal fortunes on the way -

They are "all in" for the one world gov't - see Bush Sr. said so.

It really is that simple.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

A cover for arming Syrian rebels... How convenient.

Use of the word airliners to focus your attention that maybe Americans would be the target of an attack diverting attention away from the obvious target, which is Syrian air power..

Still arming terrorists I see..

People keep thinking "how can the government be so stupid?" They never answer that question with the obvious answer. No group of people is ever that stupid. It's an interesting way of distancing yourself from power(responsibility)..

Mistakes are made, but personally knowing about real terror threats from the Army I can say that you havn't heard about them..

In this day and age things are almost always public on purpose. There are mistakes, but those are less common than planned events.

I wonder who they Armed and why?

As if they can't track the missiles

Maybe something like this (video)
edit on 8/13/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Exclusive: Al Qaeda Conference Call
\

Interesting. .. ..

They could have easily triangulated their positions, flown drones in there, and blew their asses up, But Didn't?

hum. .. . ..

Ya know, .. .. .. when someone lies to you one time, you could spend your whole lifetime and never believe a word that comes out of their mouth.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by burnth'teships

I may be connecting dots that are not there but didn't the USA implement a no fly zone cease fire in Libya during the whole over throw thing ? Wouldn't 400 surface to air missiles be standard in a worst case scenario where if they didn't stop bombing citizens these would be handed out to the rebels?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

The only SAM the U.S. has that the Rebels didn't already get thousands of from Libya's ammo stockpiles after it fell into chaos would be Stingers. If we lost (or sold and trying to make a cover story now) 400 stingers? We're in Deeeeeeeeep kimchy. It's a game changer if they somehow could find a way to get a % of them back to Afghanistan, for instance.

The thing is... If you look at the pics of the Diplomatic Compound (Thats a BIG PDF of images) and compare a bit with the satellite photos to see the CIA compound wasn't that much bigger for buildings and such? Well... These aren't like World War II munitions stacked outback like cord wood or rifles that come several to a case.

Stinger Missile Box Makes Dandy Double-Gun Safari-Style Case

The example is kinda funny, but it has the dimensions (as what I was looking for) " Measuring roughly 63″ x 11″ x 13″, ".

400 of those are going to take some room ..and only the Diplomatic property was totally overrun. Where did they have so many of those? They would have filled the rooms and the rebel's own photos from that night would have shown the place littered with the cases and/or people carrying them.

Something smells far off for the compound destruction to be directly about stealing missiles that night, IMHO.

* If we lost control over 400 Stingers though...some people's butts need put into meat grinders 1/4 inch at a time over days, for that level of bad judgement or screw up. They pose NO threat to an Embassy....but could that have been about ransoming us? "You close xx number of properties for a given time or we shoot down an airliner? I hope not.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A room that's something like 15 feet by 20 feet by 8 feet would hold all those missiles.. Not that you would store them in such a manner or that this story makes any sense, but it could be done..

I'm thinking the 400 missiles were more recently delivered.. Course maybe it's more like 67 missiles and the rest is profit..

Post below this one is VERY Important.
edit on 8/13/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
It's highly likely that they would allow such military hardware to get in to terrorist hands, much like they would allow prison breakouts across the Middle East and Asia and even American deaths to cover the fact that this whole act is simply to maintain this sordid relationship between the US and...no not Israel, Saudi Arabia. When you look at the two countries, both in terms of financial relationship and corperate, its probably the strongest, yet overlooked relationship in the world.

There is on-going cover-up of a terrorist infrastructure spanning over a decade which is mirrored by the censorship of the Joint Inquiry findings about Osama Basnan, involved in the pass-through of Saudi Embassy funds to al-Mihdhar, and earlier the host of a party for Sheikh Abdul Rahman. One factor enabling the cover-up is the over-arching and little-understood U.S.-Saudi relationship, to understand which we must also consider the context of petrodollars, OPEC and the major oil companies.

The export of Saudi oil, paid for by all customers in U.S. dollars, and in the U.S. case largely offset by the export of U.S. arms to Saudi Arabia, is a major underpinning of America’s petrodollar economy. Its current strength is supported by OPEC’s requirement (secured by a secret agreement in the 1970s between the US and Saudi Arabia) that all OPEC oil sales be denominated in dollars. $600 billion of the Saudi dollar earnings have been reinvested abroad, most of it in U.S. corporations like Citibank (where the two largest shareholders are members of the Saudi Royal family).

This fusion of U.S. and Saudi governing interests is as much political as economic. The first oil price hike of 1972-73, arranged by Nixon with the King of Saudi Arabia and the Shah of Iran, helped pay to arm Iran and Saudi Arabia as U.S. proxies in the region, following the withdrawal of British troops from the region in 1971.[170] The oil price hikes of 1979-80, on the other hand, were assuredly not the intention of President Carter, a political victim of the increases. They have however been credibly attributed to the work of oil majors like BP, possibly acting in collusion with Republicans; and had the result of helping to elect Ronald Reagan (as well as Margaret Thatcher in England).

Al Qaeda have a long standing agreement as part of Osama Bin laden's agreement with Saudi Arabia, to stay out of Saudi Arabian politics which translates to leaving Saudi Arabia well alone, but it could be argued that it goes further, that they themselves are pretty much run byt this US-Saudi alliance. Its very well documented the amount of high ranking and major players within Al Qaeda that have links to the CIA and it is equally as well documented that the 9/11 hijackers were on the CIA books and at the same time the FBI were protecting known terrorists such as Ali Mohammed, one of the most prolific Islamic terrorists on record who was himself a double agent, the same guy that masterminded the Embassy bombings was continually released from various law enforcement custody cells by the FBI.

This is all without the again well documented facts surrounding the CIA being very much aware that Al Qaeda was heavily financed by the drug trade namely the opium trade from Afghanistan, is it a mere coincidence that years prior to US invasion of Afghanistan the Opium trade from Afghanistan was down and then following the invasion, it went through the roof? Now if you look at most so called freedom fighters etc outfits such as the IRA were notoriously involved in drugs and guns, it had F-all to do with politics. The same IRA that were once heavily backed by America.

When you look closely at this dark relationship that these so called terrorist organisations, but in particular, Al Qaeda have with the US, not so much the foot soldiers, but high ranking members all the way to Bin Laden himself in terms of Al Qaeda when he was alive (if he is actually dead, which I don't believe he is), its not so far fetched to believe that the US would allow 400 surface to air missiles to be taken by these so called terrorists. To me we are not dealing with terrorists, we are dealing with something far worse and it leads all the way to those who are meant to protect us.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Why do people think this was a government error or unplanned event? Nothing happens by accident, this was planned and the goal achieved. The missiles are in the hands of whom they desired and will be used as directed. However the public is feed an official story and buy it hook line and sinker, so predictable.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

This needs a bit more credit than it is being given. Here is a little more on DiGinova and his partner/wife Victoria Toensing

CNS News

Former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova said today that the State Department is denying clearances to attorneys who want to represent Benghazi whistleblowers - even though one of the attorneys already has a current Top Secret security clearance.

"The Department of State is refusing to grant clearances to Victoria and other people who want to represent the whistleblowers in an attempt to prevent the testimony," DiGenova, founding partner of the Washington, D.C. law firm of diGenova & Toensing, LLP, charged in an interview on Washington DC's WMAL radio.

Rep. Darryl Issa (R-) is demanding Sec. of State John Kerry grant clearances to attorneys like his partner, Victoria Toensing, who has an active Top Secret security clearance:

"Victoria Toensing, my partner, has just been retained by one of the Department of State whistleblowers who are going to appear before the Issa committee. On April 26, Congressman Issa sent a letter to the new Sec of State, John Kerry, demanding that the lawyers who are going to represent the whistleblowers be cleared - be given clearances - so they can talk to their clients and the committee about classified information."f

At the same time the theory that the closing of the embassies in the mid east was because of the missing missiles doesn't make sense. We announced we were moving embassy officials out of the area and then flew them out. A perfect target. It is unlikely they have gotten all missiles out of the country so seems some would be available to hit their target.

My logic may be a little flawed here....just thinking.

Sounds pretty plausible to me. They announce the closers and then fly people out.... and when those planes get taken down by SAM's then they have a new reason to further encroach on the ME. I doubt that they ever thought that this kind of information would get out, or that people would believe it if they heard that our government somehow lost 400 SAM's in Libya, what the hell were they doing there in the first place?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Funny, it seems they are dumping the guerrilla tactics and moving towards plane old modern warfare.
I think the only question that needs to be hammered on is why such missiles where at the consulate/CIA department.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

it really is just that simple

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
FOX News is reporting the same story now.

Another point; The way they (government) is going about, generating fear to apply more freedom-stealing legislation is going to backfire on them.
The fear is going to turn to anger.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join