It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Is Suing For New Contracts After Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Poor BP thinks the suspensions are unfair

BP sues US government over suspension from new federal contracts

British oil giant BP sued the U.S. government on Monday over its decision to bar the company from new federal contracts to supply fuel and other services following the company’s agreement to plead guilty to manslaughter and obstruction charges in connection with the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill disaster.

The company, which was negotiating a possible agreement with the EPA at the time the agency issued the suspension last November, wants a judge to order the EPA to lift the suspension and allow BP to bid for and secure new government contracts.

The suspension, called a debarment, affects only new federal contracts, not existing ones. Because of it, however, BP has lost out on potentially billions of dollars of business with the U.S. government.

Additional sources reporting
WSJ

BP said it believed the suspension would be brief and that it was working with the EPA on an agreement that would effectively end the suspension. But according to the court filing, which was reported earlier by the Houston Chronicle, the EPA refused to lift the ban even after the company entered its formal pleas and the criminal case was closed.

The company is asking the court to rule the EPA suspension is illegal and to end it immediately.

ABC News
edit on 12-8-2013 by ATSmediaPRO because: removed extra smiley

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

What happenes to Murderers?

They are Banned from Society.

This is a far cry from murder, .. to some degree, but, I think the ban is justified by BPs shear neglegence.

What ever happened to EXXON?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As long as BP starts watching what they are doing more closely, I see no problem with them getting back in business. The people monitoring the oil companies can be easily and secretly persuaded to look the other way. This needs to be straightened out.

Another thing is that no wells should be drilled in that area without an emergency response team that can handle the situation in place in the gulf. It could be a shared venture of the oil companies. Competition in that field should be monitored, only companies that know what to do and have adequate resources to fix the problems should be employed. I think they should be prepared for at least three wells failing myself, something that can happen in an extreme case.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Suing? Suing? LOL the inventor of raders tools were -d, deathed, and brittish petrollium spends their time like the federal government, wishing to - + no + 1 thing to hide they - the alasakan stargate, to hide that they + the no stargate +ers body inside the musium.

new topics

top topics

join