It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ever wonder what it would be like if "life" and the entire thing as we know as "reality" and the universe didn't exist? Think about it. Think about if life wasn't real, comments please.

This is a religious thing because if you think about it...the human body is a powerful thing if you treat it right, the mind is powerful if you treat it right....so...anyway you think about it...something that is "Almighty, and a greater entity then a human must exist, No flaming please, this is a serious thought, comments on what if reality as we know it didn't exist and on that there must be a greater entity then ourselves
Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It is known that the universe was born of a black hole. Black holes do not have time or space. The act of creation was an inversion. On this side we have positive time. On the other negative time. The key to this problem is our ability to think outside the square. We have the ability to think outside of time and space because they are not real. Our consious mind is traped in this illusion. This is why the key to creation and science can be found in nonthought. People have been doing this for a long time. Meditation allows you to compare this place to something else. That something else is real this place is not. I can not tell you what I know you must see for yourself. Think about nothing and you will know.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
enoch,

That was very well said!!!

I wonder how many others will see IT that WAY?

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Its important to remember that for all intent and purpose nothing is something.

Consider the Hawking construct in respect to virtual particles spontaneously coming into existence. What are the odds of two virtual particles of opposing polarity coming into existence spontaneously at the same time (in a vacuum)?

Granted the numbers are very high but in reality the issue is more related to when in respect to alternatives (as in hits) than if.

Existing and not existing brings to mind the issue of a middle ground (i.e....a present) a state of being in which alludes to a point of reference which seems both a dream (wave) and very real (particle).

While on the surface reality seems to favor the dream, that conclusion, its basis takes its strength from what we today know. What is more likely though is that a balance is inherent, so while we see time only from the reference of a wave it could very well have a particle aspect.

Making the known Universe both particle and wave at the same moment.

Time squared can be calculated from the C^2 component of E=mc^2

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by enoch
Meditation allows you to compare this place to something else. That something else is real this place is not.

I would say that 'this place' is real - it is simply isn't all there is.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
"Out of nothing came something"

I disagree. The idea to me is quite simple. You start with something and you end with something. I believe it is a false assumption to believe that nothingness exists. Yes, their are spaces of less density, but overall we have energies, particles, and properties popping up everywhere; this includes "empty" space. I think nothingness is as real as we are, just in another form.

"It is known that the universe was born of a black hole."

Technically, our universe was born from something we've never observed. It has properties like a black hole, yes. I don't personally believe we know the true "beginning." On the otherhand, the Big Bang theory in conjunction with studies on black holes has given us a good idea of the beginning of material being. It is highly agreed upon that something else was present to make the Big Bang in the first place.

"Black holes do not have time or space."

Since when? Black holes are spacetime funnels. That is their nature and their being. At the singularity (probably what you are referring to) basic laws of physics have to transfer over to quantum laws and perhaps a whole new field needs to be created to describe such an odd phenomena. As a side note, Hawking radiation proves that black holes dissolve very slowly.

"The act of creation was an inversion."

If you are referring to material creation (matter/mass), then yes, I believe it is a very possible and probable solution.

"On this side we have positive time. On the other negative time."

Probably not. I'll try to keep an open mind, but the only thing that really exists is the moment/present. The future may have a fairly stable path and the past may be how we remember a present that once existed, but truly the present is all that exists. Negative time would assume that the past once again becomes the present, which is pretty much impossible since the present is an existence in itself. Time is simply relative to where you are measuring from (proven by Einstein).

"The key to this problem is our ability to think outside the square. We have the ability to think outside of time and space because they are not real."

They are real. The box/square is real. Everything is real or "virtual," which is just a fancy way of saying "possible." Basically, the reality that we all strive for is what is achieved. The world and all of its interactions are a long string of conscious or unconscious choices. We need to start taking hold of our future and forming our destinies once again. The way to do this is to use the present. Again, that's all we have.

I'll refer you to a Blog by Toltec on Wu-Ji at this point. It is quite good. I know the link to Wu-Ji itself is as follows:

users.bestweb.net...

"Our consious mind is traped in this illusion."

Trapped is a funny word. Most likely we are here by choice.

"This is why the key to creation and science can be found in nonthought."

I would say mindfulness over ego. A quiet mind, yet one that is open and listening to the universe is more likely to understand the deeper meaning.

You are on the right track. Don't underestimate yourself or your choices. They are all a part of your present and make your life however you want it to be. Good Journey.

top topics

join