It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just to give you a glimpse of what ufo Activity is like in BC, Vancouver.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Planes don't land in the north shore mountains. Just say'n

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Planes don't land in the north shore mountains. Just say'n

Who said they were?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The guy filming was pointing north/west. Mountains there. Airport is in Richmond

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

The guy filming was pointing north/west. Mountains there. Airport is in Richmond

Yes and?

In which direction is the airport in Richmond?

What I am saying is this was a plane that disappeared behind the building, made a turn to prepare for landing and would have come back into the shot if he had continued filming but then it would of been clear as day it was a plane.

Its a typical hoax format of cutting video short and describing the rest.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What I am saying is this was a plane that disappeared behind the building, made a turn to prepare for landing and would have come back into the shot if he had continued filming but then it would of been clear as day it was a plane.

I already told you, there is no airport in the mountains so your conjecture is wrong.

Its a typical hoax format of cutting video short and describing the rest.

No it's not because there is no plane circling for a landing in the mountains. No plane, means no hoax. Besides, for the sake of argument let's say it is a plane. In this case it would be called "misidentified'.

In which direction is the airport in Richmond?

Not in the mountains.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There are websites that show the locations of all the known satellites and the ISS as they orbit the Earth.

This site by NASA, gives you an interactive web applet:
science.nasa.gov...

Other sites like Heavens Above, provide maps of other things: www.heavens-above.com...

If you look around, you can find apps for smartphones that use the compass, GPS, motion and tilt sensors to show what is in the sky in that particular direction. Star-like objects moving in a straight line? Definitely a satellite. Make curved 90 and 180 degree turns, probably a geo-observation satellite for agriculture, climate or geographic study.

In those Summer months when satellites were most readily observed, the fun thing was to get a world radio with Short-wave/Long-wave reception and just hear the satellites chirruping away - a sort of breeeep breeeep breeep sound.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
reply to post by wmd_2008

Heres a TV report from January 14th 2013. Nothing to recent but pretty cool that news reported it.

This has a thread somewhere. I checked into it and the only "wave" was the meteor sightings. As far as I can ttell, Brian Vike reported only one sighting on his web site from that night that was not a meteor. I think Brian was over excited by being on TV.

This was uploaded from a cellphone probably, Taken from BC surry in June/July

Probably a string of LEDs held up by a helium balloon. This video also has a thread here.

This was filmed by the same guy let me know what you think.
All of these sightings are from the summer.

The reason why hes getting all worked up about it, Is because out here if What ever time you do manage to spend looking up. You will see a meteorite, Or a plane, or a sattlite. You always see something moving in the skies around here. And inbetween all that mess. You see things like this that slow down, Or change direction. There are some great videos from vancouver over this passed year. Example. The random fleets you see around here . lol

Yes, there are a lot of satellites, planes and meteorites seen in the Vancouver skies. And stars too! You wouldn't believe how many "UFO" reports of hovering lights blinking different colors. (just common scintallating star effect).

I'm not sure if there are any real anomolies in the skies. Looking at the videos you have posted makes me think probably not - or that the vast majority of UFO reports are simple phenomena reported by people who simply don't know what they are looking at.

Yes, those fleets of Chinese lantern "orbs" are absolutely amazing. (not)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hm, cool. seems they're all congregated (that's the word right?) over that one area wherever that is... he should try finding where they'd be directly above him. that'd be the spot they're over wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

First I want to thank all the people here who have supported my video clips and for the individuals who think I am filming birds, bugs, etc, well sorry I am not. I have been filming object in the skies of Vancouver for over a year and when I first started I was able rule out all the mundane activity in the skies including planes, bugs and birds...wow people "I stopped filming just before it hid behind my condo because it was likely a plane." I stopped filming because it was going behind my condo..planes have blinking , strobing lights and are much brighter in Night vision. the Yukon I have is the Yukon Ranger much more powerful than the one shown in the comments!!. I would suggest for the skeptics to have a look at my other videos of the orbs, fleets, wobbling UFO...I make no money on my videos and it behooves me to post video clips of UFOs just for attention..I'm 48 year old medical professional with astronomy as a hobby. Yes I may have a couple or three satellites in my videos as sometimes they are very difficult to tell if satellite or UFO, military , drone. Most are of legit UFO sightings, just look at video " UFO pretending to be a satellite" so it's not so easy to say any of these moving targets are just satellites when the UFO can look exactly the same. It's patience and knowing the skies, using 3 different satellite referral sites and IPAD App to rule out satellites. So in summary, I did my research and yes they are congregating behind Cypress, maybe around Enchantment or Deeks lake. I would love to trek there with a group of serious skywatchers, Ufologists. Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlesLamour

Seriously Charles we have heard this on here before but your job means nothing with respect to this subject, I am slightly older than you have been interested in Astronomy/space since watching the Moon landings as a young boy and going to see 2001 when first released in the UK were I live.

I have been in PHOTOGRAPHY for 30+ years with all due respect that has more bearing on what your doing than you being a "medical professional" yes your videos are interesting but you do what lots of UFO hunters do ie YOU don't give all the information required to find out what these objects are and some are obviously birds or possibly bats (the object swooping around the crane).

Also your equipment is NOT exactly state of the art and no doubt you make the typical assumptions that many ufo watchers on here make because they don't know the FUNDAMENTALS of photography. There are NUMEROUS threads on here that have been debunked because of what members think happens when taking pictures/video and not what really happens. That is issues to do with focus,shutter speeds, aperture and depth of field.

Comments like this

Originally posted by CharlesLamour
just look at video " UFO pretending to be a satellite" so it's not so easy to say any of these moving targets are just satellites when the UFO can look exactly the same.

YOU can't prove it's a ufo just because you don't see it on an app who says its a satellite in the first place

Also this video for example

The object seen flying near the crane I would have like to see that filmed with a good quality DSLR and a wide aperture 200 mm f2.8 lens which would give around the same magnification as your Yukon if filmed on a full frame DSLR and a bit more on a crop sensor DSLR.

I will still be interested in seeing any of your videos that's why I joined here I WANT to see evidence of the real thing.

edit on 15-8-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

These objects were invisible and just to make it clear I left my credentials as for information who I am not someone that just makes claims and doesn't know what he is doing and by the way I own a 7 D and also into photography, i own 70-200 L series 2.8 lens and I couldn't see a thing, Please have a look at "amazing energy orb" and comment on that one, MuFON has placed it under the 8 percent of UFOs they could not indentify,it was scrutinized by many videographers from MUFON, I really don't know why you are so aggressive, I am posting these for the public for interest and possible assitance what they can be, they are not birds and I will mention this one last time just because I don't have the patience to get into a pissing contest but these are in the skies of Vancouver and if you have comstructive criticism I would be happy to continue discussions, most people who know me and have been following my videos for the last year know what I have been trying to do since last July. I have no idea what they are and never claimed I did but what I am sure of they are not bats or birds as I have ton of videos same distance of birds and small bats to compare, would you like to see?
Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I also forgot to mention, I know of no satellite that changes direction or barely moves in the sky ,this is a UFO not making claims they are ET. Ok I am done but please I encourage you to look at my other videos before judging me and what I am filming and also I did not post my videos on this site , I noticed someone else did and read some skeptics remarks and wanted to respond. I only post on my YT channel and I am open for people to share my videos in the hope someone may have some answers to what I am seeing.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Aggressive what makes you say that

So is someone WHO questions your videos aggressive or classed as that, I even said that I would like to see more some of your videos and I will look at as many as I can over the next few days.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Had a look at your amazing energy orb video it is interesting can you give more details of how you do this ie the equipment model numbers etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I don't know but your tone sure sounded aggressive when in fact you made judgements about me from just one of my 75 videos but enough said. I see you are interested and could lend a hand and as mentioned this is my goal.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I use a Yukon night ranger monocular attached to a mini DVR. When I capture an object I check first if i can see it with naked eye and depending if I have my Canon 7d or canon xa10 hooked alongside my scope I will also take a video with them but 90 percent of the time neither of these cameras can see the objects. This particular object was about 50-100 feet from me,, reason I can judge the distance is because my Yukon Ranger is set for infinity, when an object is captured out of focus its within 100 feet mark, this is when I loose focus when set to infinity for the stars. Second parameter is the object was just above condo in front of my place which is about 50 feet away from me, it travelled way above the neighbors condo so I beleive the distance is correct or very close anyways. When it passed me and when I finally was able to resolve it and clear for a few moments, I looked up and it was completely invisible to naked eye..this is probably my best sighting and couple of more in my library, at least the one I am desperate for answers. When it disappeared it came back speeding at amazing speeds and captured it on subsequent videos. I had is similar sightings all this year but never this close, one last year even shot off like a meteor...by the way I initially thought it was a bird but it was strobing..this video was called UFO impossible manoevers...thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Thanks VERY much for that I will look through your videos they are of interest, I must admit i would like to know more about the optics of the Yukon compared to a camera lens.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Not the best but still pretty good...nowhere near the quality of Canon..I'm in the process of hookimg up my 1.4 50mm lens , great quality lens. I've seen som of my friends on YT change the lens and really provides cleaner more detailed picture even though its an analogue picture. Just so you know this NV device is digital , no intensifiers.

Thanks
Charles

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I already told you, there is no airport in the mountains so your conjecture is wrong.

Yes, You said there is an airport in Richmond, correct?

I asked in which direction is the airport in Richmond, in which you reply

Not in the mountains.

Well in the video is the light moving in a direction towards the mountains?

I am under the impression it is and your misunderstanding me when I say its circling to land.

there is no plane circling for a landing in the mountains.

I am under the impression the light in the video is moving towards the mountains,

If its changes direction makes a turn, is in a holding pattern, it would not land in the mountains and if the guy would of shown the rest of video you would have most likely seen lights which would clearly identify it as a plane.

So cut the video as it looks like its going to go behind a building and give a description of the rest of the sighting saying it kept going in the same direction and disappeared is a classic hoax in anybodies books that wants to take this subject seriously that full of lies hoaxes and deception by all sorts for many different reasons.

Why not show at least 60seconds more in the video of it disappearing and not showing up anymore if your filming, why stop short and put words describing what your camera obviously caught in a YouTube video and not just show what you describe?

I just had a look at Google maps,

Is Sea Island The Airport?

If so, The plane has flown over Vancouver towards the mountains and he cut the video.

Why? Because that in my opinion from watching planes fly and circle above Melbourne, Australia, my best guess is that plane would make a turn once getting to the mountains and fly over the Strait of Georgia to get line with one of the run ways on Sea Island if thats the airport.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

planes have blinking , strobing lights and are much brighter in Night vision.

Yes,

However, perspective is key.

Many times can a plane be filmed or viewed as just a hovering light, eventually if one keeps viewing or filming it becomes obvious, however to cut short and describe what you film

Yes I may have a couple or three satellites in my videos as sometimes they are very difficult to tell if satellite or UFO, military , drone. Most are of legit UFO sightings, just look at video " UFO pretending to be a satellite" so it's not so easy to say any of these moving targets are just satellites when the UFO can look exactly the same.

UFO. Unidentified, If it looks and behaves like a satellite your next step is to say Unidentified flying Object pretending to be satellite?

It looks and acts like a satellite so try researching

It's patience and knowing the skies, using 3 different satellite referral sites and IPAD App to rule out satellites.

So that would rule out satellites in your opinion?

So in summary, I did my research

I hope so, because your answer for my question above would have to be no, there would be many birds up there that I cannot get on a phone app or internet site.
I can find sites that track these unknown suspected satellites which are suspected to be military or some other corporations secret satellites or speculate further and assume its some type exotic air/space craft. however satellites cannot be ruled out as what known to the public sector and the private sector concerning this could be miles apart.

But you choose to call them UFOs until they become extraterrestrials it seems or your hinting that when you say UFO you mean ET.

"UFO pretending to be satellite" what is that hinting at? You wrote it and I might be interpreting the UFO part wrong, because I assume for something to pretend to be something else there must be some sort of intelligence involved, I don't see the logic in anything terrestrial to pretend to be a satellite by the way you say it, so I assume your meaning ET pretending to be satellite.

You seem to want believe more than you want to know.

for that as its belief/curiosity combined that will eventually push for something to be captured on film that is undeniable but what your capturing on film from what Ive seen can be concluded to being terrestrial and not really out of the ordinary.

for making an effort and filming, without people like you taking their time to supply footage, there's nothing for skeptics to analyze.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join