It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armored Sheriff Vehicle in an Odd Place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm probably gonna get flamed on for this post, but here goes.

I live in a really small town, pretty much no crime except the occasional break-ins. No murders in the surrounding areas, far from the cities.

An armored sheriff vehicle pulling a small all-terrain vehicle on a trailer went through town. Tried to catch up to it to take a picture but I am "cell phone stupid" and couldn't find my camera in my phone

It's 2 1/2 hrs to real population, in the opposite direction he was travelling, and at least 3 hrs to a small populated city, very little crime there too, in the direction he was travelling. He also would've been better off taking the interstate from larger cities in Colorado if he was going to the larger cities in Nebraska.

It looked alot like this:
Armored Vehicle

With a logo similar to this, on further back on the vehicle and smaller
Logo

It was pulling on a small trailer an all-terrain vehicle that looked similar to this:
camo vehicle

The thing that struck me funny is the logo design matched our county's logo, which is unique from the surrounding area. We have flat terrain, we do not have alot of crime - no hostage situations, murders etc.

This vehicle was just completely out of place. Even if travelling through to a larger populated area-Very much longer and inconvenient route (plus the unique logo for our county).

Just struck me as very much odd, and my gut feeling says "very odd".

I thought I'd just "put this out there", as people are reporting that things are ramping up for martial law, riots, etc.

OK, I'm ready for the flames to begin

edit on 12-8-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ok, i'll flame myself for being paranoid

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There are places like you describe living in, that are the most appealing to unpleasant folks. They like to manufacture drugs, feed girls to pigs, rent old buildings to store dead their bodies in, and in general, just do nasty, unjust things to one another.

I'm not saying that's it, but it's possible.

I do like the Marshall law you went to, though. Gives it that ominous creepy feel

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, the Police and sheriff have sure been getting some fat millitary style equipment these last few years, haven't they.
But that far from a population, and with the atv on the back, I wonder if they could be nailing big guerilla pot growers?

Around here, we have seen vehicles like this roll up into the woods to bust huge marijuana fields- grown by Mexican cartels that have moved into Cali. PNW, and other rural states. This has become ever more common over the past several years. It happens about this time of year, as the plants begin to flower.
edit on 12-8-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Armored Sheriff's vehicles don't bother me at all...

Armored FEMA and TSA and Homeland Security vehicles scare the crap outta me

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
Well, the Police and sheriff have sure been getting some fat millitary style equipment these last few years, haven't they.
But that far from a population, and with the atv on the back, I wonder if they could be nailing big guerilla pot growers?

Around here, we have seen vehicles like this roll up into the woods to bust huge marijuana fields- grown by Mexican cartels that have moved into Cali. PNW, and Colorado, I am sure. It happens about this time of year, as the plants begin to flower.

Now, that is a big possibility now that MJ is legal in Colorado...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

There is medical here, and limited grown your own in places like Colorado. But these cartels plant 10,000 to 100,000 plant crops in the National Forests, destroying often delicate environments.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

We are flat lands out here, no forests, but still could be in the middle of a corn field or other crop.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Looks like its been deleted off the new topics page, kinda makes ya say hhmmm....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Maybe the sheriff got some new toys and decided to take it out for a hunting trip.

top topics

join