It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you really need to do when your facing eminent danger???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by cameraobscura
BEST...FILM...EVER!!!

Knowing me I'd probably die of starvation or dehydration on that island! Then again there were plenty of coconuts now weren't there? And I love coconuts! :-)

that's cuz you r a bit of a cocoNUT

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The day one is born one is facing imminent danger and death, it just doesn't become clear until one reaches the age of about 35 for most.

Gee, where do anxiety issues come from?, maybe the dread of unavoidable eventualities?.

Fight or Flight is a good starting point, I hope in your quest to board your life raft you didn't force your way past too many and selfishly cost them their lives so you could save your own, only to dread surviving and get bored without your TV and all.

I would consider being the sole inhabitant on a desert island to be a blessing, I mean really?, you read some of this stuff on this site, see some of the crap on TV?, and don't feel a little ill at ease knowing how retarded most of the members of your species actually are?.

Gee willickers, freedom is something to be dreaded I guess.
edit on 13-8-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: typo

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

ya good point. but it would get lonely there. You might be able to get a few pets. Pet birds, and some animals that you feed that come around often enough. And maybe if you're lucky you find a dog or something. But you'd still get lonely. Especially not even having a ham radio or something to communicate with. I'm sure you'd put up with it all for a long time but eventually you'd probably try and make a break for it so you could get back to civilization

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As much as it would suck, I'd stay on the island. I am TERRIFIED of sharks/water/oceans and would rather die of old age or sickness on the island than risk making a break for it and dying out at sea or my makeshift boat falling apart and being picked at by sharks.

Evening if I was on an island with an active volcano about to erupt- I would still avoid the ocean. lol

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Haw haw haw!
That's so far-nee! It's true...I admit it...I'm a nut bar and half~ although you should see me when I'm at my Snickers style nuttiest!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Keep a roaring fire ablaze for one. Move deeply into meditation and become enlightened, that way regardless of the outcome I would be in total bliss.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sounds like an ideal life, could use a woman out there though.

I came down hard from living in the ratrace, it was hard to break free of. Now I have a peaceful life and just go into town to see others once in a while. I like being a man of the woods. I don't want to rough it but also don't care to join back into the life I used to live either.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Keep a roaring fire ablaze for one. Move deeply into meditation and become enlightened, that way regardless of the outcome I would be in total bliss.

Become the boodahh

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Given the scenario you just pointed out the only thing missing for me would be some female company..ok, ..someone to do the dishes whilst i'm either sunbathing, fishing or making some Hooch. all things considered...you have just described Eden.

BTW...I would have shelter and fire within 24 hours..water next, then food. after that i would set up a signal fire with a big SOS sign made from dead, sun bleached branches next to the fire, and then just make do and mend. ...

I could build a boat if a had the materials to build said Boat, but having never sailed any great distance and not clued up enough on navigating by Stars alone, i would just stay where i was until i was rescued.
I would certainly not panic.

edit on 14-8-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It's Amazing how the Human Mind reacts when faced with imminent Danger....

Not sure if it applies to everyone, just going by my own experiences...

Two Car crashes, Both of which i was the passenger.

A vicious assault..3 against one.

And a Car coming speeding towards me with nowhere to go other than towards the Car....

In those split seconds the Mind goes into some sort of overdrive and time does seem to slow down enough for you to make the decisions that will ultimately save you life...I here posting today as living proof.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Already been done. If existence wanted another it would happen, instead they placed us here to see what we could do as individuals with a potential just the same as the other handful of Enlightened beings before us, who looked inside rather than out to refine themselves.

Edit to say that on those survival shows they never seem to relax into the situation and allow nature to guide them. Instead they use only mental energy and to me that is a waste of potential.
edit on 14-8-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

If days went into months, building a good sturdy raft would be a creative and intelligent idea. Nothing better to do than secure yourself for anything that may come like hurricanes or tsunamis. The bed you sleep on could potentially be the life raft/boat.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh, i would build a boat, that's a given. A boat would be handy for off shore fishing and as you say, it could save your life in a storm. I just wouldn't try and sail my Butt off the island if i had everything i needed to survive..

I would also Make a Big flat screen TV and a Bike from Driftwood..hey, it gives me something to do...

I think I've cracked up just at the thought of being a Castaway.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Build a large segmented air visual out of materials on island that would pull attention to island 1 is on. Maybe out of many trees -leaves -mud (materials) & just keep extending on it and eventually you'll get a few miles of material out to sea connected to island you are on and some may see where the air visual started like natural beacon.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Build a Big UFO out of driftwood and Leaves...in no time at all a grainy Image would appear here. Hey Presto...you're out there.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

If the supplies were limited setting sail after watching and observing the oceans currents (at least a year)wouldn't be a bad idea, but if the resources were plentiful then staying put and keeping a large fire that could be seen by airplanes, and making a HUGE sos would be common sense. Making bows to hunt birds and any other wildlife would be a good idea, but spearing wildlife right off the bat would be a bad one unless you are certain that say the wild boar could mate to make more offspring.

Setting up live traps and then penning the animals up would be the best best to ensure future food. Scavenging the shorelines would be a daily chore as the junk that would wash up could be beneficial.

You would think that being with a great sexual partner would make it paradise but then who would want to give birth on an island where there is no medical care or safe environment for the new born? Baby after baby without end?

I would also start writing a journal if even on rocks in case I die and to keep track of the days weeks and months. Keeping track of weather and currents would also be important for long term survival.

People do not have to go off the deep end in a situation like the OP proposes, not if you stay out of your mind and keep busy with the creative side of life and trust nature to guide you. If you do see wildlife follow it to clean water sources before even considering killing it.

edit on 15-8-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I was thinking about having a dock to walk out on too for fishing. If you had all the time in the world why not? I have to say I would rather be alone on an island of plenty than say a remote desert.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
For me, it all boils down to ONE question:
"Are there any edible MAMMALS on the island?"

If the answer is NO, i would be on a makeshift raft within a WEEK.
I would rather take almost zero chances of survival on the sea,
than spend an entire year on an island eating FISH.

edit on 15-8-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The use of a dock antar is a good idea as well
After gathering supplies of wood flexible bark & or vines to tie/pin materials together, 1 can see a dock being a possibility. The large aerial/ marine visual serves also as a timer so you don't got to rush and make mistakes trying to solve the problem as you add to the visual daily and it stretches out to sea.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The only problem I see with a dock would be that you would want to be able to pull it in for major storms. So it would have to be collapsible or retractable somehow. I have to wonder how much vegetation would be available on the island and not to over use anything that is not plentiful so the OP would have to be more specific before any real plans for future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join