It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Unfortunately. Children aren't taught to think for themselves, they're taught what to think and to believe it. And no, I don't have children, but I know what they are taught and how they are taught. A parent can't teach a child to think for themselves when a parent doesn't know to think.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

And no, I don't have children, but I know what they are taught and how they are taught.

No. You don't
You don't know me and you don't know my child.

You don't know what you are talking about. But I respect your belief that you do. Just don't expect me or my child to believe anything you have to say because we are both capable of, and exercise critical thinking skills.

edit on 9/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I have the deepest respect for you and your child. But please tell me, are children taught to think for themselves when they carry out mechanical procedures in the work place? No, they aren't. The only thing a child knows is what he/she is taught, they can't think for themselves. Why does a child grow up dying without knowing where they come from or where they are going? If life is a journey, isn't the destiny supposed to be known? Or do you prefer not knowing where you are going and effectively walking down a blind alley? The theory of evolution is about is credible as someone saying they "know" where they are going
edit on 4-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I have the deepest respect for you and your child.
You don't know me or my child. For all you know we are both bank robbers.

But please tell me, are children taught to think for themselves when they carry out mechanical procedures in the work place? No, they aren't.
Why ask me a question and then provide your own answer to it?

The only thing a child knows is what he/she is taught, they can't think for themselves.
Get back to me on that when you have one.

Why does a child grow up dying without knowing where they come from or where they are going?
My child knows where she came from and she knows what happens when she dies.

If life is journey, isn't the destiny supposed to be known?
I don't know what destiny means. But I'm sure you think you do.

Or do you prefer not knowing where you are going and effectively walking down a blind alley?
Life is for living.

The theory of evolution is about is credible as someone saying they "know" where they are going
I know what I did yesterday and I have a pretty good idea about what I'm going to be doing tomorrow. Not that it has a jot to do with evolution.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Where are you going? Where do you come from?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I came from my mother's womb.
I'm going back to the Earth.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Is that all to where you came from? Don't you ever think of trying to delve a little deeper than your mothers womb?
edit on Wed Sep 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Don't you ever think of trying to delve a little deeper than your mothers womb?

I beg your pardon?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
Like I said, religion means unity with the divine, if you really knew and understood the proper science, nobody would have to teach you. Obviously, there is a psychological space where all thoughts are found. Where do thoughts come from? Reflect on that.

I find it quite odd when people use esotericism in an argument.
It may work with sycophants but not with people whose views you are trying to change.

Certainly in my experience, people who have little understanding of a subject find it hard to explain that subject in a way that others can comprehend fully.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Don't you ever think of trying to delve a little deeper than your mothers womb?

I beg your pardon?

I had to reply since you called out my name.....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I am asking if you wish to delve a little deeper in your understanding of where you came from, since your understanding begins only in your mothers womb, of which you clearly are clueless about. The only thing you know is you were given birth, but how you were formed and where you came from is beyond your understanding. Do you prefer questioning theories as opposed to a basic question like "where did I come from"?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I am asking if you wish to delve a little deeper in your understanding of where you came from, since your understanding begins only in your mothers womb, of which you clearly are clueless about.

If I did wish to do so, why would I expect you to be able provide the answers? Why would I not ask a Hindu or a Pagan?

I am telling you that there is no reason that you would know any more about where I "came from" than I do. I am telling you that what you believe holds no weight in my world. You can believe what you will. I am telling you that "where I came from" may be of intellectual interest but of no particular importance.

Is that clear enough? I don't "wish" to hear your stories. I've heard them and I don't buy them. I think for myself. I don't need your stories to justify my existence. I don't need your stories to feel better about myself. I don't need your stories to not fear the end of my existence.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I know exactly who you are. You're a confused individual wallowing between birth and death. You know nothing that doesn't go beyond the peripherals of birth and death. So what exactly do you know? I don't mean in any way to offend you, all I want for you is to become serious about knowing where you came from and where you are going because obviously, you're living blindly. The least you can do is allow the "light of questioning" to shine on your existence so such questioning may give you an incentive to delve beyond superficial thought. Now listen, I am not saying I know everything, I also wish to understand life better, it is only with love that I can wake you up to the seriousness of finding answers to these critical questions before you die.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Where does the wind come from? Who put the wind in motion? Who put the seasons in motion? Who put the planets in motion? Who created the water? Can scientist create water? Who gave humans eyes to see? Where does wisdom reside? Where does knowledge come from?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Seriously?

This is all basic stuff. Well understood. Your questions are no better than Bill O'Rielly -

Wind is just the movement of a gas from a high pressure zone to a low pressure zone.

Who put it in motion? No one.

The seasons are a byproduct of our planet's axial tilt. Who put it in motion? No one.

Who put the planets in motion? No one. Their motion is due to the affects of gravity and circumfral forces on their mass.

Who created water? No one. The origin of the earth's water is still a subject of debate. There are various theories

Can scientists create water? Yes, of course. When I was at university, the students there constructed a hydrogen powered car. It was just a modified internal combustion engine. The byproduct of it's combustion process was pure water (simply oxidise hydrogen) - and they would end the demonstration by sitting an empty glass under the tailpipe and after it had collected enough water, one of the students would drink it.

Who gave humans eyes? No one. Eyes developed, independently at least half a dozen times in the animal kingdom.

Etc... it's all easily known, explainable stuff. Only those who are ignorant of these truths would ascribe a mysticism to it..

edit on 4-9-2013 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Punctuation goes in, punctuation goes out. YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse If the modern education system has failed me, I am glad, I strive for omniscience, I believe such to be my birth right. I don't want to die ignorant, if you wish to immerse yourself in scientifical methods which for the past thousand years has kept people intellectually limited and stunted, you do so.

Ok that's fine you can remain ignorant of how the world works. Oh make sure you stop going to a hospital and don't take any prescription drugs. You know because they were developed with that "false" science that is keeping us intellectually limited. Oh you may also want to stop driving your car, using electricity, oh wait you're on the internet gotta cut that out too.

You know it's funny how you say scientifical(?) methods have kept us intellectually stunted because the exact opposite is true. It was the RCC keeping people intellectually stunted during the Medieval times also known as the Dark Ages. It wasn't until the Renaissance and the reembracing of science that we started growing intellectually again. So now you are not only choosing to disregard all of science but seem to have a selective grasp of history and how mankind works. Not to mention you are confusing your faith with science. Faith and science have nothing to do with each other.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Where does the wind come from? Who put the wind in motion? Who put the seasons in motion? Who put the planets in motion? Who created the water? Can scientist create water? Who gave humans eyes to see? Where does wisdom reside? Where does knowledge come from?

Wind? Such a mystery!

You and Bill O'Reilly must walk about with "stumped" written all over your faces everyday.

I can tell you one place where wisdom definitely does not reside.

You have products of scientific inquiry at your fingertips, you use and rely upon the products of scientific inquiry every day, yet you denounce science and flaunt your lack of understanding and comprehension on a forum such as ATS?

edit on 4-9-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Is that clear enough? I don't "wish" to hear your stories. I've heard them and I don't buy them. I think for myself. I don't need your stories to justify my existence. I don't need your stories to feel better about myself. I don't need your stories to not fear the end of my existence

It's funny, actually. I was thinking about it the other day and came to the realization - a realization I have come back to time and time again - that if people were more focused on living a good and productive and happy life in this life, they wouldn't have to be so concerned about the next. I would even go so far as to suggest, merely for consideration, that our troubles in this life may be an indirect result of our incessant focus on the next. Perhaps if we were truly genuine about the principles we tout around, we wouldn't need to be concerned about an afterlife. What's the point of a paradise after death if we lived a paradise before death? Maybe that's why heaven is so important to us - because we're wasting our time here and we know it.

Think of it like building a bridge. If you were building a bridge, would you spend your entire time building that bridge thinking about what you will find on the other side of the next one you build? There's a phrase that comes to mind: cross that bridge when you come to it. And until you do, focus on this one. Stop wasting time.
edit on 4-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I know exactly who you are. You're a confused individual wallowing between birth and death. You know nothing that doesn't go beyond the peripherals of birth and death. So what exactly do you know? I don't mean in any way to offend you, all I want for you is to become serious about knowing where you came from and where you are going because obviously, you're living blindly. The least you can do is allow the "light of questioning" to shine on your existence so such questioning may give you an incentive to delve beyond superficial thought. Now listen, I am not saying I know everything, I also wish to understand life better, it is only with love that I can wake you up to the seriousness of finding answers to these critical questions before you die.

The hubris you display here is offensive... if not comical.

How dare you tell ANYONE that they are living blindly when you yourself can't see beyond your own set of beliefs. I don't know much about Phage but I can tell you that your remarks to him are completely without merit.

I wise man once said that knowing is like a disease. If you think you know, you are truly sick. You my friend are in critical condition....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Faith and science have nothing to do with each other.

Science (i.e. math) may be used to determine rational faith, otherwise known as "probability". You don't know for a fact that a certain outcome will happen, but you know that if you approach the matter using a prescribed method, the chances are quite good that a certain outcome can be observed.

That's called rational faith. And no, I am not saying religion is a rational faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join