It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
Children are taught and indoctrinated to perform slave labour, that is a fact.

No it's not fact... I'm proof. I grew up in the "system" and have never been forced to perform labor or any other activity without compensation. Do you actually understand the definition of slavery?

Children are fed with knowledge which they're forced to believe is correct, they aren't under the slightest suspicion that what they are taught is false science.

Wrong again... the fact is that scientists question everything. It is one of the fundamental foundations of science. The fact that you believe what you wrote indicates that you have very little knowledge about the subject.

I don't need to prove that the modern education system isn't working, look at the state the world is in today, your idea of utopia? We only have the education system to blame.

I am forced to conceed your point that the modern education system has failed but not because of the "evidence" you provide but rather based upon the merits of your statements alone... it has certainly failed you.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

Could you explain the difference between "false" science and "true" science. I was under the impression that there is only one type of science. One where if a theory is proven incorrect the scientists revise their opinions and go on with their day instead of making up as many rationalizations and half-truths as possible to discredit the new theory. You know like Creationists do.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Children are taught and indoctrinated to perform slave labour, that is a fact. Children are fed with knowledge which they're forced to believe is correct, they aren't under the slightest suspicion that what they are taught is false science. I don't need to prove that the modern education system isn't working, look at the state the world is in today, your idea of utopia? We only have the education system to blame.

.... words fail me. They just.... fail me.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Children are taught and indoctrinated to perform slave labour, that is a fact. Children are fed with knowledge which they're forced to believe is correct, they aren't under the slightest suspicion that what they are taught is false science. I don't need to prove that the modern education system isn't working, look at the state the world is in today, your idea of utopia? We only have the education system to blame.

And what is your idea of "true science"? What should our children be taught instead, in your opinion?
edit on 3-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Why can't you creo's afford us the same respect for a reasoned debate? You don't take the time to have a junior high level understanding of the subjects you wish to debate. Study the subject before you try and debate it.

It is interesting that all creationist arguments boil down to two methods. Try to raise mythology to the level of science, and try to reduce science to the level of mythology.

I would like to thank you for your outstanding contribution to the spread of atheism. You have no idea how much you are contributing to the future of our species!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

From what I have observed, it seems more than a few here are not interested in learning anything new unless it reinforces what they already have. That's how cognitive dissonance works.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Not true, religion never demands such things, the corrupt people who uphold such "religions" desire such things.

So yours is the "true" religion of incorruptibles. Perhaps it is a religion of one?

In that instance it pays to be even more careful. There is an old saying that a certain cult leader (whose anti scientific teachings sound remarkably similar to yours) used to be fond of repeating re errant thought.....be careful whilst alone, lest we find ourselves not in very good company.

Though he probably had to say that, because when alone people were more apt to realize he was full of it. Which he most certainly was.

If you didn't know, religion means "unity with the divine".

Did you learn this in school, or parroting from someone else?

No one knows it's true origins, the many different views are speculative.

And yes, the "truth" would definitely be known and understood if the minds of children (filled with so much subjective theories) were emptied and made clean for divine knowledge.

The history books disagree with you. Suppose they are wrong too.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Yet the facts we do have indicate that it is religion itself that goes hand in hand with societal ill health. Which would indicate that the exact opposite of your claims are true. Nothing else correlates as strongly. Economic "slavery" with dramatic differences between top tier and average people is symptomatic of religious societies. Seems particularly relevant that in such societies it also negatively impacts education and people largely eschew science. It is a well known fact that as societies care less about god, they become more peaceful, tolerant, care more for their sick and less fortunate, have better shared wealth, value science and education and generally become healthier.

Do the less literate, more religious portions of the world (Afghanistan, areas of the middle east etc.) look anything like Utopia? You would like to enforce more of this?

There are many studies on this, why not look them up for yourself.............

That religion is a societal negative is no longer particularly controversial in sociological circles, it having been verified by a rapidly growing body of studies comparing both nations at large, and the situation within the US

it is one of the great ironies of modern times that the theocons who denounce Darwinian science are the strongest advocates of Darwinian economics

www.epjournal.net...

whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com...

www.infidels.org...

edit on 3-9-2013 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by flyingfish

From what I have observed, it seems more than a few here are not interested in learning anything new unless it reinforces what they already have. That's how cognitive dissonance works.

Could be dissonance, could also be that "more than a few" can smell a hefty portion of bovine faeces?

Vaporous claims are easy, backing them up are not. There should be no problem with scepticism. It'll stand on its merits if it has any.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yes. I know what slavery is, slavery does not only define labour without compensation, it defines dependency too. Besides that, you're a slave to many things, a slave to passions, a slave to food (destroying your health), and a slave to many other things you aren't remotely aware of. You say scientists question everything, I agree with you, and they question such things on their death beds, without the slightest knowledge of where they are going after death. I think it's pointless questioning things and dying without the answers, there are much more important things one needs to bring into question. If the modern education system has failed me, I am glad, I strive for omniscience, I believe such to be my birth right. I don't want to die ignorant, if you wish to immerse yourself in scientifical methods which for the past thousand years has kept people intellectually limited and stunted, you do so.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
False science is the science that doesn't give us direct facts, true science is the science that allows us to perceive phenomena as it really is.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Children should be given free initiative, they should be taught the science of the Being, the science of knowing themselves in the most complete sense of the word, children only grow up knowing what they were taught without having any firm hold on intuition.
edit on 4-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Children should be taught...
Children must be taught how to think for themselves.
Children must be taught to respect but not believe the beliefs of others.
Children must be taught to beware of liars.

Do you have children?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Like I said, religion means unity with the divine, if you really knew and understood the proper science, nobody would have to teach you. Obviously, there is a psychological space where all thoughts are found. Where do thoughts come from? Reflect on that.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think you need to understand what religion is. Obviously "religion" is being used in an evil manner. What's important is for people to understand what religion is, there are individuals who don't follow "religious cults" and yet are profoundly religious. Scientists don't believe what they don't see, right? That's what they affirm, and yet they believe that through evolution, we descended from common ancestors, have they ever seen one a species change from one to another? Never, and yet they indirectly state that they only believe and work with evidence up for analysis. We can postulate that humans came from other species based on a study on genes, but have we seen it? Never.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Scientists don't believe what they don't see, right?

Wrong. Now what?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
How can a child be taught to beware of liars when the very people teaching the child such things have believed the lie?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

First rule: By teaching them to think for themselves.

Do you have children?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Scientists only believe what they see, right? If they haven't seen a species change from one to another, doesn't that completely discredit the theory of evolution?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Scientists only believe what they see, right?

Wrong. Now what?

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join