It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Actually it takes less than a month for them to devolve grow hair and tusks to start coming back. Wild boars even escaped pigs that devolve back to being boars have a limited lifespan because the tusks keep growing until it kills them.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The desire to prove their theory of evolution leads "scientists" to believe any old bone is part of the hominid species:

"The problem with a lot of anthropologists is that they want so much to find a hominid that any scrap of bone becomes a hominid bone.'" Dr. Tim White (anthropologist, University of California, Berkeley). As quoted by Ian Anderson "Hominoid collarbone exposed as dolphin's rib", in New Scientist, 28 April 1983, p. 199

"We add that it would be all too easy to object that mutations have no evolutionary effect because they are eliminated by natural selection. Lethal mutations (the worst kind) are effectively eliminated, but others persist as alleles. ...Mutants are present within every population, from bacteria to man. There can be no doubt about it. But for the evolutionist, the essential lies elsewhere: in the fact that mutations do not coincide with evolution." Pierre-Paul Grassé (University of Paris and past-President, French Academie des Sciences) in Evolution of Living Organisms, Academic Press, New York, 1977, p. 88

"Contrary to what most scientists write, the fossil record does not support the Darwinian theory of evolution because it is this theory (there are several) which we use to interpret the fossil record. By doing so we are guilty of circular reasoning if we then say the fossil record supports this theory." Ronald R. West, PhD (paleoecology and geology) (Assistant Professor of Paleobiology at Kansas State University), "Paleoecology and uniformitarianism". Compass, vol. 45, May 1968, p. 216

Here is a LAW of Science that evolution breaks:

“Evolution Violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics”

Isaak’s definition of the second law of thermodynamics begins with: “No process is possible in which the sole result is the transfer of energy from a cooler to a hotter body.” He then tells us that “confusion arises” when the 2nd law is phrased as: “The entropy of a closed system cannot decrease.” Anyone familiar with the 2nd law will recognize that both statements are true, and that the second statement is commonly used of the two axioms in defining the 2nd law as it pertains to Classical Thermodynamics—yet for Isaak, it seems to cause some “confusion.”

Similarly, the “generalized 2nd law” applies the same entropy principle to information systems in such a way that, left to itself over time, the information conveyed by an information-communicating system will end more distorted and less complete than when it began (again, a higher measure of, or increase in, entropy—in this case informational entropy), and likewise, applied to Statistics, left to itself over time, the order or regularity of a system will be less than when it began (and again, a higher measure of, or increase in, entropy—in this case statistical entropy).

The vital point to be grasped here is that the presence of a system (whether organizational or mechanical) hardly guarantees continuous enhancement, but more realistically is subject to continual degradation, if it is not kept to the pre-determined standard defined in its original design. Evolutionistic thinking often ignores this principle, despite the fact that it is a profoundly and empirically established scientific fact.
SOURCE

Consider what Isaac Asimov (a highly respected evolutionist, and ardent anti-creationist) has to say: “Another way of stating the second law then is: ‘The universe is constantly getting more disorderly!’ Viewed that way, we can see the second law all about us. We have to work hard to straighten a room, but left to itself it becomes a mess again very quickly and very easily. Even if we never enter it, it becomes dusty and musty. How difficult to maintain houses, and machinery, and our bodies in perfect working order: how easy to let them deteriorate. In fact, all we have to do is nothing, and everything deteriorates, collapses, breaks down, wears out, all by itself—and that is what the second law is all about.” [Isaac Asimov, Smithsonian Institute Journal, June 1970, p. 6]

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Do you know that if you put white people indoors for long periods of time they loose their tan?

I can vouche for that !

link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Science and education are nothing but MASSIVE forms of mind control...

There is no more massive form of mind control than religion. Religion has no basis in logic. Which is more likely to happen man evolving or some magical person snaps their fingers and creating everything?

link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Originally posted by ripcontrol
Just so I understand correctly

As my self a Pagan

Your saying point blank

Evolution is a fraud

And when asked your response was 'they' used him as a source

So besides who are they

my other questions is do you support
Natural Selection

Nothing else you said deals with my post. Changes in doctrine have nothing to do with scientific biological evolution theory. The "They" is all major science publications use Darwin as their background in educating children and young adults about how life came from a common ancestor. Denying that Darwin is their "saint" is silly.

No one said anything about natural selection and that animals can adapt. Adaptation is just that, it is not species change. There are zero missing links proven. The ones they have given are all frauds and hoaxes. It's too bad you are so focused on disagreeing with Christianity that you can't actually deal with the OP.

LOL

you get I dodged the statement award for cherry picking your responses.. I do not have an issue with Christianity, just some of the followers

It is all dealing with your post

Now you did in fairness you did not match with me, answer who they was
partially
which publications you still speak in general details..

I will break it down simpler for you

the changes in doctrine

So the system changes
into something new from the original

after all your faith states the father son and holy ghost
at least those with the Nicene view

However there was an earlier competing view that the son was SEPARATE .. not trinity
so a system of belief evolved through natural selection

note key words evolved and natural selection

the two Christianities are separate and the belief is completely different
Um. yes they do.. Biological systems can be mathematically copied then
TESTED

The idea I was trying to get to you was this

Have you ever worked for a living?

Concept management

Now with this in mind, what would be the most efficient way to manage all of creation
Micro-managing everything

or creating a system to manage itself

The last part was simple
Lets create a test of evolution

It is why I asked for the best definition you could give so a test could be designed

If evolution was wrong then we should be able to establish a method to test it and prove it was wrong

As for you adding parts to the conversation

A common ancestor I do not believe will be found.. I can see how you can evolve the traits you want in a singular organism..

And remember

Jesus wept

for a reason

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

An excellent movie? You mean this one?

"Expelled, The Terrible Documentary".

It received an 8% meta-score from Rotten Tomatoes (later improved to 9% overall) where the film was summarized thus: "Full of patronizing, poorly structured arguments, Expelled is a cynical political stunt in the guise of a documentary."

This film is cheerfully ignorant, manipulative, slanted, cherry-picks quotations, draws unwarranted conclusions, makes outrageous juxtapositions (Soviet marching troops representing opponents of ID), pussy-foots around religion (not a single identified believer among the ID people), segues between quotes that are not about the same thing, tells bald-faced lies, and makes a completely baseless association between freedom of speech and freedom to teach religion in a university class that is not about religion.

The general media response to the film has been largely unfavorable. Multiple reviews, including those of USA Today and Scientific American, have described the film as propaganda.

The funniest part about this "documentary" is the fact that Ben Stein asks questions in the same manner a seven-year-old kid does when his first question gets answered completely. Then his second question. Then his third. The way this is edited and the way people are cut off just interests me. Propaganda at its finest.

BEN STEIN: What do you think is the possibility that Intelligent Design might turn out to be the answer to some issues in genetics or in evolution?

DAWKINS: Well, it could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the universe, a civilization evolved, probably by some kind of Darwinian means, probably to a very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now, um, now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer.

Excellent, although you missed out on the part when he said aliens seeded planet earth. Also, in case you didn't read the question he was asked, it was a hypothetical statement.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

This is nothing but Points Refuted A Thousand Times..i.e. PRATT... Science has already shown these things in the O.P. to be wrong and admitted mistake...A LONG time ago, while you and other Creo's hold onto the same story as if science still believes it to be a backbone of Evolution...Is a blatant absurdity and a baldfaced lie.

As a result You've pigeonholed yourself into a corner where you have to prove a vast global conspiracy and all you have to back it up is incorrect assertions about the nature of science and the current state of knowledge of all manner of related fields of study. You simply cannot live up to the standard of proof that you are demanding of others.
All you have done is proposed a thread based on purported frauds committed by science to further public awareness of evolution, and what you've end up with instead is an example of a creationist website that lies about evolution. This is a shame and a step down for ATS's credability.

If your position is really based on truth then why do you need to use falsehoods to support it?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

How cute. I almost expected this classic creationist "argument" to come up sooner. Do you know what the Laws of Thermodynamics define? Thermodynamics. They don't apply to evolution. Regardless though, there is one key phrase creationists miss when they attempt to make this argument. The laws of thermodynamics only apply to a closed system. The Earth is not a closed system. We are constantly having new energy introduced from the Sun and elsewhere in the universe. If current hypotheses regarding multiple and parallel universes turns out to be correct one can't even argue that the universe is a closed system.
edit on 8/12/2013 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Schools teaching evolution is no different than churches teaching creationism.

Christian children do not have any more choice in going to church than they do going to school, and I'm sure a Christian child's fear of hell will override any logical argument for evolution that is taught in school.

The difference between creationism and evolution is that evolution doesn't use threats in order to force people into believing it. Which one is indoctrination again?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Science and education are nothing but MASSIVE forms of mind control

So, the true motive comes out. As usual, religious people are calling science and education mind control because they undermine their ability to scam people with the true mind control- religion.

If there's no evolution, then why does the flu virus evolve every year?? Answer that question.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Grimpachi

The advent of the steam engine started a revolution in thought for the world and I believe we are on the precipice of another.

Oh yes, I'm sure the generations in front of us will thank us eternally for a radioactive pacific.
Cancer causing genetically modified foods and the extinction of the honey bee. At least those that survive
the nuclear winter. Thanks science, for all the crap we're not mature enough to use properly
and with out full knowledge of consequence. That we managed to survive without either way
for thousands of years

THANKS

You're dreaming to replace realities absolute nightmare and I don't blame you for that really.
I don't have that advantage as a believer in Christ. I have to stay focused on the truth.
And the truth is ,,, there's something terribly wrong with mankind. And the universe tells me
there is someone far greater. And it's as simple as that.

I will ignore your obvious jab.

Ignore it if you like but it wasn't a jab Grim.
edit on 12-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Right!!! People were so much better off with plagues, crusades, inquisitions, famine, and being stoned to death for questioning mythological gods. Are there really people who long for the days when polio was considered gods wrath or time when first born sons were taken or happy days of witch burnings.

So are you saying as a believer in Christ you are waiting, hoping for judgment day when most of mankind is wiped out except for those select few?

cheers that is so much better. That line of thinking is why so many in power don’t give a damn about the world. Faith instead of personal responsibility or a sense of responsibility to the future of mankind.

Good news is religion is dying out so there is hope for mankind. I have hope for mankind if that happens but as long as we have congressmen who will not even look at the issue of global warming because god said after the flood Yada yada...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

How cute. I almost expected this classic creationist "argument" to come up sooner. Do you know what the Laws of Thermodynamics define? Thermodynamics. They don't apply to evolution. Regardless though, there is one key phrase creationists miss when they attempt to make this argument. The laws of thermodynamics only apply to a closed system. The Earth is not a closed system. We are constantly having new energy introduced from the Sun and elsewhere in the universe. If current hypotheses regarding multiple and parallel universes turns out to be correct one can't even argue that the universe is a closed system.
edit on 8/12/2013 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

You do raise an obvious issue in applying that Law. I think the idea of things going more to chaos than order is well place though. Maybe using that as the example was not a good choice. If you take the idea that mutations make for evolutionary change then one would think those are good, but rarely is a mutation to the organisms benefit.

While mutations may be interesting, we have yet to watch something evolve from them. I guarantee you that finding a mutation in your genes is not something you would welcome should a doctor bring it to your attention.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

So, the true motive comes out. As usual, religious people are calling science and education mind control because they undermine their ability to scam people with the true mind control- religion.

If there's no evolution, then why does the flu virus evolve every year?? Answer that question.

You really want to use that as your proof? Flu viruses adapt. I have yet to meet anyone who says things don't adapt. Adaptation does not prove common ancestry. That is the Achilles heel of the THEORY of evolution.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

FYI, I despise any and all religion INCLUDING evolutionism.

BTW, if you scroll back a few, you'll notice I just posted this:

"Religion AND Science are both all about HIDING the truth."

It takes far MORE faith to believe in the absurdities of evolution than it does to believe in creation and intelligent design.

Evolution IS in fact an organized religion regardless of what anyone wants to call it.

With respect to its great contributions to society, I think it is important to make a case that science is really affecting society more like a religion now than a field of study or a resource base of useful information. Many everyday people do not understand it at all and accept ALL its teachings on faith.

Unfortunately some scientists and academic professionals are not so noble and have perpetrated deliberate frauds and cover-ups of important discoveries.

Modern Scientific beliefs are based upon a leap of faith in the big bang theory. It has become a belief system based on faith and therefore another form of religion. Scientists, like priests can explain their beliefs but the everyday people accept it all on faith. Scientists and doctors are the priests of this new religion, getting angry and crying "heresy" when anyone respectfully disagrees with them.

Has Science become a Religion

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What do you think evolution is? It's the adaptation of species to the changing environment around them. Adaptation over a long period of time is called evolution.

The Earth is also older than 6,000 years, it's billions of years old, leaving plenty of room for evolution.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Its in correlation to a closed versus open system which that paper tries to argue the earth is a closed system and fails to do so. Reading junk science like that will screw you up as we all can see. Try finding something peer reviewed.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Bassago

I don't think you know what to believe.
edit on 12-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I was quite clear, evolution is a theory, religion is a delusion of no proof. I made no mention of aliens. And don't be so condescending, it's unbecoming of civilized discussion.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Except Christianity right? Why not just say that you despise "most" religions, because "all" isn't accurate since you believe everything Christianity teaches.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Im a Christian, I believe in cross mutation, but not evolution. We arent evolving into a stronger species, we have degenerated consistantly since the fall of man. Expulsion from the Garden of Eden is a common story in many ancient civilizations. Why are we to assume that they were all lying? I have a few questions for you evolutionists and atheists.

1. How do you explain the fact that all primates except for 7% of humans are Rh positive? An Rh negative mother's body will kill an Rh positive fetus, but NOT vise versa. Only modern medicine allows an Rh negative mother to produce and Rh positive child. So if we came from apes, how did it happen without running into the compatability barriers? This type of fetal rejection only happens in the animal kingdom when horses and donkeys produce mules. Nature naturally aborts cross species hybridization. Genesis 6 talks about human genetics being tampered with. Maybe not all of us are 100% human. Doesnt look like an evolutionary mutation to me. More like a natural barrier between similar yet foreign species.

2. Even if evolution and natural selection was ever true, how does that negate God? What created the "Big Bang" that created the materials needed for simple and complex life and ecosystems?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

You really want to use that as your proof? Flu viruses adapt. I have yet to meet anyone who says things don't adapt. Adaptation does not prove common ancestry. That is the Achilles heel of the THEORY of evolution.

Do you know what adapt means? You keep saying things "adapt" & not evolve. Adaption has a lot to do with evolution, seeing as how its not possible without it. Adaptions are produce by natural selection.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join