It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well it has been a long time since I was in school so I can’t say that's true only that when I was in school we were taught the difference back then it was all pretty boring to me but I remember having to know the definitions.

I do not know why text books would have changed. Do you?

.......just checked

In fact I am pretty sure it is still taught because if you do a search with the words ”abiogenesis and high school” you will find plenty of complaints from groups about it being taught in high school still. Please correct me if that isn’t the case.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Science has JUST as much credibility as what you see in Religion.

They are BOTH being used as mind control tools.

Doubt it. Science needs proof & evidence. There hasn't been a single instance in recorded history
that even remotely proves the existence of a god.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

That's what they want you to think. Didn't you know that every scientist, grad student, research assistant, and in fact many undergrads working on a BS are part of grand conspiracy? I know when I get a paper published I spend months doing background research and running participants only to throw out all my data and fabricate everything since we're not allowed to actually publish the truth.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Vandettas

That's what they want you to think.

Who?

I can't tell if your being sarcastic.
I hope you are.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
That's the great thing about science, it is true no matter if you believe in it or not.

Science is NOT a "Science"...

It has become a Religion.

The fact that you actually BELIEVE it, exposes a massive credibility issue here.

Science and education are nothing but MASSIVE forms of mind control...

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe. They accomplished this by adopting new rules in regards to scientific research.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

In fact I am pretty sure it is still taught because if you do a search with the words ”abiogenesis and high school” you will find plenty of complaints from groups about it being taught in high school still. Please correct me if that isn’t the case.

Why correct what I know to be right. I'm speaking of the younger more impressionables. Of course
by the time their high school they can understand that difference. After they've been turned from creation
at a younger age and the deception is engrained. And humanity continues to suffer under the inadequacies of mans own choosing to do things his way. I think we Mecca mess of the whole damn planet before we're finished.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Bassago

After taking a tour through the Tower of London I was amazed at how short ALL of the armored suits were. A little over 5 feet tall. Not some of them, all of them. Never saw a tall suit. Many we're hugely wide in breadth. Evolution is a theory but humans were not always 6 feet tall.

I wonder why the suits didn't tell you what the size of the first evolved human being actually was ?

Let's say five hundred years ago we were all five footers. Now keep going backwards.

edit on 12-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Well from what I understand the average height was heavily influenced on the fact that people did not have proper diets back then.

However the average height has increased through natural selection to some degree.

I have also read that there is a significant difference between the amount of Neanderthal DNA in Europeans and Asians.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I try, God/Wind/Gold bullion or Einstein I really try to get the whole creationist idea. The vehemence of their argument suggests a belief that I don't possess in anything except for the love I feel for my family, and therein lies the rub, for God is love right? However, as long as this christian ideology disputes so angrily the existence of a difference of opinion to that which they themselves profess, I perceive a lack of faith in their own beliefs; after all, IF God is God, all knowing, all seeing, pure LOVE, this discussion would be rather redundant would it not? I realise that there exist ideas about free will and non-interference etc. This seems not to tally with the "vengeful" god that is sometimes brought to the front, sometimes hidden from view, according to the motive at the time.. I see a tremendous dichotomy here. Black or white? Shades of grey? Does god love us all? Or does he/she only love those who believe? Will I be eternally damned for questioning/wondering about him/her? Or will I be "forgiven" for all my sins. I suppose that physics/science is considered an easy way out, for it never requires my blind belief, but rather states its position, and I accept it or not, no demands there. Love then, I blindly love my family, they are part of me, as I am of them. And neither physics nor "god" can concretely demonstrate why that is. So I will continue on my particular path.If I ever get the answers to those questions we are all asking, trust me, I will gladly share them
Be well.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Bassago

I wonder why the suits didn't tell you what the size of the first evolved human being actually was ?

Let's say five hundred years ago we were all five footers. Now keep going backwards.

By golly you're right. This is proof that we must have started from leprechauns and they came from Briton as well. Personally I have a little faith in the overall reliability of evolution but none in imaginary omnipotent sky beings watching over us.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

When you can prove that the illuminati still exist and name names then I will have a reason to take you serious but until then yours is its own religion.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I have also read that there is a significant difference between the amount of Neanderthal DNA in Europeans and Asians.

Where did they get the Neanderthal DNA ? And one could say selective reading is believing for you.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

With all due respect religion had thousands of years to get it right instead they screwed the pooch.

Science has done more for humanity in such a short time than religion has done in 6,000 years.

The advent of the steam engine started a revolution in thought for the world and I believe we are on the precipice of another.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When our ancestors migrated out of Africa. discovermagazine.com...

I will ignore your obvious jab.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

but none in imaginary omnipotent sky beings watching over us.

Yeah, I don't believe in aliens either.

I don't think you know what to believe.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Sorry to butt in here. But all you did was look for flaws in evolution and found them.
If you included all the flaws in religion too, you might get different responses from people.

If you want to take up that on your OP you go right ahead. This OP can stand on it's own without muddying the waters with religion. In fact, it is quite obvious those who love evolution despite the proven hoaxes and facts in intelligent design, they try to turn it into a thread to discuss their issues with Christianity and religion in general. So, if they can't deal with facts presented I would appreciate not throwing out arguments about a completely different subject. Had my OP been about slight of hand and fudgy economics would you not think it odd to bring up an argument against Christianity? Try to do that in any normal discussion say in a college setting and the Professor will simply say, "What does this have to do with today's topic?" and kindly ask you to stop or leave for disrupting (derailing) the discussion.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Amazingly, one of the chief proponents of evolution, Dawkins author of “God Delusion”, actually gives credence to aliens seeding life on earth!

Really? Can I get the source of this information? A transcript maybe?

An excellent movie called, "Expelled" has him saying this on tape. Here is the transcript:

BEN STEIN: What do you think is the possibility that Intelligent Design might turn out to be the answer to some issues in genetics or in evolution?

DAWKINS: Well, it could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the universe, a civilization evolved, probably by some kind of Darwinian means, probably to a very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now, um, now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

did you know that if you take a bunch of domesticated pigs into the wild and come back after about 30 years, you will find their tusks grown back like wild pigs?

That's evolution!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Science has JUST as much credibility as what you see in Religion.

They are BOTH being used as mind control tools.

Doubt it. Science needs proof & evidence. There hasn't been a single instance in recorded history
that even remotely proves the existence of a god.

Nor the existence of missing links. Darwin was sure in the future the fossil record would find them, but they haven't and thus the forgeries! Darwin had a good idea about adaptation, but his theory of common ancestry just does not play out in the historical record.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The advent of the steam engine started a revolution in thought for the world and I believe we are on the precipice of another.

Oh yes, I'm sure the generations in front of us will thank us eternally for a radioactive pacific.
Cancer causing genetically modified foods and the extinction of the honey bee. At least those that survive
the nuclear winter. Thanks science, for all the crap we're not mature enough to use properly
and with out full knowledge of consequence. That we managed to survive without either way
for thousands of years

THANKS

You're dreaming to replace realities absolute nightmare and I don't blame you for that really.
I don't have that advantage as a believer in Christ. I have to stay focused on the truth.
And the truth is ,,, there's something terribly wrong with mankind. And the universe tells me
there is someone far greater. And it's as simple as that.

I will ignore your obvious jab.

Ignore it if you like but it wasn't a jab Grim.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

did you know that if you take a bunch of domesticated pigs into the wild and come back after about 30 years, you will find their tusks grown back like wild pigs?

That's evolution!

no it isn't.. It's adaptation. Domestic pigs have their tusks removed:

Trim Boar Tusks With Care

Boars continually grow tusks that pose a safety hazard to human handlers and other pigs.

To remove the danger, tusks are sometimes trimmed once or twice a year.

Tusks can be removed using hoof nippers or bolt cutters. Less frequently used – but the recommended method – is orthopedic wire is used as a “saw” to cut off tusks.

Tusks are generally trimmed very close to the gum line without the use of painkillers or sedation.

SOURCE

Do you know that if you put white people indoors for long periods of time they loose their tan? But if you let them out in the sun, their skin changes to a darker color? EVOLUTION!!!! sure

edit on 12-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join