It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metro Bus Driver Shot Downtown Seattle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I just got home from meeting up with a friend to do some errands; and a neighbor of mine said: "Did you hear a Metro bus driver was shot this morning." I hadn't heard...I live downtown in Seattle and so of course I am very concerned.

It is upsetting and my heart and prayers go out to the Metro driver and his friends and family.

I am not a car owner and I rely on Metro for transportation; at the moment I am feeling a bit paranoid.

Here is the story: blogs.seattletimes.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
At times like this i wouldn't worry as there will probably be a cop on the bus in uniform for the next week or two which is plenty of time to sort out either some firearm protection or get a car/motorbike etc, but i'd imagine he's some guy trying to score the fares from the driver for a hit of something

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
At times like this i wouldn't worry as there will probably be a cop on the bus in uniform for the next week or two which is plenty of time to sort out either some firearm protection or get a car/motorbike etc, but i'd imagine he's some guy trying to score the fares from the driver for a hit of something

I have been thinking the same thing...someone who is strung out...trying to gather cash. I know life goes on; for me it is time to be ...just a bit more cautious.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dang that's a lot of bullet holes.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
wow is that what you do over there when the bus is 20 minutes late .

must show this to my local drivers when the bother to turn up

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
Dang that's a lot of bullet holes.

Thank you for uploading the picture.

I was going to go on an errand in the area where the shooting occurred and I decided not to go Later on I did go out but I was really close to home; and not uptown where the shooting happened.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro

I read in another article about this...that the shooter was arguing with the bus driver about the price of the bus fare.

I am thinking (someday) their may be detectors installed on all public transportation.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by geobro

I read in another article about this...that the shooter was arguing with the bus driver about the price of the bus fare.

I am thinking (someday) their may be detectors installed on all public transportation.
that day will be soon as for the last couple of years they have been talking about scanners at edinburgh train station and will go through with it .

we are the first to get new tech tried on us years ahead of the rest of the population i have seen iris recognition 97 dna swabs 98 rfid monitoring on oil rigs 92 cctv full area 2000 and watch as the rest of the country is a few years behind lucky the shooter did not live in scotland as he would have used a rocket propelled granade with the fares here

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Apparently this guy has a long violent history of drug crimes.

Duckworth, 31, was sentenced in October 2011 for a King County conviction for a drug charge. He was not sent to prison, but given a year of supervision with the Department of Corrections, agency spokesman Chad Lewis said.

Duckworth was re-arrested Nov. 29, for a drug investigation and remained in King County Jail until Dec. 2. He was back there for another drug case March 21 and last released April 15.

He was booked in March after being shot in the face near the Union Gospel Mission in Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood. Eyewitnesses at the time told KIRO 7 Duckworth fled shirtless and bloody and tried to get onto a Metro bus.

www.kirotv.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I guess they shouldn't have ended the "free ride zone" in Down Town.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

i have friends in seattle and family in washington. stay alert, stay alive.

top topics

join