It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is Deja Vu?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Ive had experiences of Deja Vu like many people but mine differ in another way.

When I get the feeling I *know* what people are going to say/do. I even mentally talk the sentence in my head or write it down before hand to make sure Im going to be correct and I am.

Its very strange and I dont know why I can do this.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kings Knight mare
Whats the scientific explination for it? and how does it relate to pyschic ability?

Hi Kings Knight mare

This is our understanding of Deja Vue.

The past, present and future, are all happening at the same time.
We, as human beings exist in all these at the same time.
Deja Vue, is simply a "future" memory, that at times we all are priviledged to experience. The event, or situation is familiar, because you have already experienced it, or been there.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have daja vu all the time

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My deja vu experiences have mostly occured around boring, pointless incidences...for instance... As I sat at the kitchen table reading, my father came home from work early. When I heard the car pull into the drive, I stood up to look out the window and then heard him speak to our neighbor.....At that point, I realized these events had occured before, exactly as they were again. I asked myself, "what is going to happen next?" I knew that as he came in, letting the the screen door slam behind him, something would fall......and it did. Not much of an important event, no stress...just dull as dirt.

Except for one strange event that has puzzled me as to whether it was actually deja vu or not. My husband and I were in the yard behind our house doing some yard work when we hear screeching tires and a hideous crash--we dropped everything and ran around to the front, knowing we were going to find a terrible auto accident. .....Nothing...no cars, no junk that might have fallen from a passing truck, nothing.

My husband even walked up the road to look around the curve, still nothing. He decided to drive around the block to check, so sure that something had happened nearby.

He had been gone just a few minutes, and I had returned to the back yard and my work. Suddenly, the almost same exact sound of screeching tires and crashing metal occured.....again I bolted for the front yard.....this time there was a very real accident, involving 2 cars and a large feed truck. My husband pulled in the yard as I was calling 911. He had seen nothing to account for the sound we had both heard just minutes before. We have often wondered how we both could have 'heard' that accident a good 15 minutes before it actually occured.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Has anybody evr had a dream or nightmare come true?
Maybe a new thread if so please post would be very interested.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I know an old theory of Deja Vu was that the information from, say, your right eye was processed faster than your left eye. So when your left eye's information finishes processing, you already have a 'memory' of the event from your right eye. Hence, you feel like you've seen it before.

No idea if this is still a valdi theory or not, I heard it several years ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I used to think that Deja Vu was a cool and mystical thing. Then, at 32 I developed Adult Onset Epilepsy(Temporal). I did not have grand mal/falling down seizures. My seizures are Complex Partial. One of the classic signals of this type of seizure is a knock you for a loop feeling of Deja Vu. After having 10-20 of these types of seizures a day while being misdiagnosed for the first six months, Deja Vu lost of all its appeal for me.

I no longer look at Deja Vu as being anything more than an electrical brain storm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join