It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is Deja Vu?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Whats the scientific explination for it? and how does it relate to pyschic ability?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kings Knight mare
Whats the scientific explination for it? and how does it relate to pyschic ability?

Official definition of DEJA VU: That eeerie sense htat I've experienced this before. Cues from the current situation may subconsciosly trigger retrieval of an earlier experience.

According to my psych book, it dismisses it (obviously), as being the association, happens subconsicously, of the new experience with our old ones, which we don't clearly remember.

I don't know about the second question. I am someone who is somewhat on the objective science side and not really into paranormal, so I don't believe in pyschics.

Actually it may be possible with light speed, but I don't know about the rest.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Some people think it's a chemical reaction triggered by the memories of a past similar event..same thing the previous post said. I have experienced it several times recently, but the feeling always goes away.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"Deja vu" means "already seen" when translated from French to English

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Haven't I seen a thread like this before? I swear I remember one exactly like this.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Whoa I knew you were going to say that!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Whoa I knew you were going to say that!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Narain
Some people think it's a chemical reaction triggered by the memories of a past similar event..same thing the previous post said. I have experienced it several times recently, but the feeling always goes away.

Neuron firings would be the right word here.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I posit that the experience of Deja Vu is the body (and brain)'s natural way of managing emotionally stressful stimuli. Put another way, some get Deja Vu because their unconscious occasionally "turns on" and becomes conscious. Normally the unconscious remains outside of our awareness and manages our moment-to-moment perception of the immediate environment. One healthy way of dealing with this strain on the unconscious is for it to periodically discharge the energy that it is managing. Deja vu is essentially a fantasy-based vehicle that is used to discharge this energy.

That being said, I see Deja Vu as a very positive and healthy experience. I've had Deju Vu as I was driving many times (which is occasionally triggered by the sonic rhythm of the tires hitting the gaps in the pavement- most likely to occur after 3 hours of continous driving). With Deja Vu, your brain is fully in "sync" at this moment. You experience confusion, wonder, fear, and perception at exactly the same time. You experience physical reality as it FEELS.

The cool thing is that Deja Vu is a triggered event. There are common triggers in our collective environment (such as certain technologies, like tires on pavement at a certain decibel and rate). You just have to find out what happened to set off the unconscious response.

Once you determine the trigger for the event, you can repeatedly tap into it and develop it as a form of meta-awareness. This may include "psychic" abilities of the mind, concious control of the body functions, etc.

There are allegedly electromagnetic triggers that exist.

MK

[edit on 11-11-2004 by MKULTRA]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
there are dozens of other deja vu threads around, have a search b4 posting.
ive experienced deja vu heaps of times and it always left me confused and sometimes even disorientated. It feels for some reason like i DREAMED about a particular moment when deja vu 'starts'
btw, aelita, are you satanist? cuz a star turned upside down is the satanists people 'mark'.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It is when something goes wrong in the matrix and the reset button is pushed.
Polar Bear

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It is when something goes wrong in the matrix and the reset button is pushed.

i think you've been watching the matrix movies too much.

JAK

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I am generally not taken to believing in this type of thing, but...

Recently I have been having some pretty bad... no, I have been having nightmares. I have had a feeling of terrible nervousness throughout the day, non stop butterflies in my stomach.

All this has been accompanied by such strong Deja Vu that I have had to get up and do something to stop the chain because although I am unsure as to what will happen next, I get an awful sense of foreboding.

All this at a time when I should be feeling excited, I'm just about to have my motorcycle repaired and get back on the road after my recent attempt at unaided flight!

So fingers crossed that Deja Vu is nothing but an odd trick of the mind.

Jack

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
~~~

Re: MKULTRA (usual. common triggers...)

one lead to follow-up on might be; www.shamanic.net...

there are also these potentialities:
*the Pineal or Hippocampus (in the brain) send out signals or endorphins,
*or as mentioned in the 'reset' or sub-conscious 'on button'
*(the external electromagnetic stimuls) ?parallell universes? God? Gnosis? Universal Consciousness? Bells Theorum? non-locality interface?

+++
welcome to the hive mind quest...the older 'models' of info. continue to evolve....

[edit on 12-11-2004 by St Udio]

[edit on 12-11-2004 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's the original version of "been there, done that".

Respects,

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i went to a lecture at stony brook university a while ago, i forget who gave it, but he explained it. he started by explaining memory. he said, for example, for every angle of someone's face you have a different cell in your brain to recoginze it. then it starts firing once you see that particular angle to let your brain know that it recognizes the image. dejavu would be like a cell firing when it shouldn't thus tricking your brain into thinking it recognizes the situation. all this was just his opinion but it seems like it could work.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
"Deja vu" means "already seen" when translated from French to English

And "Aaargh" means "I am angry".

Regarding the topic of this tread, I�ve had a few different experiences myself. I think there are different kinds of deja vu as well. On one occasion I saw something happen at first ( a situation). And then it happened again 5 minutes later, exactly the same way. It involved a person passing me while I was concentrating with a game of chess. And there was some details I remember of what he did before he passed me (washed his hands). After the second time I had to turn around. I could swear there must be two twin brothers behind me, but there was only one person there. I think I actually got a glimse of the future the first time, kind of by accident. Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i think that deja vu and any paranormal activities are a hoax. they are just retarted mind traps that the government starts to get our attention away from more important things like area 51

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
even though i say that, deja vu is still a cool thing that is awsome because it is like you feel like you have done it before, but you havent

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
in my mind deja vu is a way to interpret the present by refering it to something in the past. there are many events that take place in ones life that trigger the paranormal phenomenon of deja vu. it is a crazy subject that is shrouded in much mystery

top topics

<<   2 >>

join