It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawful interception recovery fee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My cousin shared this pic with me from a cell phone bill. There is a line on there that states "lawful interception recovery fee"
I havent looked at my Tmobile bill, this ones from ATT so I cant confirm if it is true or not but what this sounds like to me is that they are charging us so the NSA can snoop on us

Talking about adding insult to injury... basTARDs

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
snopes

Even the pic is the same.

ETA: Another words not true.
edit on 12-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I saw a copy of a bill posted on Facebook with this surcharge. The person making the post said that they called AT&T and were told that the charge is for 'wiretapping'. That was the term used in the post...'wiretapping'.

So, I don't know what to think of it. If it is true, I am aghast that the telephone carriers would have the balls to charge us for them allowing the US govt to illegally listen in to our communications.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Ahh... yep picture is identical...yall can trash this thread if you like
gj ben

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
basic maths on the numbers don't add up....if you're gonna fake it make sure it don't fail maths 101

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by benrl

Ahh... yep picture is identical...yall can trash this thread if you like
gj ben

Worked in telecom, believe me there are plenty of unjustified fees, this just isn't one of them.

You pay for the war of 1812 on a cell phone bill, due to a tax on telegraphs.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
basic maths on the numbers don't add up....if you're gonna fake it make sure it don't fail maths 101

Nice spotting!
When I checked, there are 5 items in the left hand column describing the charges, while there are 6 amounts listed in the right hand column of charges. Something is missing.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wow oh wow...
edit on 12-8-2013 by sylent6 because: not worth the explanation

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
While my phone activity is likely still monitored, I've learned that a good pre-paid plan lets you avoid those hidden fees. It amazes me that AT&T can still have customers with all the hidden fees the charge their customers. Most just blindly pay up....

My aunt used to work for AT&T and absolutely despises the company. They are one of those companies who are known to nickel and dime their customers to death.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm going to check my T-Mobile bill to see if this comes up..

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
While my phone activity is likely still monitored, I've learned that a good pre-paid plan lets you avoid those hidden fees. It amazes me that AT&T can still have customers with all the hidden fees the charge their customers. Most just blindly pay up....

My aunt used to work for AT&T and absolutely despises the company. They are one of those companies who are known to nickel and dime their customers to death.

Oh please so is every other telecom out there.

Worked for AT&T for 5 years, my wife still does. All big business is scum, no matter the company, ATT is no Worse than Verizon.

Pretty much all the telecoms are the same and that stems from Ma bell and all the baby bells merging back into Ma and Pa bell in the form of Verizon and ATT.

But that'd all go down to deregulation and lobbying allowed it to happen, and again consumer gets screwed by our Representatives in DC once again.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
I'm going to check my T-Mobile bill to see if this comes up..

It won't because its fake, as one poster said the math doesn't add up on the image it self.

Also snopes disproved it.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It must be a Left Wing trick.

Now that it is proven fake, nobody will believe the wiretapping is real either.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

At&t is about the worst of the worst. I hated their policies in the 90's, I hate them now. They don't care about you or your privacy. Its all big business and lots of money.

They make me sick.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I sent an alert to the mods to either delete or move to the hoax forum.. sorry bout that guys, i was duped lol

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
It must be a Left Wing trick.

Now that it is proven fake, nobody will believe the wiretapping is real either.

The way this country is headed, wait till the day when it becomes real.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
snopes

Even the pic is the same.

ETA: Another words not true.
edit on 12-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Over the years I have been on the web... since 1997, I had come to trust Snopes.

Why? That's a good question and one I never asked before because I always felt comfortable that someone was out there to mow the weeds... so to speak. Of course here and now, trustworthiness has gone out the door.

Our government not only spies on us, but our president doesn't have the stones to admit it even after we all know... so he goes on Leno and lies about it.

At this point, Snopes is no longer beyond question... nothing is. Trust has been raped, honesty has been abducted and all we have left is common sense... which should tell us to, well... trust no one.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

There was a discussion around here some time ago about the validity of snopes and there were a lot of people that claim that snopes has been taken over by the likes of Geroge Soros and is now a cointel operation or something like that.
I thought at the time that it sounded pretty wild but hell, who knows now days.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
from the Snopes story;

To settle the matter, we contacted AT&T to inquire about this issue directly, and a
customer service representative told us that the company does not (and never has)
included any such surcharge in customer bills.

Makes you wonder if they have the 'charges' hidden in some other 'fee'

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by redoubt

There was a discussion around here some time ago about the validity of snopes and there were a lot of people that claim that snopes has been taken over by the likes of Geroge Soros and is now a cointel operation or something like that.
I thought at the time that it sounded pretty wild but hell, who knows now days.

It is, of course, a personal decision. I would never suggest anyone follow my way of approach on this subject.

But, speaking for myself... that's how I look at it... nothing today is so trustworthy as to be beyond that question. Nothing... nada.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join