It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five ceasefire violations by Pakistan in less than 48 hours.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi,

www.ndtv.com...

Pakistan has violated the ceasefire at the Line of Control (LoC) yet again. In what is the fifth ceasefire violation in less than 48 hours, the Pakistani army opened fire at several posts of the Indian Army in the Mendhar sector. Small arms and automatic weapons were used.

Pakistan has violated the ceasefire agreement at the LOC in Kashmir six times in four days, four of those attacks on various Indian Army posts in the last 48 hours, despite Islamabad's call for steps to ensure truce.

India expects incidents of ceasefire violation by Pakistan to increase in the next few months ahead of general elections and to coincide with a change at the top in the Pakistani Army.

Defence Minister AK Antony said today that the Indian armed forces are "free to respond to the developing conditions at the border appropriately."

Okay chances are this won't escalate into a full blown war, in fact I would be extremely surprised.

The reason I posted this is to get the opinion of ATS members who know more about our relations with these two nations. Both are considered allies of the U.S. I think India is probably a closer ally than Pakistan but I'm not positive.

If they do launch an all out war how would the U.S. respond? Would we play a diplomatic role or would we side with one over the other? I know there are many variables but I'm asking to consider this as relations are today.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Nothing major will happen. It will end up in a border skirmish as usual and cool down after few weeks. Both countries lack the funding/logistics to conduct a long war/conflict in the region.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It is extremely unlikely we would ever get involved in that conflict militarily. We and the Europeans, as well as the Russians and Chinese, would likely work together diplomatically to draw the conflict to a close. Both nations are armed with nuclear weapons and a nuclear war between them supports no one's interests. It's sad that it takes a potential nuclear war to bring us together diplomatically. It's even more sad that if the nuclear war did somehow support someone's interests, we wouldn't come together diplomatically. The world is run by sociopaths.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DivisiveConformity

Both possessing nuclear weapons is the main reason I don't think it would escalate to an all out war. It always makes me nervous when they begin these little squabbles.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

These little skirmishes happen all the time all across the world. A lot of them are never even reported, especially not on a major mainstream media-scale. I haven't fully read up on this incident, but India unveiling its new aircraft carrier was probably another motivation on Pakistan's part. It's standard military posturing by both countries. I'm not worried about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Its heating up a bit over here

The Video below gives you a pretty good idea...Video shoes actual gun battle and pakistani posts being destroyed
bitcast-b.bitgravity.com...

This video is clearer
www.ndtv.com...

India seems to have retaliated with small artillery and heavy mortar fire, rockets ..... That very rarely happens here in the LOC...usually its always small arms fire....
edit on 19-8-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

I hope peace prevails , Indo-Pak hate is very very deep...it could change to a nuclear conflict quiet easily... Many are not aware we came close to it in 1999

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Indian Army Pulls in ” Ghatak Commandos ‘ Near LOC

idrw.org...

With free hand given from Army chief and Defence minister , Area commanders around Line of control are putting together Ghatak Commandos (Special forces ) together at various areas to give immediate response to any cross border attacks by Pakistani special forces .

Mix of Pakistani special forces personnel and terrorists brutally killed two soldiers in January, one of whom was beheaded, and again killed five personnel along Line of Control in Poonch sector recently. According to Sources close to idrw.org , Ghatak Commandos are been stationed near LOC and will carry out raids if Pakistani army doesnot back off from its adventurisim .

General Officer Commanding (GOC) 25 Infantry Div, Major General VP Singh told reporters recently : the Army is here to respond to each and every act of Pakistan in whichever way it feels so.he also said that ”It is a military matter – as and when the response is delivered – you will see”, he said, adding “the response would be delivered– we will select our time and place to give a befitting reply to Pakistan with full force,” .

Ghatak Commandos are Special forces of Indian army which are trained in raids on enemy artillery positions, airfields, supply dumps and tactical headquarters. They are also capable of directing artillery and air attacks on targets deep within enemy lines. Ghatak Commandos have in past carried out cross border raids and are right people for the job feels many Defence experts and it is unlikely that Army will let go killing of its soldiers so easily .

Seems like after the Indian Defense minister gave the Army the free hand to do what it wants..its taking some action....
I wish peace comes back into the subcontinent , but things seem to be going downwards really fast...

new topics

top topics

join