It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Shows that scared/scarred you for life

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Was it Close encounters of the 3rd kind???

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Dustytoad

Was it Close encounters of the 3rd kind???

Thank you, but no that's not it.

It was some movie with a woman in a house and her baby was being taken away. Later in the movie she is maybe walking through an alien space craft that is on the ground.. My memory is so fuzzy. The space craft is like tubes that she is walking through.

I am guessing though, because it might not even be a movie about aliens. Due to my own experiences in life I do think I am describing it correctly though.

It was shown on TV in the 90s. Close encounters of the third kind didn't ever scare me. This movie was demonic in my view at the time.

The main thing that freaked me out was that the light had the power (sucking away the baby) and they never showed any aliens running around taking the child.. I don't think..

Again though my memory sucks.. This was maybe 20 years ago.

To this day I can't find the movie...

I love that horse in your avatar, so beautiful.

edit on 8/13/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ha, well at least it was a kids' movie. When I was a kid my parents took us to a double feature at the drive-in movie theater, "Soylent Green" and "Silent Running". Very scary and depressing.

Sal

reply to post by mikegrouchy

They try and sing the kids to sleep?!?
You can see Dick Van Dykes character falter
and loose his authority half way through,
the love interest tries to pick up the tune,
but it's even sadder.

After we got home from the movie,
(my second one in two years, no television)
I fled to my room and huddled in the corner of my bed
wrapped in blanket.

My Mother came in to wish me a good night,
and asked me "What is wrong?"

I said "That movie.
Why did you take me to that movie."

Mom: "What was wrong with the movie"

Being only 9 I didn't know what to say, but words came.

Me: "It was about Peter. It was about death."

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by the sloth
reply to post by Em2013

I don't know what it is about the seventies( I wasn't even born till 1988), the creepiest movies are definitely from that era. I couldn't sleep at all after watching the FIRST planet of the apes. Then I saw the second one with all those FREAKS living underground and I was officially scarred. Don't get me started on West World, Future World, Omega Man, The man with X-ray eyes, and Body Snatchers. If I'm missing any good ones I'm not even sure I want to know. Those movies f**ked me up.

The worst 70's show was the Trilogy of Terror made for TV movie, particularly the one starring Karen Black with the headhunter doll that comes to life. After cutting through her suitcase with a knife and terrorizing her she finally throws it in the oven and you think it's dead. The final scene cuts to her and her face looks just like the doll with pointy teeth and her pounding a knife in the floor. That scared me as a little kid.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Carreau
You kids think you have it bad with Unsolved Mysteries and X-Files, this is what my generation had to mess with our heads when we were kids.

I think Sid and Marty Kroft were Puffin stuff.
That show creeped me out when I was a kid.
Then there was land of the lost.
We knew about reptilians in the 70's but we called em sleestacks.

And who woulda thought being a sleestack would lead to a lucrative career. Former NBA star Bill Lambier of the Detroit Pistons played a sleestack on Land of the Lost.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just thought of another one.

Recorded Live - Flesh Eating Film Reels
This film was frequently on the HBO "Short Takes," which were short films that played in-between the full-length movies in the 70s and 80s on the network. The movie involves a man who attends a job interview in a building, and when he arrives he is attacked by 2 scheming and murderous videotapes. He tries to escape the videotapes, even running down the hall and shutting himself into a room by himself. But they find a way to slither underneath the carpet and continue attacking him. Ultimately, they "eat" the man!

I remember seeing this not to long after my parents got HBO (that was a big deal at the time). I couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 at the time. I just remember this terrifying me. Anyone else remember this short?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Went to the drive in when I was a wee little boy with my brother & his wife. Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the movie. The scene where the killer plumps the girl on the meat hook...that did it for me. Been afraid of meathooks & chainsaws ever since.Killed two possible careers in one crappy movie. Lumberjack & Butcher.
edit on 13-8-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sweet Jesus, I remembered that scene from Close Encounter with the Third kind when they were at the top of the mountain and that music was playing. It haunts me even til today. In fact, when my Atari would freeze and make 2-bit humming noise I'd get really scared like something was going to kill me and even to this day, it scares the crap out of me.

Another show that scared me was my pet monster. I loved to watch that show but whenever that black gate would appear, I'd get scared because as a child, I saw shadow people (even to this day) and that gate always reminded me of them. Do these producers know what they are doing to poor children? *cries* By the way, I mean the cartoon, not the movie. The movie was certainly something frightful as it was quite possibly one of the worst movies of all time. Even the Nostalgia critic reviewed it. *shrugs*

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Alice in Wonderland scared me when I was a wee lad.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Does anyone remember Johnny Quest? There was an episode with the "Invisible Monster" that really spooked me. Something about not being able to see the creature as it wound its way through the jungle...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Does anyone remember Johnny Quest? There was an episode with the "Invisible Monster" that really spooked me. Something about not being able to see the creature as it wound its way through the jungle...

I was a Johnny Quest addict as a kid. I liked it because it was different from all the other cartoon animation. Only the lips moved while the rest of the face remained the same.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

LOL oh my God I haven't even THOUGHT about that show in forever...

I think Tales from the Crypt, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits were the worse of the worse for TV shows... of course never could not, NOT watch them but I ALWAYS regretted it..

I think out of all the TV shows and movies, the one that scared the holy living chit out of me was Event Horizon... I can still remember watching that in the theaters and felt utterly numb nervous and mortified all in one..It took me nearly a week to decide if I even liked it or not
The worst part of it was when my friends roommate at one time asked us what was the scariest movie we had seen we both said the same thing "Event Horizon"... went and rented it.. nothing nadda, must have had to be in the theater to get the effect

Grim
edit on 13/8/2013 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimmley

If you liked that one, try In the Mouth of Madness, also with Sam Neil. Think Stephen King meets H.P. Lovecraft....

edit on 13-8-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Shocking that I forgot them but Sleestaks were nightmarish when I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
reply to post by Octave

Ooohh. Found the full movie.

Oh my gosh, thank you!

I'll have to break out the popcorn and watch this later, it'll be such a blast from the past!

It's probably so lame compared to what we're used to now, I can't wait!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

lol thaaaaanks
each one of those on thier own is bad enough at times at least in books...

Though I must admit now the shows and movies that make me cringe the most are the ones that are plausiable, i.e. outbreak etc etc...

edit on 13/8/2013 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

That 70's ABC movie of the week intro is sooooo Cheesey. It should have a Cheeto's commercial.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm about to date myself as well. I remember running home from school so I could watch the original Dark Shadows soap opera with my Grandmother. At some point they made the movies "House of Dark Shadows" and "Night of Dark Shadows". Neither were anything like the TV show...and both scared the daylights out of me.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
You kids think you have it bad with Unsolved Mysteries and X-Files, this is what my generation had to mess with our heads when we were kids.

Puffnstuff!....cant do a little cos you cant do enough!.......went on a trip.....went bad...puffnstuff mellowed him out....

it's not just me is it?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
This wasn't a show, it was a public information video shown on tv in the 1970's, being only little I found this one paticularly scary lol, pretty tame by today's standards.

yeah...but it did give us....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join