It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Shows that scared/scarred you for life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

chucky would cower at the little feet of Talking Tina.

It's a Good Life was creepy as hell.

As was Masks. Here's the fourth part. The ending is a blast.

If I had the misfortune of being awake at an ungodly hour and I managed to catch this, I was ruined for the night

For reasons unknown, these two scared the snot out of me

Honorable mention goes to
Teletubbies and The Doodlebops

edit on 12-8-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Tales of the unexpected was so scary

Just hearing the theme tune speeds up my heart rate even now.

As for scary kids shows

Any one remember Pipkins hartley hare was terrifying.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Was at a theatre and not TV but when I was 8 we saw Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. The scene where the head and hand get cut off and blood spays her white wedding gown, ruined my life for many years!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

As soon as I saw Courage I paused for a second as the "naughty guy" and the return the slab ghost popped into my head...then I scrolled down...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Scarred by a show, you ask? How about Sopranos?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

When I was a child (like 7 or 8) I watched Twin Peaks with my mom. Leland/Bob has been in my dreams ever since I first watched that show. I still have nightmares, but strangely, I'm always a kid in these dreams (its like I never grow up when having the nightmare)... David Lynch and his weird vision of Twin Peaks will forever be in my thoughts.... and nightmares...

edit on 12-8-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Bob still gives me chills today....
edit on 12-8-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Definitely Unsolved Mysteries when I was a kid. The theme song even creeped me out. But now that I'm all grown up and have a child of my own (She just turned 3) I'd have to say "Yo Gabba Gabba" has left me scratching my head and thinking "WTF!?"

It's not really scary so much as... well...You'd just have to see it. Think Teletubbies on psychadelics.

Edit to Add:

Also, while it's not a TV show, I saw "The Shining" when I was WAY too young to be watching it. That one definitely messed with me. I think I was 7?
edit on 12-8-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For me it was Dr Who and the Cybermen. I used to have to hide when I was a small kid when the Cybermen were on the TV I was that scared. And the movies Event Horizon and The Exorcist of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Im not sure, but I think the title of the movie was "The Thing." I just know my parents never let me watch stuff like that, but my babysitter did one night and all I can remember of it was that creepy hand crawling up the backseat. I couldnt sleep with my hands of feet hanging over the edge of the bed or not under the covers forever! Fun thread

Oh yeah, that Twilight Zone with the doll was creepy for me too!

The name of that movie is "The Beast with Five Fingers" and ya that scared me too as a youngin'.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Definitely! Bob should have stayed in the black lodge.

Grew up with X-Files and Dark Skies. Those greys scared the crap out of me as a kid.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Another good show was "Tales from the Darkside". Not only were the stories scary but the opening credits between the guys voice and the shots of the shadowy trees & countryside would give a chill too.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I grew up mostly in the 1970s and nothing was scarier than the evening news.

As far as entertainment tv, I think "Kolchak: The Night Stalker" seemed very scary. It was the kind of show that made you afraid to go to bed because you knew you would lay awake thinking about it. I remember the episode "Horror in the Heights" as being one of the scariest.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Aaaarrrgh!!

That doll freaked me out! I saw that episode way way back (60s) when I had a doll called Chatty Cathy who was very similar. Except for the murdering part. lol

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The mini-series V from the 1980s messed with me. Once, after seeing it, I saw my mom taking off a beauty mask of some sort. It looked like she was peeling her skin off. Scared the crap out of me lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The ones that scared the hell out of me were The Zone episodes with aliens.
Also The Outer Limits "Zhanti Misfits" and "Architects of Fear"
Laughable by today's standards. The little alien guys with the floppy antenna at 4:30 scared the hell out of me.
I slept with the lights on for a month!

Tales From the Dark Side

This show's intro scared me big-time, but I don't even recall any episodes. They were probably Zone rip-offs.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The old Hammer House of Horror TV series freaked me out as a kid. I kept watching them though

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The movie Pet Sematary, can't remember if it was 1 or 2. There was a point where the dad had kittens he was giving away from his office. I think he was a vet or something. So at one point a mother and her daughter came to see the kittens and when they went into the back to see them, the dog that was resurrected from the dead had killed them and it showed the chewed up carcasses on the screen....hated that.....
edit on 8/12/2013 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Dude, twin peaks for sure. It just got crazier the further into the show you got.

X-files was a big one for me. As well as the twilight zone reruns.

Anyone remember that claymation show Bump in the Night? That one freaked me out when I was young.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
HR PUFFIN STUFF

Witchipoo from HR Puffin Stuff used to scare the bejesus outta me, but Sporky was cool.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

Or am I thinking of The Banana Splits ? ? ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join