It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Shows that scared/scarred you for life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The abominable snowman in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer used to scare the bajeebees out of me. Also the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz made me run out of the room.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This TV movie scarred me for life. Particularly, the chauffeur at about 1:18 in. I recall this was a made for TV movie back in the late 70s. I was probably 6 or 7 at the time.

Well poo. Can't seem to get the vid embedded. It's the trailer for "Burnt Offerings"

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-8-2013 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Sleeping with the chainsaw tonight Gazrock ?

Don't forget to check under the bed

That and the Banana Splits...I mean, what the hell were they thinking? We were only children! Why???

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

There was an episode of 'Star Trek' that included a big baldy guy ( the alter ego of a little alien fella if I remember correctly) I cant remember what the episode was called but that thing led to many a sleepless night when I was a nipper...they also used to stick his big head in the closing credits sometimes, the horrible bald b****rd that he was....In his autobiography, Simon Pegg also said he was terrified of the big fella, so I'm glad it wasn't just me

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What about Salems lot ?

I damn near soiled my armour watching this as a young teenager

Cody

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You brought it up.

Oh and good luck getting that song out of your head for the rest of the day.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Im not sure, but I think the title of the movie was "The Thing." I just know my parents never let me watch stuff like that, but my babysitter did one night and all I can remember of it was that creepy hand crawling up the backseat. I couldnt sleep with my hands of feet hanging over the edge of the bed or not under the covers forever! Fun thread

Oh yeah, that Twilight Zone with the doll was creepy for me too!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
This wasn't a show, it was a public information video shown on tv in the 1970's, being only little I found this one paticularly scary lol, pretty tame by today's standards.

Yeah I remember that

Freaked me out as well

Cody

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Was that hammer house of horror ?

I remember watching that my mum thought it would be fun to cover a pig's trotter in ketchup and rest it on my shoulder

I screamed the house down

That's one pig that really did fly

Thanks mum
for the trauma

Cody

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I introduced my kids to the Banana Splits Show.

They have sang the theme song a lot since then.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Oh my word, Cody - I had been going to post Salems Lot and that VERY scene scared the you-know-what out of me! I only ever saw it when I was younger when I sneaked out of bed and saw my parents watching TV and that was the only bit I saw and have never forgotten it! Totally freaked me out!
Lol, just watched your clip which is only second time I saw it and it's still just as creepy! WHY the hell did he open the door?!!?

Thanks for posting it! Now off to shut the curtains and hide under the duvet!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovely1973

I'm already there,
teddy bear is suffocating and Mrs C is checking the window every few minutes for me

If she turns around and makes a joke of it she's on the sofa tonight ................... with me sleeping on the floor at her feet

Cody

edit on 12/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The Night Stalker with Darren McGavin in the late '60s - early 70's.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Unsolved Mysteries. I used to love this show, but growing up in the 80s, I have to admit there were a couple of ghost episodes that scared the $#!t out of me.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Great thread! S&F. I agree with almost anything that was on Unsolved Mysteries and Sightings. I remember as a kid hearing the Unsolved Mysteries intro music and getting scared. One tv show that stuck with me the most and was responsible for my interest in the paranormal, was the Toys 'R' Us ghost from That's Incredible. That photo really freaked me out. I had to sleep with the lights on for a long time after that.

Honorable mention goes to Stephen Kings "It" miniseries with that @$#&*! clown.

Also some scary movies that stuck with me:
Jaws
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Robocop (the scene where they kill officer Murphy was brutal)
The Shining
Poltergeist
People Under The Stairs
Jacob's Ladder

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azarien
For me I think it would be "The Tomorrow People" thinking of that show still gives me the willies.

That was the most awesome show I remember watching back in the 1970's. The invasion of the killer puffa jackets that came from outer space (made of synthetic living plastic that did bad things to their victims).

www.tv-ark.org.uk...

The shows that really scared was the opening titles of Tales of the Unexpected - all those skulls. Just about as as scary as the end titles of Live and Let Die.

www.youtube.com...

Not forgetting the story about the B&B landlady who likes to taxidermy her favourite guests using the service trolley equipped with a full set of operating theater instruments. Could never sleep in a hotel room ever again.

Dr Who and the Seeds of Doom, where humans turn into giant walking trees.

The final episode of Blakes Seven, where the flight deck disintegrates.
That movie where the Russian royal family are shot at midday.

edit on 12-8-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Stephen King's "It" was horrifying to me - and I wasn't a kid.
I HATE that clown/spider thing. Not fond of clowns in general.

A couple X-File episodes were disturbing...

Courage was a freaky cartoon...the stuff they came up with was twisted.

I freaked at the flying monkeys when I saw Wizard of Oz on TV the first time.

The Abominable snowman creature from Rudolph also scared me as a kid.

Not a TV show, but I saw that creepy child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and wanted to hide forever in the house.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Get outta my head! That damn scene made me chop down a bush by my window...couldn't take the scratching sound when the wind blew anymore..... Or when that blue baldy popped right up in the middle of a family meal? Holy crap man!

I remember V scared the crap out of me...(old version). Mostly because it just seemed like such a REAL possibility to a kid in the 80's... When he was on the ship and saw the "food" storage...yikes! Though oddly, I was all about Diana....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by onehuman

I remember watching that my mum thought it would be fun to cover a pig's trotter in ketchup and rest it on my shoulder

I screamed the house down

That's one pig that really did fly

Thanks mum
for the trauma

Cody

You're welcome, sonny. And, mum will be nice and not tell your little ATS friends that you screamed like a girl.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
To this day, I cannot look at Linda Blair's possessed face from The Exorcist. I would post it, here, but then I'd have to look at it while posting it. That film still scares the poop out of me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join