It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did I See On Hilton Head Island?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtrenthacker
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Not at all. It was not a bright blinking light. It was a fairly large ball of light. Like a mix of orange, red and yellow. It did not pulsate or have a flicker. It was like looking at campfire from about 50 yards away. The only reason I would rule out Chinese lanterns is because of it disappearing and reappearing 3 times and then nothing. Would a lantern light go out and then ignite itself 3 times? I'm not real familiar with the lanterns, but I don't think that's how it works. Another thought would be possibly light from a lighthouse, but why would we see it only 3 times?

It's a lantern, they can flicker in and out like that.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

There is no point if making out ifs ands and buts for this and that. you seen a ufo and thats the conclusion you should draw, whatever debunkers say....

they are observing us, and we them looking at us looking at them looking at us...
many people have seen ufo's now it was your turn...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
I was on Edisto Island, SC in August of 2012. While I was down there many reports came in of UFO sightings near Myrtle Beach. I never did see anything down on Edisto, but Myrtle was a hot-spot for sightings last summer.

We go every other year and I always have my eyes toward the sky when I'm down there.

there are fires for about every year there listed cause Chinese laterns or the bigger 3 ft. sky lanterns, I guess they have a lot of marriages and such there and
example.

Myrtle Beach fire caused by “Sky Lantern”
July 20, 2011 by Michael Brown
The South Carolina Forestry Commission says a fire that burned more than 800 acres of Horry County land was caused by a special type of floating candle lantern. The July 3 fire is completely contained, but continues to burn along the coast in Horry County.

www.southcarolinaradionetwork.com...

Hilton Head Island Wedding Vibe | Hilton Head Island, SC
colletonriverclub.com...
Colleton River Plantation
May 24, 2012 - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina ... Sky lanterns are lit with fire and then released, so they can become a fire hazard to surrounding trees

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

Nice! The photos you have look sort of similar to my experience, except it was just one large object. Very interesting.

SC sky lantern, the large lanterns very popular it seems. Don't know if they can appear to blow out and come back on or what though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join