It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We At War in Yemen?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by benrl
They want to conquer the middle east, if that hasn't become abundantly clear, they used lies to start the campaign and I am sure the end will be no different.

There is little of interest in the Middle East, apart from oil, and the United States is on the verge of becoming an oil exporter. What is in play there is not simple empire building.

Yes yes, more accurate would be to prop up the Empire's economy by reassuring the reliance on the Petrol dollar, you say tomato, I say tomahto type a deal.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Got to give a star on this.
Ephesians 6 says it as well...we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities, and all the evil spirits that are in the heavens.

Kind of gives a Christian something new to think about, and does it from a very old book...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Because the US empire needs to expand.

They want to conquer the middle east, if that hasn't become abundantly clear, they used lies to start the campaign and I am sure the end will be no different.

empire?? we conquered japan, did we take over japan? no.......we conquered Germany, did we take over Germany? or any other european country no. we went into south korea and over 30,000 of our soldiers died, so that south korea could remain a free country, did we take that over?, no. we went into the Slavic nations to stop the massacres of Muslims and Christians and didn't take over the countries involved. we went into panama and ousted the dictator Noriega, did we take over that country? no.....with that said, have we been perfect? absolutely not...but we have not tried to expand our so called "empire"

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A few days back I read about Obama saying that drone strikes in Pakistan would be stopped or at least dramatically scaled down...now I know why...so the focus can shift to terrorizing the populace of Yemen.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

empire?? we conquered japan, did we take over japan? no.......we conquered Germany, did we take over Germany? or any other european country no. we went into south korea and over 30,000 of our soldiers died, so that south korea could remain a free country, did we take that over?, no. we went into the Slavic nations to stop the massacres of Muslims and Christians and didn't take over the countries involved. we went into panama and ousted the dictator Noriega, did we take over that country? no.....with that said, have we been perfect? absolutely not...but we have not tried to expand our so called "empire"

The US is property of Britain

IMO..So no flame wars please

It was the Russians who conquered Germany..
edit on 12-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good question.

Why Yemen ?

Because it is a part of the planet.

Why the planet ?

Because god gave it to chosen people.

Which chosen people ?

They are here

www.radioislam.org...
www.radioislam.org...
www.radioislam.org...
www.radioislam.org...
www.radioislam.org...

and there.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Just because we are cooperating doesn't make it right, Dr. Paul threw out that nifty term somewhere near the end about non interventionalism or something around that frame of reference. I have to ask do you think this behavior best suits the interests of the people of the United States? I personally do not see this within our best interests to be there doing anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ron paul finishes by calling for a pullout from yemen. Would that really be sensible to abandon a region known to have a significant al qaeda presence, which makes global terrorist plots? I think not. On the other hand he is correct to point out the dangers of blowback, that is, radicalising the population by these unaccountable air strikes.
It is a tricky situation, no doubt.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 20pence

Ah but see this is where it gets confusing. Why are we ranting and hollering about "Al Qaeda" in Yemen, while at the same time supporting and training them in Syria?
There is more than meets the eye here, but as long as "Big Brother" keeps treating the public like little children with all it's secrets, we won't know the answers as to why these contradictions are occurring. I'm not comfortable enough with "govt knows best". As you stated, many feel what they are doing will cause blowback and cause more problems than we realize.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's more than that. There have been a number of F-15E strikes launched out of Djibouti. Covered up well, but if you look closely you can see evidence that the strikes were performed by Strike Eagles, and that's the only base in the region that could have launched them.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The threats were fake, top leaders of Al Qaeda, and affiliates haven't used any forms of electronic communications that could be monitored for a long time, unless they wanted to be monitored.

Why are we at war in Yemen?

We aren't anymore than we were in Libya, and now covertly in Syria.

We are helping to weaken governments and empower radicals in Islamic nations, we are helping them build their caliphate... Whether knowingly or not... Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Syria and soon in Iran... Among others...

Take a good look at the Islamic countries we've been involved in and are leaving or left already... Better off now?

There is an agenda here, and at times it's tough to figure out which side we should be on...

IMO

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by Wookiep

Lol over the past two weeks? How about over the past two years...

Try two decades. Yemen has been a mess for a long time and we and others have been involved to secure out interests.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Why Are We At War in Yemen?

Strident, fundamentalist Islam. Could there be a better reason?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Have you seen this? A Belgian MP talking about the absurdity of it all:

"Belgian MP LAURENT LOUIS exposes war agenda"

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

For the same reason that our government has military bases in 100+ countries: money, power and control.

edit on 13-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Thanks, he does raise some good points. There is no doubt there are many lies being thrown around and I am sure a lot of this (if not all of it) has to do with U.S. corporate financial interests. Ah, if only congress had any say in what our military does overseas..well if the POTUS went through congress that is, like he should..but that hasn't happened in a long time. (it seems the governments in Europe operate the same way) And it's too bad congress would probably just be bribed to not make the choices "we the people" want anyway. Then again, the public doesn't know anything other than what the guys at the top tell our media to say. Any way you look at it, things are REALLY screwed up and no-one but that small group of people at the very top have any say on anything. Viva la Revolution!

Anyway, thanks again for the vid. It's only too bad open dialogue like this can happen in the U.S. but either people don't care or they have no idea just how much they don't matter to the govt.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I am guessing this is just you'r opinion? It would take me a week to show you why we are in the middle east. But I dont have that much time to teach history. But the best place to start would Be Mohammed Reza Shah.
nationalinterest.org...

Trust me, If it was about taking over the middle east, We would have gone about it in a different way. The bottom line is, the G8 countries en.wikipedia.org... All have a stake in Big oil. We Just help countries like Iran and others By installing Governments that we can do business with. Now we have Fracking and plenty of natural gas in the united states. Our dependency will go down but our greed will keep us there till the end. There is a whole lot more to it. But you must be willing to search and read pages after pages. I will find more info and post it. The O.P should also do the same. His question could have been answered without starting a question post. I have done the same but have learned since that researching yourself is better than just asking random people. because as you see, we all have different outlooks on it. You must decide for yourself.

edit on 13-8-2013 by russ1969 because: Added Link To G8

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

The OP was created by using the exact name of the article the OP is linking to. This is not "my" question, but the article raises a lot IMO. Read the article, because it's what the OP is about. Thanks.
edit on 13-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I wonder how many people came into this thread, guns blazing, confident with answers that the OP title (article) asks without reading the article itself in the thread? (the whole point of the thread) Kinda hilarious how so many just swear they know the answer, and that's what it's all about. All answers are speculative cause NO-ONE knows all the reasons why the drone attacks are so high right now in Yemen. All we know is people are dying and many are civilians. We can only speculate from many different angles, and there ARE many. No history book will tells us cause our OWN government only gives us little hints, and history hasn't been entirely written yet. (whos knows who is telling the truth??) I must assume that all the smarty pants wanting to answer the title question only, prolly didn't even give a slight glance at the thread itself.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by russ1969

The OP was created by using the exact name of the article the OP is linking to. This is not "my" question, but the article raises a lot IMO. Read the article, because it's what the OP is about. Thanks.
Fair enough. I see where I included you by mistake as asking the question. The beginning part was for you and the ending where i said to look up more history on the middle east and you will see The united states does not want to take over the middle east. Just shape it to their interest.The same as any other country with power would do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join