It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disappearing and Reappearing Watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So, I get up for a glass of water, then go over to my table where I've always left my watch. It wasn't there.
I go about my business, go downstairs and put the peanuts I was going to boil into the pot.
So, I go back upstairs, after they're on to boil. What do I see in the usual place, where I had already checked? My watch.

Little bit bizaare. I'm not prone to hypnogogic hallucinations, and that'd be a bizaare subtractory hallucination.

I've had this happen with stuff before. Why do things temporarily disappear?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think it's just stress etc.

We had a power outage the other night and I used a flash light app on my cell to find my cell.. took me 2 minute to realize what i was doing

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
How old are you?
Could be Alzheimer's setting in.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I think it's just stress etc.

We had a power outage the other night and I used a flash light app on my cell to find my cell.. took me 2 minute to realize what i was doing

Classic!

Op - I've experienced something similar. Not sure what causes it but I believe what you said. It's one of those things like seeing a ghost or a ufo, unless it happens to you it's hard to believe.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Happens to me all the time.

Few months ago I emptied my pockets onto my table in the garage. Keys, wallet, loose change and cigarettes. I washed my dirt bike, pushed it into the garage and grabbed my stuff. Everything was right where I left them except my keys. This is a glass top table with only a plant in the middle. I was dumbfounded. I actually swept my arms across the table just in case I was going blind... No keys.

I worked on an engine for another bike for a while and decided to take a break. Grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down at the table. Absolutely nothing on the table except my propped up legs. My ole lady just got home from work and asked how my day went. Told her my keys disappeared and I need her keys so I can lock the shop up(my shop is next door to my house)... She gave me the common(to me, but I'm sure you other guys get the look) "are you insane" look and picked my keys up and handed them to me.

It was a WTF moment. Just for the record, that was my first beer of the day, so no, I was not drunk.

That's just one of many episodes. Like I said, happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It is a blinding technique used by the others. I haven't figured out exactly who the others are yet.
Get used to it, there is usually a reason they blind us but we may never find the reason. Our script is being steered by the others, we have free will up to a certain point.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't know if I believe in "The Others". I'd say it's like I've slipped in and out of some universe where the only difference is where my watch is, if I were to make a wild stab at the moon. That is indeed a bit farfetched, but that's life.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
One time I was looking for my (prescription) glasses, as I was wearing them. Not dementia, in your 20s...

My dad was shopping for a new pickup truck. He testdrove a couple with the salesman. Before leaving, he realized he was about to leave without his sunglasses, which he mustve left in the last pickup truck. The salesman humored my dad, walked out to the truck on the lot with him, instead of pointing out they were on his head.

Another time, my dad went to a home improvement store, pushed the shades up on his hat while shopping, went home, grabbed some sunglasses to work on the drip system, needed something else at hardware store, and saw, finally, in rearview mirror after leaving store the 2nd time that he had 2 pair of sunglasses pushed up on his head.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You're getting old
thats all

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
Happens to me all the time.

Few months ago I emptied my pockets onto my table in the garage. Keys, wallet, loose change and cigarettes. I washed my dirt bike, pushed it into the garage and grabbed my stuff. Everything was right where I left them except my keys. This is a glass top table with only a plant in the middle. I was dumbfounded. I actually swept my arms across the table just in case I was going blind... No keys.

I worked on an engine for another bike for a while and decided to take a break. Grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down at the table. Absolutely nothing on the table except my propped up legs. My ole lady just got home from work and asked how my day went. Told her my keys disappeared and I need her keys so I can lock the shop up(my shop is next door to my house)... She gave me the common(to me, but I'm sure you other guys get the look) "are you insane" look and picked my keys up and handed them to me.

It was a WTF moment. Just for the record, that was my first beer of the day, so no, I was not drunk.

That's just one of many episodes. Like I said, happens all the time.

i call those "garage gremlins" same thing happens to my Dad all the time. working on a bike and cant find a part he had right out in the open, then the next day opens the garage and the part is right in the middle of the open floor as if placed there. happens to him all the time and freaks him out haha.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Hyperspace. Only half joking here, really.

Had this sort of thing happen, SO many times! Something would be GONE, with multiple people searching, only to turn up in plain sight, in a place everyone already looked. It's like the things just phase in and out or something. Can't really explain it, but been there!

The weirdest one was a little toy sword. Son had Playmobile toys, and was all set up in the living room, with castles, guys, etc. Since he was small, whenever he played, I would set it all up, checking to see that all was there. Well, did that, and he sat there on the floor, playing. He didn't get up even once, till he was done. When he was done, I went to put it all away. Checking the pieces, as I always did, I noticed the king's sword was missing. Basically, this is about an inch long, silvery plastic sword, like for an action figure. Well, checked the play quilt he was on, under it, in his clothing, all over. The thing was GONE. MONTHS later, I was pulling out some stored craft supplies in my bedroom, where the kids never went. This stuff hadn't moved for a LONG time, since way before the sword vanished. In the bottom box, I found, you guess it, the sword.

Another weird one was a vanishing beer can. My dad enjoyed a couple of beers int he evening, and he liked to save the cans for recycling. Beside the trash can sat a bag to collect these; a paper grocery sack. When full, this would be emptied into a large plastic bag in the garage, to await being taken in for cash. Well, this night, he and I were the only ones home. He emptied the bag, as it was full, and sat down to have a beer. We had just loaded the can dispenser in the fridge, and knew exactly how many were in it. We chatted about this and that, and after a bit, he realized the beer was missing. As in gone. Neither of us had left the room. We thought maybe he'd finished it, but the can sack was still empty. The thing never did turn up.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
At the other place we lived in for a few months, this was a constant, unending problem. Some of it was stress. The rest: We had walls that did not meet at 90 degree angles. Or ceilings. Or floors, for that matter. We had roach problems out the wazoo, rodent problems, termite problems, so there was a plethora of vermin in the walls. The floor was COLD- far colder than tile should be in summer in Fl. We suspected running/ moving water under the foundation (and lo and behold, after spotting a drain pipe into the drainage ditch that looked like it ran under the place, I find a manhole cover half buried on the OTHER side of the place, in line with both apt and drainage pipe).

We both lost crap for hours ALL the time. We spent our entire time in there disoriented, stressed, tired, *miserable*, slept horribly....

My suggestion? Take the list of disaster from up there and go over the place you usually have stuff go bye bye. See if some of it lines up.

new topics

top topics

join