It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tobacco and the Health Fascists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The site won't let me copy any text, which is strange for wiki.
It states 559 chemical additives, which when burned create many more chemical by-products.

I just picked the first site that came up when googling chemical additives in cigarettes.

It's not the tabacco that's deadly - its the added chemicals to make them addictive, so that the corporations (and big pharma) profit
Those chemicals are deadly to your health, and will age a person fast.

People need to learn to grow their own tobacco, if they're going to smoke, although that might even be illegal.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The site won't let me copy any text, which is strange for wiki.
It states 559 chemical additives, which when burned create many more chemical by-products.

I just picked the first site that came up when googling chemical additives in cigarettes.

It's not the tabacco that's deadly - its the added chemicals to make them addictive, so that the corporations (and big pharma) profit
Those chemicals are deadly to your health, and will age a person fast.

People need to learn to grow their own tobacco, if they're going to smoke, although that might even be illegal.

Yup. That's why I only smoke organic tobacco.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
BURNING anything and inhaling it is carcinogenic. Smoke is not good for your lungs.....common sense. It makes you cough for a reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Probably, but due to the T&C we can't really speculate. How else do you think they can handle being stuck in a space ship for long voyages?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

American Spirit makes organic, additive-free cigarettes. It's a night/day difference. I can't and won't smoke anything else these days. Besides, you get more tobacco per cigarette and they burn longer/slower. They're great boat cigarettes.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto

Seeing that you have such strong opinions on my manners I would suggest that you look in the mirror & stop trying to tell other what they can or can not do.

Hey the dude said he's a mortician. He's used dealing with people who don't argue

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Nothing is more damaging than your car EXHAUST EMISSIONS, 30 min with your engine running in close room and you’ll be dead... How many death (statistically) you would see with a room full of cigarette smokers..? Can I force you to walk instead of using your deadly car because it damaging to the environment and to my and other’s health.

This political ploy is to increase the cigarettes prices/taxes effectively and permanently worldwide.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I can't stand smoking at all, I've lost quite a bit of friends and family to it. I stood there and watched my Uncle drown to death from COPD. Thats right, you frikken drown in your hospital bed, there was nothing peaceful about it. He was 65. Guy smoked like a chimney, even after they had to put him on oxygen for the last year of his life.

My dads friend from highschool, died at 45, FORTY FIVE, from lung cancer, from smoking. If that isnt a reality check then I don't know what is, that # can kill you faster then you think, and OP with your attitude I know you chain smoke, so that will be you, 45, count the days buddy.

On the topic of smoking in public, it is rude as hell, the last week I was at the race track, and this guy and his buddy were smoking cherry cigars, the smell was making me sick the whole time, completely ruined my experience, and I wen't home with a headache and nausia. that asshole chainsmoked them, I sit there every week, and have never seen him before, yet his first time showing up, he ruins my experience.

I believe in your right to smoke, but I think it should be a private thing, the fact that you guys are soo addicted that you must have a cigarette every 10 minutes is a problem.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Can I force you to walk instead of using your deadly car because it damaging to the environment and to my and other’s health.

Well we pretty much all NEED to move and carry our merchandise, while we don't NEED to smoke.
Although, we really should find another way than burning gas to run cars.

This political ploy is to increase the cigarettes prices/taxes effectively and permanently worldwide.

They could be taxed a million dollards a pack and I wouldn't even be sad. Sure, it does suck for addicted smokers but it's a really really bad habit that doesn't procure anything positive other than removing the crave that the cigarettes caused in the first place.

I know what it is to be addicted but seriously, smokers shouldn't complain about non-smokers at all.
It's hard to stop at first but it's well worth it for you and everyone else.
edit on 12-8-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Nothing is more damaging than your car EXHAUST EMISSIONS, 30 min with your engine running in close room and you’ll be dead... How many death (statistically) you would see with a room full of cigarette smokers..? Can I force you to walk instead of using your deadly car because it damaging to the environment and to my and other’s health.

as usual....attack the individual smoker for ruining other people lives, attack the individual person who receives welfare as being stupid and lazy. attack the individual obese person for not controlling the amount of food they eat causing undue expense on our medical system. attack the individual pot smoker for our crime rate and delinquency. attack the individual worker who can't find a job as being lazy, non-motivated, and a drag on our economy
but............
reward bankers and investors who screwed up our financial system, with bailouts and no jail time.... reward corporations for bringing back jobs to the US with corporate tax breaks..... reward the wealthy by lowering their taxes while raising their income..... reward those that give to charity who's income is above $250,000, an extra 10% charitable deduction cut, on their tax forms..... reward wealthy Americans who live in the US by having their offshore income not taxed.... reward oil companies who created oil spills with tax deductions to clean-up their own mess....

edit on 12-8-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Tobacco is poison. There is no arguing that. There is no arguing that there is not a single benefit from being a smoker. I should know I've been one for 30 years.

It is not fascist to move beyond allowing people to.poison themselves and allow. Companies to profit from selling it to consumers.

Sorry.

~tenth

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don’t know about you but smoking makes me stress down and focusing better at my work (stress filled work place).

I also (smoking self-made rolling tobacco) for more than 30 years and I am (53), never had any issues with health and still running my bicycle every day to work at high speed (30km) 365 days a year no matter whether (I live in ice cold Norway).

Nothing is more damaging as cars and alcohols... How is that cigarettes are to be blamed..?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Lol at the people who think themselve so important that they have to get out of there way to anoy smokers, i never smoke around my kids, and always get out of my way to not smoke beside people or close to commercial buildings.

I know that cigarette smoke can kill you, i dont need to be told again and again, given dirty looks by people crossing the street to walk by me so i can feel there wrath vs smokers lol, in canada smokes are so taxed we pay for whatever needs to get fixed.

So sorry if again someone gets offended but seriously get a life, i find it more unhealthy to annoy strangers than smoking cigarettes

Just my opinion do

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don’t consume alcoholic beverages and a person who does make me puke… shall fill some files against alcohols and their users..?

Smoking has bad or good effects only on ME; if this is an issue then let it be my choice. Like I said above car/truck users makes me puke too because of Co2 emissions and I am involuntary inhaler of poisonous stuff of their arrogances.

Be real….

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Cigarette making corporations use 3rd word work forces to make those for us to buy and smoke, if this going to stop then we’ll face millions of unemployment all around the globe because of some arrogant fancy arse don’t like the smell of it in developed countries…!

My smoking habit support the human race in need (by buying and using it) what non-smoker does to support their needs..?

It’s all political ploy and BS like I said it above.

edit on 12-8-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

My smoking habit support the human race in need (by buying and using it) what non-smoker does to support their needs..?

It’s all political ploy and BS like I said it above.

Are you for real?

This has to be the worst BS I have ever read.

The political ploy is that they keep going on and making this poison for profits.
R i d i c u l o u s .

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I don’t consume alcoholic beverages and a person who does make me puke… shall fill some files against alcohols and their users..?

Smoking has bad or good effects only on ME; if this is an issue then let it be my choice.

Playing the devil's advocate here but...
Alcool bottles are recyclable but your cigarettes are not.

So no, it doesn't affect only you, the cigarettes and the smoke doesn't just dissapear "poof".
If you we're the only smoker in the world, it wouldn't be a big deal obviously but the billions of burnt cigarettes do in fact have an impact.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If you call for legalization of it all, then I hear ya, but if you call for leaving tobacco untouched while keeping hemp illegal, then that is just hypocrisy.

If one of the two is to be illegal, it should be tobacco.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I did not start this post to advocate smoking or to suggest anyone should smoke. I started this post to level the
playing field in the health paradigm of obvious hypocrisy. You are breathing, drinking and inhaling so many
toxic and carcinogenic substances continuously whether you like it or not and tobacco smoke is probably the
one you have the least to worry about [especially if you are a none smoker] BUT it is an easier to target behavior by the 'health fascists' looking out for your health.

I was thinking of starting a post titled 'Remember when Smoking was in and Cancer was out?' Do any of you remember all the smoking ads promoting cigarette smoking as an 'in' and sociable form of behavior to appeal to
your sense of identity as a smoker? Remember the one about the 'the thinking mans cigarette"? No more of these ads. And what have they replaced this 'in' form of behavior with? Believe it or not Cancer! Cancer is now in - All day long advertisements by a cancer treatment hospital telling you if you get or have cancer you will be treated with special respect and care and you will have a huge medical team focusing on YOU. Wow! Your in again
- a new sense of identity given you courtesy of the cancer industry which is probably now outdoing big tobacco
in the profits game and his little to worry about if you don't or quit smoking since the odds are in their favor
- odds still give cancer one of the leading if not the leading cause of death even if you never smoked in your lifetime. Let nothing stand in the way of profit. If you do some studying you will find alternative cures for
cancer have been around for many years and some have actually 'sometimes' been shown to work. But if any
doctor attempts to use these alternative cures he faces the heavy hand of the law and may lose his licence
and/or in some cases be jailed. The fact that the cure works is besides the point - if it is not sanctioned by
mainstream it is illegal. And the fact that many smokers live to a ripe old age is also besides the point -
you are part of a statistical paradigm which states smokers die sooner and if you don't they will try to help by
psyching your mind into thinking you are killing yourself and should die sooner - And if may work. Psychology
has a huge affect on ones health and if they can convince you that you are killing yourself and will die soon
half the battle is won - But that is not death by smoking - That is death by witchcraft and black magic
- more dangerous than a black lung which evidence shows has nothing to do with smoking.

At any rate if you who smoke are going to continue I might recommend, based on their statistics, pipes or
cigars which are statistically safer than cigarettes OR those new electronic cigarettes which have no carcinogens
in the vapor.

edit on 12-8-2013 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Cigarette butts ARE recyclable

video.theloop.ca...

Further, cigarette butts are NOT made of plastics. They are made of cellulose acetate (a wood product) and while anti-smokers like to spread the myth that it takes 10 years to biodegrade cellulose acetate, the truth is that cellulose acetate does break down due to a process called PHOTODEGRADATION caused by exposure to wind and rain as well as pH changes that occur naturally in the environment

Once photodegration has pitted the surface of the butt, biodegradation takes over and butts decompose naturally with 3 months to a 1 year.

www.ingentaconnect.com...

Photo degradability can be significantly enhanced by the addition of titanium dioxide, which is used as a whitening agent in many consumer products. Photo degradation with TiO2 causes surface pitting, thus increasing a material's surface area which enhances biodegradation. The combination of both photo and biodegradation allows a synergy that enhances the overall degradation rate.

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join