It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tobacco and the Health Fascists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
reply to post by supamoto

Mute point trying hard to justify your bad manners.

One day when you are not allowed to smoke anywhere except your own house. Have a little cry about the injustice of it all.

Then go have a long hard look in the mirror. YOU are the reason it is going that way. Not some nameless other smoker.

Don't you think it is a bit pathetic actual laws will need to be passed. To get you to be well mannered and not anti-social ? .

So many people dragged up and not brought up. Greed and an over blown sense of entitlement unfortunately being the norm for some.

he's right you know, you're speaking of greed and an over blown sense of entitlement when you as well exhibit this behavior.

relax my friend, it wont matter what people did to you when it's your time to die, what you will think only of, is what you did to others in your short time here.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Tobacco and the Health Fascists

One of my favorite pastimes is to kick back after dinner with a good cee-gar and Sombre Rouge Cabernet. I know that putting tobacco smoke into my lungs is not exactly healthy and so I certainly have no desire to share my dangerous flirtations with anyone else. Translated... it means I won't blow smoke in your face.

From this point of view, now, I'd just like to be left alone... it's my health, my risk and my life. Unfortunately, we are entering a time when the freedom to live one's life as they choose, is coming to an end. For Obamacare to have gotten the green light from the bloated health insurance industry, our president had to trade off those liberties to insurance.

The outcome is clear in how national pharmacy chain CVS is going to force testing on their employees not only to see if they smoke, but what they eat as well. Further, CVS requires their employees to sign a waiver saying that they voluntarily submitted for what they were actually forced to do. In sum, you have to lie or lose your job.

This is all getting worse by the day.

One of the earliest examples of how the insurance industry owns our government is in our seatbelt laws.
If you hit a telephone pole, you go through the windshield and leave a bloody spot in the grass... it's you and only you... well, unless you plow into the fire hydrant and then somebody has to be paid to clean it up for the local dog population.
Anyway, the insurance folks know that if they can keep you buckled in, all those mandatory auto insurance laws will leave them fatter than Bloomberg at Coney Island on Nathan's hotdog eating day.

By the way... I do support mandatory seatbelt use for children so... no need to draw back that bow.

Yesterday it was seatbelt laws.
Today it is smoking.
Tomorrow it might be what you are allowed to keep in your kitchen cupboard.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I both deal in death. And save peoples lives. And I do some of my work for free, for those who can not afford to pay. .

I think I have my usefulness and right to speak about these subjects down pat.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I will tell you now. I have been opening up people for 35 years. And smokers lungs are either black or gray. And if they die with pneumonia. You get a nice blackish soup through the aspirator.

You should be grateful to all those smokers for giving you something to do, otherwise you'd be like the Maytag man sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. You'd die of boredom.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I do not need to lie or be delusional to get my point across.

This is what I find amusing...

First day in school. They tell you....

" in case of a fire, get on the ground and get out. The smoke will kill you before the fire"

This is standard issue advice for all 5 year old's and up.

Most 5 year olds get it. Most.... for some it is too complicated a concept.

Smokers... Some of you are anti-social a-holes. This is the reason people are giving you a hard time. Not because you are going to die early. Or second hand smoke will effect us. It is your attitude that sucks, not just your self entitled face.

Remember, you only started to look cool. It did not work. You are still a try hard.

Treated wood, paint, varnish, wood stain, insulation... all that stuff burning up, you'd better get on the floor so you don't inhale all of that. Tobacco, without the government added chemicals, isn't nearly as bad.

I'm all for the ban on smoking in public places. I know that if I weren't a smoker then I wouldn't want to be inhaling those fumes. However, I do not agree with the "no smoking on the property" rules, except for on school properties.
edit on 12-8-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

"he's right you know, you're speaking of greed and an over blown sense of entitlement when you as well exhibit this behavior"

How exactly is expecting someone to at least ask before lighting up around a non-smoker all of that ? You sure you know the difference. ..

I can honestly say I don't care and usually say yes. Tear gas does not even effect me thanks to my exposure to mortuary fluids .I am so much more likely going to die from exposure to those than his piss weak second hand smoke.

My point is he has no basic manners, and I suspect due to his display of arrogance he also deliberately litters the ground with his butts " just because I can"

What a legend.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

No . Also have a health center to help fight obesity.

We have a saying " see me now, or see me later"

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

No . Also have a health center to help fight obesity.

We have a saying " see me now, or see me later"

Everybody dies, its in the rulebook. So somebody will be seeing you sooner or later, too, and maybe they'll be amazed at your pristine lungs and trim waistline but you'll still be dead.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Yes I will die. Not delusions about that. My bet is on cancer or a heart attack.

But at least I wont die, trying to look cool (, but failing miserably ) . All the while being thought of as a mindless drone smoker who has zero manners.

Think about it.We are on a conspiracy site.. The MSM ;movies , tobacco companies and even some crooked researchers and Doctors told you it was all Ok to smoke. .

You think I am the lair instead of you being the sheep ? ..

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Tobacco smoking has both good and bad points. It is both a histamine, stimulating acid production and the liver to detox the body, and an antihistamine, helping to stem as cykotine storm in the presence of some microbes. It does supply nitrogen to the body and has some very good points for some people, but also it causes the body not to store nitrogen compounds since it is taken into the brain and shuts of the craving for foods high in it.

Smoking also cuts the desire to eat, obesity is now an epidemic since they told people not to smoke. The worst problem associated with smoking is people weren't eating the right foods and this weakens the body. This allows cancer to take hold. Being obese can also reduce the ability of the body to fight cancer if the fat contains too many toxins in it from eating the wrong foods.

Smoke is an adjuvant, causing any allergies to show themselves. The immune system reacts faster. If a person uses the smoke to identify what they are allergic to and not eat it, it will not store the toxins in fat cells. The liver being boosted will produce more enzymes and detox more because of smoke. The thing with this is it does not necessarily need to be cigarette smoke, any number of smokes will do the same thing. Sitting around a campfire will work fine. Oil smoke from cooking is not good though, it should be plant based.

The B-Carbolines in smoke can help to stimulate the brain to think better. Then again, these B-Carbolines are found in a variety of foods also. Not the foods that most people think are good for them though. A potato contains b-carbolines and nicotinic acid, it also contains other good enzymes. It needs to be eaten in moderation though, and should be eaten with something high in vitamin k.

Many medicines are made from tobacco, the Pharma companies buy a lot of it. Although I know both the good and bad properties of smoking cigarettes, I will not get involved in telling someone if they should smoke or not. If a person smokes more than ten cigarettes a day, the good is outweighed by the bad and this person should examine why they are smoking. They may be allergic to something in the environment or in the food they eat, simply removing the allergen may stop the craving.

I am allergic to cats, we have five cats. I smoke more because of this, using it to control the histamine reactions. I could take Benedryl, I have to take that occasionally when I get an overdose of the cat smells. I also have a hard time breathing around many perfumes and colognes, so I have to go outside and have a smoke when I am around people wearing these things. I think these perfumes and colognes should be illegal, they are tools people use to suppress others. Money can buy some powerful chemistry to control people yet nobody says anything about that. Why should people have a better chance of success in this world just because they can wear these chemicals on their body. I have extensively studied these chemicals and understand the use of them by people to suppress others well, gees, if you can't smell because you just had a butt, they have no effect on you

I understand that we are being lied to, we are being deceived into believing that cigarettes are a lot worse than they are. They do have their problems but the problems are not nearly as bad as they say they are. It keeps us from looking at other reasons for cancer, it steers us away from the truth that we are being slowly poisoned with food and drinks.

I do not smoke around others that do not smoke, I try to smoke outside, where there is more oxygen. I respect the rights of people who don't smoke even though I see that they do not respect the rights of the smoker. I think that cigarettes should not be smoked in restaurants and some of the businesses but think that smokers should be able to smoke in some taverns. I can't see them having to go outside, the taverns should be able to say they either allow it or disallow it.

So I say people who have severe reactions to smoke should see what is causing this reaction. They are being exposed to a different bad chemistry that the smoke brings out. That histamine reaction to smoke could be a sign, look up the word adjuvant, smoke is an adjuvant.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Think about it.We are on a conspiracy site.. The MSM ;movies , tobacco companies and even some crooked researchers and Doctors told you it was all Ok to smoke. .

You think I am the lair instead of you being the sheep ? ..

Researchers lie all the time, its what they're paid to do, just like morticians are paid to write death certificates with causes of death and doctors are paid to write prescriptions.

Why would I need a doctor to tell me what's okay for me to do, more people die from medical mistakes than almost any other cause.

Anyway, I don't really care what anybody is or does, its their business. But the obsession with death is the reason most people never really live.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In the NZ Navy they taught my mates who did smoke to NEVER light up around a non smoker. Other people had a "right of enjoyment in a public space" And we were never allowed to smoke below decks.

Basically it you lit up in a disrespectful manner. You got punched in the face. No warning. If you were ever unfortunate enough to do it in the vicinity of the divers. Your face would be the least of your worries.

Funny. No "its my right to .... whinge whinge cry..." Even the wannabe tough guys fell into line quickly. All cowards that sold out there "cause"

I do know some of my mates still smoke. But I never see them do it. It has become a solitary addiction.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

All lung transplants are last resort when you only have a limited time to live. Are you trying to imply that when a never-smokers lung becomes available, they transplant their lungs into someone else's body willy nilly?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Patients given the lungs of heavy smokers had similar survival rates to recipients of tobacco-free organs

Lung transplants are performed on people who are likely to die from lung disease within two years. In the UK, 40 per cent of lung transplants involve organs taken from a smoker, however this has long been controversial.

So is anyone going to try and pretend that there is a significant difference between the lungs of living smokers and living never-smokers?

That smokers lungs are black and dripping with tar?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
they also fail to mention that native americans used tobacco as a medicine to cure some illnesses in addition to ceremonial use.

find it amusing alot of us japanese smoke heavily and we outlive nearly everyone on the planet ..
*fires up cigarette wanders off *

It's obvious you can think for yourself. Why is it that there are countries that smoke a ton more than we do in America now, and yet your lung disease and other health issues are lower than ours? Wait, gotta light up to write this. The article I quoted really pisses off the anti-cigarette indoctrinated crowd.

To the wanna be coroner over there, how many people who don't smoke have screwed up lungs? Might it be the crap the government is spraying all over the place? Might it be something other than cigarettes or are you refusing to consider the facts presented?

You anti-smoking sorts have fallen for a huge propaganda campaign, and you believe what you believe because of junk science. Radiation dust gives you lung cancer 100% of the time unless you are a lucky smoker. Smoking is the only thing proven to help prevent lung cancer. I know scary right? Well the scientists proved it, but the government will not be culpably negligent for their open air nuclear tests that the KNEW caused radiation dust that does not decay for thousands of years. Get one dust particle in your lungs and unless you have some protective layer in there, YOU WILL get cancer. Get it on your skin and you will get cancer.

Add to the mix that they KNEW the monkeys with SV40 virus they used to make vaccines would cause cancer and now you know why everyone is sick and dying from cancer. If you have a lung disease then smoking is not going to help a whole lot. Ignore the article I linked to. The elites want us useless eaters dead and you think they care about our health? Yeh, keep spinning their tales.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Tired of Control Freaks

I like your handle.

Even control freaks know their limitations, they can't pass laws to prevent Fukushima from blowing nuclear waste into the earth and sea and air, or prevent the BP blowouts from belching black burning oil and chemicals into the world's oceans or atmosphere so they go for what they can control. The little guy.

Big Tobacco can't hold a candle to Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Agriculture or any of the other Bigs when it comes to killing people, but they're untouchable.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's just used as a wedge to hammer between people so they have something to argue about in the great "Jerry Springer Show" that is the world.

If someone is offended by my cigarette, let me know and I will snuff it out, but it usually doesn't stop there.

Marginalize me, if that's what you want to do I don't need you around anyway, but you just won't go the hell away!.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
consider these before you rant:

The paper is NOT regulated, and it contains some seriously evil chemicals that are simply designed to keep you coming back for more.

Tobacco, in many cases, is radioactive, and not by natural means.

I don't smoke, and don't want those chemicals in me, so if you can figure out a way to ingest those chemicals without subjecting me to them - have at it. Many bartenders and waitresses who worked in smoking bars suffered severe health issues and they themselves did not smoke, so one has to ask: where does your right to kill yourself overlap my right to not?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When I lived in Seattle, back in the early 90s...I went to lunch one day, at a chinese restaurant....was seated in the smoking section, as requested......not too long before I was finished eating, a couple came in with their kid....seated at the booth in front of me.....when I lit up, all I could hear was a bull# cough coming from the dad....they asked if they could be seated somewhere else.....well...they were seated right by the kitchen door.....if they didn't want to be around smokers, then why did they want to sit in the smoking section?

I saw a bumper sticker once: Bitching about my smoking may be hazardous to your health.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think anyone who thinks smoking isn't harmful to yourself and those around you is deluding themselves to support their own addictions.

I don't mind if someone smokes, but I don't think I should have to breathe it while I'm sitting down to a meal, the employees shouldn't have to either.. that would be the smoker's choice being imposed on me.. no thank you.

Yeah cars pollute, but they are outside, right where smokers should be.. I don't pull my car up to someone's dinner table and pipe the exhaust at them.. Besides, comparing driving a car, which is sometimes the only viable transport option.. to smoking, which is a personal addiction/choice.. is silly

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
No doubt smoking is not healthy. However I've known of life long smokers living active lives until their 80's and non-smokers, non-drinkers getting cancer at a young age.

I do strongly believe that the risk of lung cancer via 2nd hand smoking is exaggerated. Lung cancer rates spiked in the 50's and 60's, especially in areas down wind of where nuclear weapons were being tested. It is my belief that instead of linking those cases to the fallout, they used smoking and 2nd hand smoking as the scape goat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join