Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Tobacco and the Health Fascists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
First an observational summation of what we see in the current world of heath fascists trying to manipulate behavior as they are doing with tobacco.

Tobacco use today is in the same realm that alcohol use was a hundred years ago. They will use any an all observational date to convince the public {you} that tobacco use of any sort is more than unhealthy. 'They' have
decided it is a morally objectionable form of behavior with no positive benefits, it is a threat to the health of the public, a moral and physical 'sin'. They will do anything and everything possible to rally the public in the quest to demonize tobacco. If you go to almost any doctor or hospital they will often try to convince you of this even before they ask you if you smoke. And if you do smoke they will attempt to convince you that you are not healthy and you are threatening your health and anyone who comes into contact with you - you are labeled a degenerate who is not only sick but a perpetrator of disease. And if you get almost any cancer they will convince you that you caused it because you used tobacco. If on the other hand you over-eat and must continuously stuff your face with food and/or sugar laden candy and grow obese and develop diabetes or cancer or heart disease, you have a condition to sympathize with and you will be treated with compassion.

We have given free reign to these health fascists with tobacco the same way other generations way back allowed
the anti-alcohol Temperance movement create the great nightmare of Prohibition and the rise of the powerful
crime cartels still exerting their corrupting influence over civilization. AND IT WILL NOT STOP WITH TOBACCO.
The mayor of NY continues his war against large soft drinks and you know that won't stop there. Candy is full of sugar and they give it to kids but you don't see too many suggesting they outlaw candy or fast food full of salt, but you need lots of sugar and salt in spite of its negative health effects don't you? You could see where this is going. Sometime in a dystopian future there will be no more smoking, no sweet treats, no soft drinks or added salt - sometime in a dystopian future there Will be no joy left in life - but you will be healthy, a healthy slave !

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i see nothing wrong with that. move along sheep."sheer me"

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
As a mortician, I will tell you smoking will kill you. And it will not be pleasant and in your sleep.. But it is a free world so I have personally no issue with how you die.

But....

I do object strongly to anyone lighting up around me without asking. It is just plain rude..And I hate the fact smokers think it is cool to litter with their butts.

This kind of self entitlement is disgusting.

Think about this, ...If a majority of smokers did not act like the above. No laws would be needed and anti-smokers would have little ammo .

Note: What I find funny is. If you ask a smoker if they are one of the above. They all say no. So the only logical conclusion is ...

(a) We have a bunch of time / space traveling serial smokers, who change appearance at random.

(b) 99% of smokers are dishonest.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
OP...

Are you guilty of the behavior I described ? .

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

You live in New York and hate smoking outside?

I quit smoking cigs and I feel much better now.

I still poison my body with alcohol, and still I feel so much better..

Don't smoke cigarettes.. Bad. Maybe smoke some pure tobacco? But I'd recommend other plants.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I wonder if advanced aliens smoke ?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I'm not so sure about smoking being bad except in decreasing oxygen levels. When we have a government hell bent on poisoning us with fluoride, aspartame, gmo's, chemtrails, bromine, removing iodine and yet does a complete smear campaign on smoking a red light went off for me. What is it about cigarettes that they desperately want us to stop coating our lungs with a thin layer of mucus? Is there something that is preventing that goes against their plans?

Yeh, I know sounds crazy. All those pictures of black lungs from smoking were from coal miners really and yes they may have smoked, but unless you tell the doctor you smoke they wont know by looking at your xrays. Consider that people smoked for eons without all the illnesses. Could the government have done something to the environment that they need to blame on our smoking?

I do believe it's called open air nuclear testing. They, along with Russia, England, China, France dumped tons of radioactive dust into our environment that they are now culpably negligent in causing skin cancer and other forms of cancer. So, it's the suns fault and it's smoking right?

This article might shed a little light on the topic.

Smoking prevents lung cancer
edit on 12-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I wonder if advanced aliens smoke ?

Nope. They directly affect their brain with a field of some kind that would give you the exact experience you desire rather than a chemical energetic guess.

Smoking causes carbon filth..... Not needed.

I guess it depends on what you call advanced though.
I think we are quite advanced personally.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

I'm not so sure about smoking being bad except in decreasing oxygen levels. When we have a government hell bent on poisoning us with fluoride, aspartame, gmo's, chemtrails, bromine, removing iodine and yet does a complete smear campaign on smoking a red light went off for me. What is it about cigarettes that they desperately want us to stop coating our lungs with a thin layer of mucus? Is there something that is preventing that goes against their plans?

Yeh, I know sounds crazy. All those pictures of black lungs from smoking were from coal miners really and yes they may have smoked, but unless you tell the doctor you smoke they wont know by looking at your xrays. Consider that people smoked for eons without all the illnesses. Could the government have done something to the environment that they need to blame on our smoking?

I do believe it's called open air nuclear testing. They, along with Russia, England, China, France dumped tons of radioactive dust into our environment that they are now culpably negligent in causing skin cancer and other forms of cancer. So, it's the suns fault and it's smoking right?

This article might shed a little light on the topic.

Me personally as a drug supporter cannot support smoking cigarettes. It cost me so much that I quit my addiction. That's very different from the obviously toxic alcohol that I continue to use. With cigarettes you don't notice, you don't get hungover...

At some point you will notice.

Whether it's your lungs or your breath,
or whether it's your heart...

Cigarettes ARE bad..

I'm 1/4 Native American by the way and I find some legitimacy in pure tobacco as a ritual or as a needed state of mind, but never as a habit. Not any more.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Your attitude causes more problems than it will ever solve. If you don't like the smoke move away. Who are you that I need your permission to smoke if you are near?
There are more things in the air that cause you health problems than secondhand cigarette smoke.
Do you drive? So you must be using a fossil fuel right?
I hate the way drivers pollute the air that my kid has to breathe. Even a past time such as cycling has become a health risk when using the roads we are forced to use with cars, trucks etc.
We all pollute & cause damage to ourselves & others with our daily practices.
Why should you have more rights than a smoker?
You pollute the air too.
No one asks you to stop driving amongst other things that we all do that might cause a discomfort to others.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

" All those pictures of black lungs from smoking were from coal miners "

I will tell you now. I have been opening up people for 35 years. And smokers lungs are either black or gray. And if they die with pneumonia. You get a nice blackish soup through the aspirator.

Nice......

edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by supamoto

Keep spouting your BS. And maybe even one day you will believe it.

Until then I will give you the respect you deserve..... None.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

" If you don't like the smoke move away. Who are you that I need your permission to smoke if you are near? "

Simply disgusting attitude . .

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

So you end up not getting any respect back. Like I said your attitude causes more problems than it will ever solve.
Who are you or any other non smoker that I need you permission to smoke?
Grow up mate.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto

Your attitude causes more problems than it will ever solve. If you don't like the smoke move away. Who are you that I need your permission to smoke if you are near?
There are more things in the air that cause you health problems than secondhand cigarette smoke.
Do you drive? So you must be using a fossil fuel right?
I hate the way drivers pollute the air that my kid has to breathe. Even a past time such as cycling has become a health risk when using the roads we are forced to use with cars, trucks etc.
We all pollute & cause damage to ourselves & others with our daily practices.
Why should you have more rights than a smoker?
You pollute the air too.
No one asks you to stop driving amongst other things that we all do that might cause a discomfort to others.

I found your post interesting.

You are right in every thing you said.

But, why add more smoke on top of cars hurting lungs of people?

Sponges need to be rinsed and squeezed, before washing more dishes.. I wish lungs were as easy to clean.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Smoking is a horrible habit & detrimental to health. But if some choose to do this it isn't my responsibility to stop them.
Smokers have made their choice & will to have live/die with it.
There is more harm caused to humans & the environment by vehicle fumes (just one example) than by smoking cigarettes.
Non smokers receive preferential treatment in health care even though smokers pay more through taxes for the health service. (In the UK)
You're right why add to it, but if that's what people do you/we/me don't have the right to force them to stop.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Smoking is bad and guarantees you a very unpleasant unnaturally early death not necessarily from a form of lung cancer as emphysema is a very ugly prolonged way to go out as well by slowly drowning/suffocating over many years attached to an oxygen bottle.

I don't know how people can justify shelling out the outrageous prices being charged for tobacco products now with the huge taxes applied to help cover the social cost of medical care for victims of smoking related diseases which are self inflicted injuries.

Yes I'm an ex smoker but saw enough friends and relatives succumb to the results of their smoking before seeing the light for myself.
edit on 12/8/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I agree with that.
In fact. even though I stopped smoking for my personal health reasons I support anyone who wants to smoke.

I do not think laws should stop people being people except in the situation that you're hurting someone else.

I DO NOT think smoking hurts other people. I just don't want to recommend it.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
they also fail to mention that native americans used tobacco as a medicine to cure some illnesses in addition to ceremonial use.

find it amusing alot of us japanese smoke heavily and we outlive nearly everyone on the planet ..
*fires up cigarette wanders off *

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Mute point trying hard to justify your bad manners.

One day when you are not allowed to smoke anywhere except your own house. Have a little cry about the injustice of it all.

Then go have a long hard look in the mirror. YOU are the reason it is going that way. Not some nameless other smoker.

Don't you think it is a bit pathetic actual laws will need to be passed. To get you to be well mannered and not anti-social ? .

So many people dragged up and not brought up. Greed and an over blown sense of entitlement unfortunately being the norm for some.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join