It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a hot drink

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

This is about the brain, and his need when he awakens. If soup, which most people associate with wellness, can be detected by the brain, he doesnt have to drink more than a cube, because his brain told him that he is now healthy/ or getting healthy.

I know its weird, it was weird while I was writing it, but its the way that I have dealt with certain habits, I just thought I would throw it out there.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Yes, but if the issue is cutting down on caffeine, adding a ton of salt to the mix, is not a great idea.
Some boullionis low salt, but sadly, most all processed soup, instant and canned, is just not good for us.
I love my soups too. I occasionally indulge.
Cup o soup... Remember those... Mmmmmm.....
edit on 8/19/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
voices.yahoo.com...
Here is a sodium free boullion

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Seriously if I could be the representative of soup I would.

I know that its not always good for you, but trick the brain a bit and your golden.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hi,

I like Coffee..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Chai Roobios is my favorite hot beverage besides coffee. It's great with a drop of clove oil for a sore throat.
Another healthy drink is hibiscus tea. I had it in Egypt and thought it was grape juice. Tasted great. I was really happy to find it's healthy, caffeine free and good for your blood pressure.

Turns out I've got seven hibiscus trees in my yard and don't even need to buy it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
hi
Thanks For the Post

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hi,

I'm really big on Yerba Mate....nice stimulation without coffee reaction of nausea, jitteriness, etc..

I get NO reaction to Yerba Mate....so far....

Your upset stomach may be due to gluten or lactose intolerance....or something obscure....for me it's an ongoing analysis of what I eat and how I feel....

One cue is to ask yourself what you are indulging in 'addictively' or cannot stand at all...both are markers for sensitivity/allergy reactions....

Remove suspect foods from diet for at least four days and symptoms should subside...sometimes takes longer....during the withdrawal phase you may get increased symptomology for a few days as the body clears the offending substance....but it pays to hang in and wait it out..,

Tarasco

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Hi,

Thanks for the reminder....

I drank Jamaica (pronounced Hamaica in Mexican Spanish) tea from Hibiscus leaves in Mexico all the time...I took my meals with a local family and they served Jamaica regularly....

I have to check whether its available locally at a Mexican shop or...maybe on a tree outside on the grounds of the apt complex...! (I'm sure that there is at least one....)

It will go well with my Yerba Mate....

Tarasco

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Lemon and honey is a great hot drink and very refreshing on the palette, also great cold. Ginger is a great hot drink if you like it a bit fiery
(grate the ginger root and squeeze the juice into the hot water, can be had with lemon and honey and makes a great hot toddy if there's some whisky knocking about)

Mint tea can also be refreshing. Most herbs can be used in tea, I used to pick stinging nettles from the garden and bang em in some hot water - does great things for your digestion. Hawthorn leaves, blackberry leaves, dandelion roots, garlic peels... Or even buy a mix box of fruit teas and have a dabble. The different honeys and sugars you can add also affect the tastes depending if you like em sweet or malty.
edit on 28-8-2013 by melancholiflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I like coffee in hot drinks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join