It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a hot drink

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I really need to get off the coffee and caffeine, but when I wake up (including several times a day from naps) I need something hot to wash away the dryness from my mouth. Cold drinks just don't do it. So, aside from coffee, tea, or hot chocolate does anyone know of a healthy hot drink to replace my coffee?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hot apple cider ?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I like Yerba Mate. Granted it does have caffeine, it's supposedly a different xanthine than that found in coffee.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You may want to try Postum.

It's made from wheat bran, wheat, molasses, and maltodextrin from corn.

source : en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There are many herbal teas that don't contain caffeine.

Try honey and lemon in hot water.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Try roasted dandelion (root) tea. It has a robust flavour and bitter aftertaste, similar to coffee, and you can add milk or sugar if you wish. It's also high in many vitamins.

I also like dandelion leaf tea, rooibos (red) tea, licorice tea, tulsi (holy basil), chamomile and calendula.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by jiggerj

Hot apple cider ?

!!!! I forgot about that! Do you think that could be microwaved?

If so, a MILLION stars to you, my friend!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I like Yerba Mate. Granted it does have caffeine, it's supposedly a different xanthine than that found in coffee.

Thanks, Kimish. Because of your reply I had to check to see if caffeine was the diuretic or if it was something else in the coffee. Look what I found from a very reputable site: MayoClinic.com Coffee is not dehydrating

Researchers used to believe that caffeinated drinks had a diuretic effect. This means that you would urinate more after drinking them, which could increase your risk of becoming dehydrated. Recent research shows that this is not true and that caffeine has a diuretic effect only if you consume large amounts of it — more than 500 to 600 milligrams (the equivalent of 5 to 7 cups of coffee) a day.

I can still have two or three cups of coffee a day!

edit on 8/11/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
How about hot water (microwaved)? I find drinking it helps cleanup that cat-just-poo'd-in-my-mouth feeling. No funky coffee/tea/sweet breath.

Also works wonders if you have an upset tummy.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
How about hot water (microwaved)? I find drinking it helps cleanup that cat-just-poo'd-in-my-mouth feeling. No funky coffee/tea/sweet breath.

Just hot water? Is that healthy? On the upset tummy, I've been looking for a coffee substitute because I am constantly in state of constipation/diarrhea. Thought coffee was doing it. Now I know I just need more fiber in my diet.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Rosemary tea is good for an upset stomach. Grow some in the garden if you have plenty of sun where you live, pick a sprig and steep in hot water.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

Hot apple cider ?

Haha of course man. There are even pre made packs with seasoning that you can mix with water and then microwave, but those obviously have other ingredients.

I always like your posts even when we are on opposing sides. When I saw this thread I wanted to help you.

Now that I see some other posts in this thread I would say that you should increase your vegetable intake. You aren't on pain pills are you? For me that really messed up my digestion/ you know..

I hope I can stay as nice and honest as you my friend.
edit on 8/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

For an upset stomach, 7-up is better at curing that than hot water....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

For an upset stomach, 7-up is better at curing that than hot water....

Pepto is better than 7-up. The hot water is one of them homopathy cures and most people would have water vs 7-up on hand at any given notice.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Why not just go decaf? You'd get used to it...honest.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

Hot apple cider ?

If you're really into the hot apple cider idea, I'd like to suggest pouring it into a crockpot and setting it on low if you'd like it on tap. And if you add in a couple of sticks of cinnamon, or whatever tickles your fancy, you could "brew" different flavors of it. Maybe try adding some vanilla or lemon peel for a change.

But then again, I'm almost to the bottom of a container of mint galactica ice cream, and may therefore be certifiably insane.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Honey and apple cider vinegar
It's also really good for you.
I take a big mug, and put two tablespoons of each of them, poor hot water over it.
Get the Braggs apple cider vinegar.
It is a bit of an aquired taste, but it's good, and you begin to get cravings for it.

Also hot lemon. Just lemon juice and a bit of honey, add hot water .

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Also, lemongrass tea. I buy fresh lemon grass stalks at the Chinese market.
Just cut it into one inch wedges, pour the water on it, let it soak at least five minutes. I add sugar to taste.
fresh mint tea too. Just add fresh mint and sugar, pour hot water on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Bouillon is also great, we all psychologically have a fix on soup healing ailments, and if you are half asleep this will tell you brain that it is healing you, it tastes good, and you can have a cup ready with a cube inside fill with hot water, and by the time you get to bed you have a mental elixir.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The problem with boullion is the high salt content. I stopped drinking it years ago for this reason.
Once in a while on a cold day is OK, but not daily

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join