It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA to take over HAARP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There have been numerous threads on HAARP and some time this year, supposedly they are shutting down their Alaska facility as shown here.

Which is great unless rumors are correct in that DARPA, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, plans to take over. DARPA itself is controversial as shown in this thread Secret DARPA Mind Control Project Is Real: Leaked Document - Narrative Disruptors And Inductors. There are numerous threads on DARPA as well.

The only bright spot on HAARP’s horizon right now is that the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is expected on site as a client to finish up some research this fall and winter. DARPA has nearly $8.8 million in its FY 14 budget plan to research “physical aspects of natural phenomena such as magnetospheric sub-storms, fire, lightning and geo-physical phenomena.”

HAARP Facility Shuts Down

Last night we were watching the new TV series on SyFy, Joe Rogan: Questions Everything, and on this episode he covered HAARP, the Windsor Hum, Chem trails and talked to several people, some were credible and yet, some were not.
One man claimed that HAARP has over 240 installations worldwide. Needless to say, that's his word, not yet proven.
But they did mention that DARPA was to take over HAARP and it left them uneasy at that thought.

Their next thoughts were if our government has been tinkering with Global Weather Engineering, will DARPA go one step further and experiment with Weaponized Weather?

That is a scary thought indeed. In fact, many conspiracy theorists believe that HAARP was responsible for the Japan EQ as well as Sandy hurricane, both which have never been proven, only speculated.

It is a known fact that our government has been playing with Cloud seeding since the Vietnam war, called Operation Popeye that ran from 1967 to 1972, in which they seeded clouds with silver iodide, deliberately creating heavy rainfall to wash away enemy crops and destroy supply routes on the Ho Chi Minh trail . As the continuous rainfall slowed down the truck traffic, it was considered relatively successful.

July 2005

British government papers, just released by the National Archives, show that throughout the Seventies there was deep mistrust between the two superpowers over environmental warfare. The documents reveal that both the US, which led the field, and the Soviet Union had secret military programmes with the goal of controlling the world’s climate. “By the year 2025 the United States will own the weather, ” one scientist is said to have boasted.

Since then, a United Nations treaty has been signed which bans environmental warfare, such as causing earthquakes, melting the polar ice caps and altering climate. But some experts believe that clandestine work to create the ultimate weapon of mass destruction continues.

Weather War?

If our governments were not playing around with the manipulation of weather, possibly to use against an enemy, then the UN would have no need for the 1976 Weather Weapons Treaty.

ARTICLE I
1. Each State Party to this Convention undertakes not to engage in military or any other hostileuse of environmental modification techniques having widespread, long-lasting or severe effectsas the means of destruction, damage or injury to any other State Party.

2. Each State Party to this Convention undertakes not to assist, encourage or induce anyState, group of States or international organization to engage in activities contrary to theprovisions of paragraph 1 of this article.

ARTICLE II
As used in article 1, the term "environmental modification techniques" refers to any techniquefor changing - through the deliberate manipulation of natural processes--the dynamics,composition or structure of the Earth, including its biota, lithosphere, hydrosphere and atmosphere or outer space.

[This is only a portion of the treaty........]

There is no doubt that Man has tampered and played around with Mother Nature, that is not in dispute.

What worries many people is the fact that Man can also be destructive and manipulative, especially when it comes to being the first to discover a new weapon that other countries may not have yet.
The power that comes with it.

Naturally no government or branch of government will ever admit to any of this, we only have leaks or the whistle blowers to count on. We can only suspect what possibilities our gov. might be doing with Mother Earth, however that would get them in serious trouble with the UN one would suspect, if they came right out and said:
"Yeah, we're messing with Mother Nature, so what? Whatcha gonna do about it, huh?
We are the US Government, no body is supposed to question us!!!! " :@@

Your thoughts.......

edit on 11-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The only things that gives in my mind credence to all the haarp conspiracies is crap like this.

Sure its now in the hands of the people that made the corpse eating robot yay!

That and why does every major country in the world operate these types of arrays?
edit on 11-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was under the impression that DARPA had already taken over HAARP. I have known that this was occurring for some time, and maybe I just assumed it had already occurred. I watched some of the program you are referring to, and I have to say, the guy that was interviewed, the one you are referring to who stated that there were over 200 bases worldwide, is absolutely full of it. He gave me the indication of not knowing what he was talking about. And it appeared to me that he was using his previous experiences to make himself look more credible, but I don't believe he witnessed anything.

Having been in the military I have an idea of how things are done. And what he described just set off my BS meter, to quote Joe Rogan, lol, and I really do think he is lying. Maybe he believes what he says, but I don't think anyone should take his word for it. I am disappointed with the entire Joe Rogan hosting the show to begin with. I feel that they should create a show of a similar nature, but should have scientists or people who know more about what they are talking about to do the investigating. As Rogan himself said, he is too stupid to know what to believe, lol. His words, not mine.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread/info, one of what I haven't had time to look into lately.

Here's the show, 'Joe Rogan Questions Everything ~ EP02 ~ Weaponized Weather' for those who also didn't catch it yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Yeah, we weren't to impressed with the show's format either.
Jesse Ventura did a better job with Conspiracy Theory, he made it more interesting, regardless of whether you believed him or not.

The man in question stated first that the workers were told different stories as to what was going on.
With that said, how would he know how many bases are worldwide?
He wouldn't, he's just a grunt, so to speak.
[But then again, how did Snowden get a hold of the info he got, being low on the totem pole?]

I wouldn't doubt other installations some where, but I doubt it would be called HAARP.
They may be closing that particular one to stop people's curiosity and rumors as to what is really going on behind closed doors.

Start over at a new facility and new name.

edit on 11-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Funding issues? Perhaps it would be better funded and justified by moving it to DARPA?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Yeah, we weren't to impressed with the show's format either.

And neither is he... Start at 41:18 he discusses this...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

They may be closing that particular one to stop people's curiosity and rumors as to what is really going on behind closed doors.

They actually closed due to funding...

HAARP put the world on notice two years ago that it would be shutting down and did not submit a budget request for FY 15, Keeney said, “but no one paid any attention.” Now, he says, they’re complaining. “People came unglued,” Keeney said, noting that he’s already had inquiries from Congress. Universities that depended upon HAARP research grants also are upset, he said.

The proximate cause of HAARP’s early May shutdown was less fiscal than environmental, Keeney said. As he explained it, the diesel generators on site no longer pass Clean Air Act muster. Repairing them to meet EPA standards will run $800,000. Beyond that, he said, it costs $300,000 a month just to keep the facility open and $500,000 to run it at full capacity for 10 days.

www.arrl.org...

Sorry to spoil the fun but it is all about the benjamins...or money for those who don't know what benjamins are.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Here's the show, 'Joe Rogan Questions Everything ~ EP02 ~ Weaponized Weather' for those who also didn't catch it yet.

I must also add that one of our own is also in this episode...

Uncinus is discussing the HAARP experiment with Brooks Agnew. He also discusses chemtrails..

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

That was my knee jerk reaction as typically thats the main motive behind such changes in DOD and Government in General
Moolaahs

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

They actually closed due to funding...

Yes, I realize that.
But since this is in the conspiracy forum, I thought WTH, who really believes any thing the government tells us?
What better way to shut the people up about what really goes on at HAARP than to say "due to funding, we're closing it."
Like the government is short of money.........oh that's a good one.

Just kidding, nothing to see here, move along......

[Just to add, if they did move it to another complex, we wouldn't hear about it until a leak surfaced. And it would have a different code/project name.]

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Like the government is short of money.........oh that's a good one

Nobody said the government is short of money, in fact the Air Force has possession of it until a new contractor takes over.

As things stand, the Air Force has possession for now, but if no other agency steps forward to take over HAARP, the unique facility will be dismantled, Keeney said. He pointed out that it would cost less to bulldoze the antenna field than it would to replace the 180 antenna elements.

www.arrl.org...

Looks as though the gov't isn't interested in keeping it going..I wonder why that is?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

[Just to add, if they did move it to another complex, we wouldn't hear about it until a leak surfaced. And it would have a different code/project name.]

So which one do you think they would go to?

In America, there are two related ionospheric heating facilities: the HIPAS, near Fairbanks, Alaska, which was dismantled in 2009, and (currently offline for reconstruction) one at the Arecibo Observatory[16] in Puerto Rico. The European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association (EISCAT) operates an ionospheric heating facility, capable of transmitting over 1 GW effective radiated power (ERP), near Tromsø, Norway.[17] Russia has the Sura Ionospheric Heating Facility, in Vasilsursk near Nizhniy Novgorod, capable of transmitting 190 MW ERP.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They probably figured out a way to do the same job from orbit using a classified array of military satellites..
Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
They probably figured out a way to do the same job from orbit using a classified array of military satellites..
Just a thought...

The sun essentially does the same thing on the other side of the ionosphere. There would be no need to do it with satellites, we can just monitor how badly the sun kick our arse.

top topics

join