It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father kills son, himself during supervised visit at YWCA office

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
A guy in New Hampshire shot and killed his 9 year old son and then himself during a supervised parental visit at the YWCA.

Its not really saying why the visits were supervised although now it seems pretty clear.

It says the parents shared custody so not sure why it was supervised..

A counselor was in the room when it happened but escaped unharmed.

bigstory.ap.org...

New Hampshire man shot his 9-year-old son to death before taking his own life during supervised visitation at a YWCA office, officials said Sunday.

An adult supervisor was present when Muni Savyon, 54, of Manchester, took out a handgun and shot 9-year-old Joshua Savyon of Amherst before shooting himself around 10 a.m., the attorney general's office said.

The father sent an email to a friend suggesting he was suicidal before the shootings, said Rabbi Levi Krinsky of Chabad Lubavitch in Manchester. Krinsky said Savyon had been depressed after recently returning from his brother's funeral in Israel but he had seen him last week and had no concerns he would harm himself or someone else.

I predict this one case will change the way supervised visits and custody exchanges are handled throughout the US.

Its going to be like getting on a plane.. Scanned, searched groped

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
I predict this one case will change the way supervised visits and custody exchanges are handled throughout the US.
Its going to be like getting on a plane.. Scanned, searched groped

Yep, says this right at the bottom of the page.

"We have to be more and more alert to mental illness and people who're depressed," he said.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I know a few will rant and hate the father for what he did, but personally I cant help but feel for the guy. Seems like he couldn't bare to be parted from his son and (because of his beliefs) saw this as a way to solve the problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I know a few will rant and hate the father for what he did, but personally I cant help but feel for the guy. Seems like he couldn't bare to be parted from his son and (because of his beliefs) saw this as a way to solve the problem.

Well I think the guy is a selfish piece of S@#$ and I would be happy to shoot him again.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Well I think the guy is a selfish piece of S@#$ and I would be happy to shoot him again.

I could be tempted to think like that, but there's very little background info in the linky, so we can only make our own assumptions as to what was going on.
Selfish? maybe, then again maybe he knew the kid was doomed to a life of absolute misery, and if the guy had a mental illness maybe to him this was the answer, especially if he believes they'll be together in some heaven somewhere, if thats the case then is he still selfish? after all, he sent himself there too.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I agree. I love my son more than anything I could possibly imagine. It's painful how much I love him, yet I could NEVER even conceive of hurting him or shortening his life to suit my own selfish needs.

Did this guy really think they'd have the same destination in the afterlife?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You scare me....really.

Des

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This just breaks my heart!

Like I wasn't already weepy and teary eyed enough.
It's just gonna be one of those weeks.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You scare me....really.

Des

What scares me more is people who make judgment without knowing all the facts. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Maybe he felt that way about his son? That would make you the same as him, wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

What scares me more is people who make judgment without knowing all the facts. Wouldn't you agree?

The only fact I need is he shot his 9 year old son, No excuse for that ever imo.

He probably did it to get back at his x and had nothing to do with how much he missed his son.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The only fact I need is he shot his 9 year old son, No excuse for that ever imo.

He probably did it to get back at his x and had nothing to do with how much he missed his son.

See that word you used? That means you are making judgment without knowing the facts, true?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

See that word you used? That means you are making judgment without knowing the facts, true?

Yeah but I bet i'm right

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yeah but I bet i'm right

So, you'd

be happy to shoot him again.
because you

bet i'm right

I'm not saying the man was a saint, far from it, but this is ATS and we should have learnt by now not to make judgement without knowing all the facts.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you want to take your own life, then take your own life.

But to take another human's life with you ?!

Unacceptable, morbidly selfish, pathetically self-centered, and absolutely unforgivable.

Period.

Who gives a damn what the story is ?!

There's no excuse to take someone else's life too... especially a child's !

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

When we start judging without the facts we are going backwards! We've already had people in this thread saying they would shoot the guy, even though they admit they dont have all the facts.

What a dangerous world we live in!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You scare me....really.

Des

The only *fact* that counts to me is. An innocent 9 year old child was murdered, by his father! And the fact, that somehow you think there might be a good enough reason for the father to have done this. In my opinion, that makes your thinking processes, unstable...like the father.

Des

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You scare me....really.

Des

The only *fact* that counts to me is. An innocent 9 year old child was murdered, by his father! And the fact, that somehow you think there might be a good enough reason for the father to have done this. In my opinion, that makes your thinking processes, unstable...like the father.

Des

If you want to attack my posts fine, but dont attack me please, you know nothing about me!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You scare me....really.

Des

Des

Please explain where I said there was a "Good enough" reason to murder a child?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I do know something about you. I know you are seemingly ready to defend the position of a father who killed his innocent 9 year old son! That is a LOT to know about you. JMOHO....

Des

top topics

<<   2 >>

join