It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I completely agree flying the 1st dog sounds pretty crazy. Maybe he/she wasn't the only reason for the extra flight? I have no idea, but it does sound pretty crazy.

Here's a good article on presidential "vacations". Enjoy

www.csmonitor.com...(page)/2

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by research100

oh for christsakes the dog goes on air force one with the family, he doesn't fly on a separate plane... as reported in the washington post,politico, and the grio 

Your Snopes article admits that 'Bo' flew on on separate aircraft (not Airforce One) on two occasions. . In 2010 and on this latest trip.
Did you actually read your linked article, 'for christsakes'?

edit on 13-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

YES I DID.. apparently you didn't..here is the IMPORTANT part you left out

when they flew to MAINE the local bar harbor airport was too small and they had to fly on a smaller plane, bo road on the earlier flight with the staff members who were already going

so why did you leave that out???????????????????????????

edit on 13-8-2013 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by research100

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by research100

oh for christsakes the dog goes on air force one with the family, he doesn't fly on a separate plane... as reported in the washington post,politico, and the grio 

Your Snopes article admits that 'Bo' flew on on separate aircraft (not Airforce One) on two occasions. . In 2010 and on this latest trip.
Did you actually read your linked article, 'for christsakes'?

edit on 13-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

YES I DID.. apparently you didn't..here is the IMPORTANT part you left out

when they flew to MAINE the local bar harbor airport was too small and they had to fly on a smaller plane, bo road on the earlier flight with the staff members who were already going

so why did you leave that out???????????????????????????

edit on 13-8-2013 by research100 because: dang spelling

You said:

oh for christsakes the dog goes on air force one with the family, he doesn't fly on a separate plane...

Snopes lists two different instances where the dog flew on a separate plane, not on Air Force One.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
AGAIN you are ignoring the elephant in the room....the dog doesn't get his own plane as the thread implied, sometimes he is on airforce one and sometimes he flies on the other plane that is already booked for the rest of the staff.

so he flies with the pres family or he flies with the staff , quit making this into something it is not

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
AGAIN you are ignoring the elephant in the room....the dog doesn't get his own plane as the thread implied, sometimes he is on airforce one and sometimes he flies on the other plane that is already booked for the rest of the staff.

so he flies with the pres family or he flies with the staff , quit making this into something it is not

I simply pointed out the error in your original post. You were in error.
Then I pointed it out again because you didn't seem to understand.
I won't bother pointing it out again. I think you understand.

You do realize that the kind people that we are talking about have huge egos, right? That's how they get to the position that they are in life.

Barbara Streisand requires rose petals to be floating on the water in the toilet bowl in her hotel suites... or she just can't make her poopies.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Another Obama hating thread... Classic ATS

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
Another Obama hating thread... Classic ATS

Why ?

Why do people not hold this guy accountable for anything he does ?

WHY ?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Caligula gave his horse a seat on the senate.

He Nay-ed every motion on the floor.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why? Why don't you ever address my points that show what flim-flam your arguments are? WHY???

Now Obama is about to appoint the felonious perjurer James Clapper to head some intelligence oversight committee -- talk about the fox guarding the hen house. Yet I don't see you posting on that thread to voice your outrage. Rather you go on with your Tea-Baggin' pearl-clutching about much to do about business as usual in Washington DC and the POTUS.

Is it because James Clapper is not half African American, that you don't mind him? I really don't get it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationGap

I can distinctly remember extreme vacationing being called out about Bush because I was one of them and there were a lot of people who agreed with the sentiment.

At the time there were also a lot of people who defended Bushie saying, "Oh but the Presidency is soooo tough and he needs breaks".

Now it seems likely the people who defended Bush are attacking Obama; and the people who attacked Bush are defending Obama. Hypocrisy from the sheople abounds.

FALSE EQUIVALENCE!

Rev. Al says:

Barack Obama "has taken 92 days of vacation since he was sworn in," compared to 367 for President George W. Bush at the same point in his presidency.

Our ruling:

Sharpton said that Obama "has taken 92 days of vacation since he was sworn in," compared to 367 for President George W. Bush at the same point in his presidency. While this discrepancy is explained by the fact that Bush often worked from a family home in Texas whereas Obama has no equivalent family retreat, Sharpton has correctly cited data from the leading authority, CBS News’ Mark Knoller. The statement is accurate but needs clarification or additional information, so we rate the statement Mostly True.

[url=http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/aug/12/al-sharpton/al-sharpton-defends-obama-family-vacation-saying-g]Politifact.com[/url ]

(for some reason the link coding didn't appear to work in the preview, so I apologize ahead of time if it doesn't work in the post either)

Bush II had 4 times as many vacation days. There is a reason that people were grousing about it.

Obama is on track to have about 20 vacation days a year, which isn't an out-of-line amount for a CEO or person with the most seniority. Does it get more than most Americans? Yes. No doubt he needs them. His job is quite stressful. At least he isn't napping during cabinet meetings like Ronald Reagan, who in addition clearly had early-onset Alzheimer's while in office.

The faux outrage over this matter is ridiculous. There are plenty of threads at ATS roundly criticizing Obama for things he rightly deserves severe criticism for. Try concentrating on such matters instead of this ridiculous stuff, if you really want to criticize the president for something he did that is truly unseemly or illegal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Barack Obama "has taken 92 days of vacation since he was sworn in," compared to 367 for President George W. Bush at the same point in his presidency.

Look at that in a different perspective.

Maybe Bush was more efficient and better at doing his job.

And better at handling phony scandals

Obama has his hands full managing all the cover ups, especially with all the dunder heads that surround him

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Why do people not hold this guy accountable for anything he does ?

Accountable for what???

Snopes already debunked this BS
www.snopes.com...

Maybe folks are looking to hold the Right-Wingers accountable for the unending stream of BS?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Well first off this is not the only thread on ATS nor is it the only conversation I am having so sorry someone isn't getting the attention they want.

As to Al Sharpton and 'Political Fact'. :

While this discrepancy is explained by the fact that Bush often worked from a family home in Texas w

Futhermore Bush didn't preside over 17 trillion dollars deficits, 47% of Americans working part time, near 50 million Americans on food stamps, where 4 out of 5 Americans are near poverty, with no prospect for work.

Then Bush didn't pass Obamacare, nor was responsible for IRS scandals,. or Fast and furious, nor preside over the largest spying expansion of Americans in this nations history.

Faux outrage ?

Tell that to Stevens Family, Tell that to millions of Americans without a pot to pee in all so someone can deflect crying about GWB.

From where I set this nation had more people working under GWB this nation had half the deficts, and Stevens was alive,the IRS targeting Americans for their political ideology was not happening.

I agree anyone pushing GWB in this thread is pushing a FALSE EQUIVALENCE to carry the administrations water.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join