First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Were you Obama haters as upset about all the vacations Bush II took? As far as I know he has the record for vacation time.

Stop political trolling please.

WHO IS THE CURRENT POTUS ?

WHO ?

That has presided over 100 million Americans on food aid, 47% of Americans working part time, where 4 out of 5 Americans are near poverty, and no work.

WHO ?

Stop political trolling?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Talk about deflecting. I asked why you had no problem with Bush II, who started and continued for the bulk of his presidency two catastrophic wars for this country, and who did jack when we were attack, and even less when Hurricane Katrina hit, taking the most vacation days on record for a president.

I know who is president now, and I know this country has problems. I also mentioned in my first post in this thread, that I have a lot of problems with Obama's policies and mendacity, but that the complaint of this thread is plain ridiculous.

I love it how the Obama and Democrat haters have to resort to calling people, who point out the double standard of these conservative complainers, political trolls because they disagree and point out the inconsistency of those making egregiously biased political criticisms.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

POTUS, FLOTUS & FiDOTUS - saw it in a comment section. Classic.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Stop political trolling?

What is the topic eh?

First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

Feel free to quote GWB anywhere in the op or that article.

Have anything of substance ?

GWB is deflecting for the record because someone doesn't want to talk about Obama.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

this is why he wanted the most important job in the world arguably ......to spend his time in retired mode...

you don't get family time or time off or stress free time.....YOU ARE THE F- ING PRESIDENT.

The country is in crisis ......what the hell is he thinking. where is everyone that called George bush out on all his vacation time.....I was one of those people and it is still not acceptable.

If he can't handle the stress resign already and let a more capable person take a swing at the fundamentally important job to our country's prosperity and well being.....

take it easy when you retire not when the job REALLY needs you.

edit on 12-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I was responding to all the people complaining about Obama taking a vacation, and then I responded to yours saying I was politically trolling.

I readily agree that all the pomp and circumstance, and luxury provided the President is disgusting and a waste of tax dollars -- not too mention creating an aura of royal figure. Multiple aircraft necessary to take the president, his family and their luggage, and their dog on vacation: total B.S.

But I'll again say this: this kind of crap has been going on for a long time, and I still question why it is all of a sudden an issue with Obama.

However, thinking about the couple of Osprey involved, I then began thinking about all the US military aircraft flying about everyday, and all the perks given to generals and admirals, and the fact that the US has more flag officers than ever before (and what a bang-up job they've been doing for some years now), and realized that these extraneous expenses for the first family's vacation is just a drop in the bucket, and part and parcel of all the other money wasted by the US government on its various VIPs. There's that underground train in Washington for congress, and they have their own dining hall, etc.

I'm all for cutting such governmental waste for the president on down. But address the issue as a whole, rather than make it about the supposedly unusual excesses of this president, because that argument just doesn't hold water, and detracts from the overarching issue.

Yes, so much money and effort being squandered schlepping the first family around for their vacation is atrocious. Even more atrocious is giving billions to various so-called allies as well as to bribe militants in Iraq and Afghanistan. One could go on with a litany of wasted government dollars. Address the issue as a whole, rather than pointing out the money wasted on the president's vacation. Otherwise the argument does come off as political trolling, which does nothing for creating a political consensus that the US government is out of control -- spending-wise and power-wise.

Also, why don't you admonish all the posters from your Obama-hating choir to stick to the issue of the dog being flown-in in a separate aircraft, rather than digressing on the matter of the president taking a vacation. Why single out my criticism of this lame criticism on their parts?

This will be my last post in this thread. Want a parting shot? Go ahead, be my guest.

edit on 12-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by TXTriker
So he takes a vacation (again). Do we have to pay to airlift the dog on a separate aircraft? The dog couldn't fly with them?

Your not really foolish enough to believe the dog has his own aircraft are you? He flies with equipment and staff. You know the equipment and staff a Persident takes on vacation because when you President your idea of a vacation day or a day off at all is only 8 hours of work. Every President we have to have these stupid vacation threads like the President is really off. Nobody is dumb enough to belive that are they?

In aircraft that the article states have never been used for this purpose before. And no, I don't believe he works while he's in the White House so why would I believe he works while he's on vacation.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think because of all the political hype that people dramatically overestimate the impact that the office of the POTUS has on American life in general.

Then again, the Cheney/Bush era policies sure did a number on the state of affairs..

But even for the fabled Humpty Dumpty, there was nothing that could be done.

He's just a figurehead, he isn't about to solve all the problems or, make things so bad such that all the blame for America's woes can be laid at his feet.

The whole thing is a delusion of sorts, unless we're talking about the Bush/Cheney era where the impact, all bad, was quite extreme.

That Obama hasn't been able to heroically SAVE the whole country from that dire mess created seems to be what makes him the brunt of such ridicule and loathing and how sad and pathetic is that?

Best regards,

NAM

edit on 12-8-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This story isn't any more true this time around than the last time. But thanks for playing.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't mind the pres taking vacations. He is on duty 24/7.
You may or may not like the job he is doing, but he is the one in charge.
Now I do have a problem with him and his family traveling separately. Sometimes leaving mere hours apart.
The dog should have traveled with the family.
This pres is always talking about cutting back and carbon footprints but as they say "do as i say not as I do"

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The Obama's are going to do what they want to do, whether it leaves a bad impression or not. They know that their detractors are going to bash them no matter what they do, and the people that love them are not going to care what he does as long as the handouts keep coming. Most politicians are that way. If they take 20 vacs a year, whatever. If they fly a dog on his own plane, whatever. He's been doing this since 2008, and still got reelected, so he's got the sheeple read pretty darn well, I'd say.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by GenerationGap

People "on the left", as you call them, aren't defending Obama by saying "but Bush took vacations too", but rather are asking "why hasn't this been an issue with other presidents, in particular Bush, who had the record for days of vacation?"

Presidents, congress and the Supreme Court have always had summer breaks. Why the indignation over it only now for Obama? Obviously it is something more than an issue with the POTUS taking a vacation.

I can distinctly remember extreme vacationing being called out about Bush because I was one of them and there were a lot of people who agreed with the sentiment.

At the time there were also a lot of people who defended Bushie saying, "Oh but the Presidency is soooo tough and he needs breaks".

Now it seems likely the people who defended Bush are attacking Obama; and the people who attacked Bush are defending Obama. Hypocrisy from the sheople abounds.

These "leaders" in DC agree with each other more than they disagree. In fact, the only thing different between Obama and Bush is their thoughts on how to sell the same eventuality to the sheople. The message is different, but the results are deliberately the same. But we are a fan boy culture, rather than a culture of critical thinkers. This fan boyism rears it's head in every walk of life. Read video game articles and people will side with PS3 or XBOX to the death. Read a sports article and comments will side with San Francisco or Green Bay. Read a phone technology article and the fan boys will side with Android or iOS. Read a WWE article and people will side with Macho Man or Hulk Hogan. From a very early age we have been indoctrinated to pick a side and stick by it; regardless of the hypocrisy needed to do so. That's where the mind trap is that most people seem to be living in.

The problem isn't Bush, the problem isn't Obama, the problem is 49% of America will always argue for the dbag with an R and 49% of America will always argue for the dbag with a D:::and none of these people will wake up and realize there is little to no difference in the product either deliver:::including the way they absorb our and waste our time and money. The discourse in DC is as real as a Jim McMahon title bout; only we don't call them title bouts, we call it elections. And as long as the main power paradigm is thousands of miles away, instead of in the hands of ourselves and neighbors, we will all be miserably arguing for "our" guy.

Stop defending any of these power drunk elitist controllers. It's okay to recognize the truth, they are both equally asinine.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Want to talk about cuts we should start by cutting their wages in half.
edit on 13-8-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Is he not allowed to have time off? The stress that any American president endures has to be relieved somehow, if golf helps him refresh and re-focus then so be it. He really is attacked for anything on this site.

Attack his policys, not his activitys while on holiday for god sake.

Do people living in their car because they lost their job get a day off? Do the returning vets coming home with blown out legs or ptsd get a day off? What about the people that do work 40, 50, 60 hours a week and 2 jobs and can't afford a vacation?

With all due respect, and especially considering his salary, the man has absolutely no right to ever take a vacation or a day off. You're supposed to lead by example, not spend your time playing golf, airlifting dogs and sitting in the sun on the tax payer's dime.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Maybe the dog just "Caught a ride"? You don't know, it doesnt give a reason.

The purpose of the flight was to ferry the dog to the family.

As busy as the president yet you can't afford a babysitter? Tsk, tsk, tsk life decisions.

Yep, it was my decision to become a single father.... the mother had zero to do with it.

I'll bet you can rack up quite the post count on an internet forum though. That you have time for.

Not everyone types as slowly as you do.

Maybe you should check out the OP.
If you are all good with paying the kind of money that it takes to give the dog a ride to Martha's Vineyard on a V-22 Osprey, then I guess we don't have a lot to talk about.
You would never complain about what the military spends on a hammer, right?

oh for christsakes the dog goes on air force one with the family, he doesn't fly on a separate plane... as reported in the washington post,politico, and the grio

www.snopes.com...
edit on 13-8-2013 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by research100

oh for christsakes the dog goes on air force one with the family, he doesn't fly on a separate plane... as reported in the washington post,politico, and the grio 

Your Snopes article admits that 'Bo' flew on on separate aircraft (not Airforce One) on two occasions. . In 2010 and on this latest trip.
Did you actually read your linked article, 'for christsakes'?

edit on 13-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by research100

Your Snopes article admits that 'Bo' flew on on separate aircraft (not Airforce One) on two occasions. . In 2010 and on this latest trip.
Did you actually read your linked article, 'for christsakes'?

edit on 13-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Fan boyism trumps critical thinking, yet again.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationGap

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by GenerationGap

People "on the left", as you call them, aren't defending Obama by saying "but Bush took vacations too", but rather are asking "why hasn't this been an issue with other presidents, in particular Bush, who had the record for days of vacation?"

Presidents, congress and the Supreme Court have always had summer breaks. Why the indignation over it only now for Obama? Obviously it is something more than an issue with the POTUS taking a vacation.

I can distinctly remember extreme vacationing being called out about Bush because I was one of them and there were a lot of people who agreed with the sentiment.

At the time there were also a lot of people who defended Bushie saying, "Oh but the Presidency is soooo tough and he needs breaks".

Now it seems likely the people who defended Bush are attacking Obama; and the people who attacked Bush are defending Obama. Hypocrisy from the sheople abounds.

This. I see this ALL of the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Meanwhile, people are working 2-5 jobs just to get by and barely get a chance to sleep only to pay into more taxes and hiked price, inflation and so on. Obama is a Boss, not a leader. The attached picture is very much related.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
Meanwhile, people are working 2-5 jobs just to get by and barely get a chance to sleep only to pay into more taxes and hiked price, inflation and so on. Obama is a Boss, not a leader. The attached picture is very much related.

That's the picture!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Reading the title, I was expecting the discussion would focus more on Bo rather than Obama...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join