It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Tell me how many Americans get to take multiple vacations throughout the year ?

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

When most people don't have jobs or work part time.

I didn't get any vacation this year. Couldn't afford it.

If my kids hamster needs to go on vacation with us, I will be forced to haul it along with us in the car, since we don't have a V-22 Osprey handy to fetch it for us.

That sounds tough. You still have weekends and holidays, right? Like imagine if you were always at your job 24/7 like the president and everything you did was publicly scrutinized for eight straight years. Wow, I couldn't handle that! Thank god we have person like Obama who is willing to sacrifice his life as a human for us.
edit on 12-8-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Nice if that were true.
I am the number two man at the company that I work for and am on call 24-7.

He not only volunteered for the job.... he spent a great deal of other people's money campaigning for it.
If I volunteer to run for President and win.... and use the NSA to spy on the American people... then lie about it and make light of it.... then I will fully expect the wrath of the populace.
edit on 12-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by neo96

Tell me how many Americans get to take multiple vacations throughout the year ?

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

When most people don't have jobs or work part time.

I didn't get any vacation this year. Couldn't afford it.

If my kids hamster needs to go on vacation with us, I will be forced to haul it along with us in the car, since we don't have a V-22 Osprey handy to fetch it for us.

That sounds tough. You still have weekends and holidays, right? Like imagine if you were always at your job 24/7 like the president and everything you did was publicly scrutinized for eight straight years. Wow, I couldn't handle that! Thank god we have person like Obama who is willing to sacrifice his life as a human for us.

Nice if that were true.
I am the number two man at the company that I work for and am on call 24-7.

So your are as busy and as overworked as the president (THE GUY WHO IS THE LEADER OF ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL NATIONS IN THE EXISTENCE OF MANKIND) and you still can't afford a vacation? Dude, I goof off at wal-mart for a living and i can still afford a vacation. Maybe its time to rethink your life decisions, not the presidents.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If the Vacationer -In-Chief worked any less, I'd wonder what we pay him for at all. It's campaign event to political speech to right wing roast for dinner somewhere almost every day and then.. Oh goodness yes... We need a vacation every several weeks.

It's not even a "vacation" like almost every other President has had with a "working White House" literally built into places like Reagan's Ranch and Crawford, Texas. Nope... THIS President is so special he needs to go to a new and truly "clean" vacation spot every time to make the Secret Service basically build it all, over again, each time.

Yeah... He;'s not egotistical or feeling entitled at all. Not one bit. I'm sure we'll have cake after all.

We deserve that much with his high flying around the globe and the "rich" people vacationing spots, don't we? Errr... Instead we get told about austerity and more cuts to everything, in every direction.

When's the last time the 'ol Obama family entertainment budget took a cut of ANY kind?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

So your are as busy and as overworked as the president (THE GUY WHO IS THE LEADER OF ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL NATIONS IN THE EXISTENCE OF MANKIND) and you still can't afford a vacation?

I don't know, am I as busy and overworked as the President?
Do I have someone to take care of my 8 and 10 year old children (I am a single father).
I know that I don't have time for GOLFING. The President seems to have time for it.
And 'shooting skeet all the time' at Camp David.

Maybe its time to rethink your life decisions, not the presidents.

Maybe it is time for that arrogant President of ours to rethink how he brings his dog on vacation with him.

edit on 12-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

So no one is allowed to have a vacation because you can't have one?

Get a better job and stop trying to spread your misery on everyone..

Actually no he is not allowed time off. I dont get any time off, why should he? I work over 40 hours a week, I work double shifts, I work over time, I work 6 days a week.

I DO get paid time off. I DO get sick leave, medical leave, and I have benefits coming out of my ears.

You're a liar as your statements above directly contradict one another.

I pay child support. LOTS of child support.

You shouldn't have had a kid if you can't handle child support.

There is a reason that I am barely scraping by, and it has everything to do with Government.

No, it's your fault, you produced a child. You KNEW child support was a possibility.

No baby = no child support.

edit on 12-8-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by MrWendal

So no one is allowed to have a vacation because you can't have one?

Get a better job and stop trying to spread your misery on everyone.

No, people are entitled to take a vacation if they can. I have no issue with that. What I do take issue with is a PUBLIC SERVANT (which is what the President of the US is), taking multiple vacations on the taxpayers dime while so many other Americans are unemployed, under employed, and struggling to make ends meet. I have an issue with cost continuing to go up, while the President continues to spend money that is not even his.

Tell you what.....

Next time President Obama is on TV telling you how you need to sacrifice more, be less selfish and give more to others- just remember that he gives nothing and is spending the money you paid with your tax dollars on his family's vacations. Not even just his family, but his dog as well. Yes, his dog gets it's own private jet of luxury paid for by your tax dollars, while you are being told that the Government may have to cut grandma's medicaid because it has gotten to expensive.

I am amazed at those of you who defend this or fail to see why it is an issue. Simply amazed, but ignorance is bliss so I guess it makes some sense.
edit on 12-8-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I don't know, am I as busy and overworked as the President?

No matter what you think, i seriously doubt you are.

Do I have someone to take care of my 8 and 10 year old children (I am a single father).

As busy as the president yet you can't afford a babysitter? Tsk, tsk, tsk life decisions.

I know that I don't have time for GOLFING. The President seems to have time for it.

I'll bet you can rack up quite the post count on an internet forum though. That you have time for.

Maybe it is time for that arrogant President of ours to rethink how he brings his dog on vacation with him.

Maybe the dog just "Caught a ride"? You don't know, it doesnt give a reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
You're a liar as your statements above directly contradict one another.

No I am not lair, you are just too simple minded to understand what I am saying. So let me try this again...

I get paid time off from work. I can NOT afford to use it. To be more specific, I work in hospitality. So beyond my paycheck, I also get tips. By taking my paid time off, I give up the tips. So it is not actually financially worth it for me to use that paid time off.

You shouldn't have had a kid if you can't handle child support.

I can handle the support just fine, and have. What I can not handle is paying it more than once. There is a difference and if you can not understand simple math than perhaps you need to spend less time on ATS and more time taking online math classes.

No, it's your fault, you produced a child. You KNEW child support was a possibility.

No baby = no child support.

I LOVE how you cherry pick statements, but ignore the point.

Let me ask you some pointed and direct questions...

Should a person who pays child support be forced to pay it twice?

If you have ONE child, how many child support order should you be required to pay?

I am paying my child support a second time over. My issue is not with child support, I have paid it. My issue is with paying it over for a second time because the state refuses to acknowledge the previous payments. My issue is with paying not one, not two, but 3 separate child support orders, to 3 different states, for the same ONE child.

If I had 3 kids, then I have nothing to complain about. However that is simply not the case. I have ONE child- that I am paying 3 different States for.

Again this is very simple math. 1 + 0 = 1. Not 3. Not 2.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I know I'm gonna get $**t for saying this by some but i only blame the people who voted for the first king of America Obama not for the change that he promised but because he was black. I know people might think its not true that only a small portion of people voted because he is black but we all know that a large portion voted for him in the first term victory than normal.

and what did you all get, you got a celebrity hungry President, a man who seems to spend more time on the golf course than anyone other President, dont get me wrong, over here in the UK we're not doing as well, i mean look who we have as our prime minister, a man who looks like a Lego block, I would say that we all screwed up.

you know what, forget what i just said because writing this comment i released something that's been said to me a dozen times. Politicians only make promises when they need your vote then they forget the promises and move onto something else. One thought though, shouldn't politicians be made to make any promise legal, what i mean is when they promise something like LOW TAXES or HELPING THE POOR they should have to sign a contract that states they will stick to it.

Anyway sorry about the ramble but when i get a thought i like to put it out there.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Maybe the dog just "Caught a ride"? You don't know, it doesnt give a reason.

The purpose of the flight was to ferry the dog to the family.

As busy as the president yet you can't afford a babysitter? Tsk, tsk, tsk life decisions.

Yep, it was my decision to become a single father.... the mother had zero to do with it.

I'll bet you can rack up quite the post count on an internet forum though. That you have time for.

Not everyone types as slowly as you do.

Maybe you should check out the OP.
If you are all good with paying the kind of money that it takes to give the dog a ride to Martha's Vineyard on a V-22 Osprey, then I guess we don't have a lot to talk about.
You would never complain about what the military spends on a hammer, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I like it when he is on vacation because he is not screwing something up. Either way, POTUS is costing me money, whether he is on vacation or not.

I'm still thinking it's best for this country when he is on vacation. Of course I was hoping he would take a permanent vacation, but others didn't seem to feel the same as I did.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

*shrug*

You don't have to visit a tropical island for it to be a "vacation". Shoot, I could have gotten in my car, grabbed my tent and fishing pole and caught me some reds this weekend. It was rainy, so I decided not to have a "mini-vacation" and catch some salmon. Besides, my brother-in-law gave me some of his catch anyway.

Sometimes a good campfire and 1-3 days in nature a few times a summer is just the ticket!

At least he's not hiding on a ranch in TX. Granted that ranch probably cost the taxpayers less money than some of these lavish vacations Obama takes. If I were Bush Jr. .... I probably would have hid out in TX too. I don't really think that man wanted to be president.

If you're really hard up for a vacation, DO NOT watch Wealth TV. It'll just depress the hell out of you. LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm wondering how much it costs the tax payers every time Bo drops a duce?

We all know the King, Queen and the two Princesses aren't taking care of him.
edit on 12-8-2013 by
edit on 12-8-2013 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You really don't pay attention to the real world do you? Many CEO's and other manager positions get multiple vacations per year many companies give more vacation time based on length of employment.

Nice deflection what is the topic about ?

What ?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I love reading the comments from the brain washed sheople on both the right and left. This thread is illuminating those on the left.

Comments like:

"How can you bash Obama for vacation when George Bush vacationed just as much if not more!?"

Seriously? That's your argument?

George Bush is a dbag, and I got news for you, Barrack Obama is just as much of a dbag, if not more.

Instead of standing up and speaking out to excuse the ludicrousness and waste of resources that is Washington DC, why don't we band together and stop all representatives from living lavish off our sweat and toils?

People need to realize something: The media maligning the Occupy movement was done for the same reason they maligned the TEA party movement.

Occupy was widely opposed to large out of control corporations. The TEA Party was opposed to large out of control government. If those two sides ever realized that big business and big government are the same entity and worked together with each other they would form the largest movement in the history of the US; and over throw both big business and big government. :::::Which is why big corporation media and big government talking heads slandered both the TEA and Occupy movements and set them against each other!:::::

And yet, people still defend big business and big government; like many right here the thread. It's unreal.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Why does an employer have to pay for your vacation?

Employers pay for work, not for you to take a vacation.

Wrong many companies give paid vacations. If a company doesn't give their employee a paid vacation then they are some cheap SOB's.

My husband gets 1 week paid vacation a year. Now can we actually afford to GO ANYWHERE... that's another story.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

Please, download Firefox and use it's built in spell check function. Now, on to the meat of your little post. For starters, do you know how many people are unemployed in the United States? How many live on government hand-outs? You should, you're a member here.

And what exactly, has Obama done to warrant this time off? Nothing. Last time I checked, our economy was still going down the drain, our deficit? How about "toughing it out" (which I would call doing your job for any other president) and do some damn work?

If Obama was a diligent president, doing his job, I would warmly welcome him taking time off. It's like vacation inception, his whole presidency has been a vacation which he now is taking another vacation from.

My understanding on this whole affair is that RE ELECTION is the VACATIUON TIME.
How sad a state we are in that is US working class of PEOPLE.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Were you Obama haters as upset about all the vacations Bush II took? As far as I know he has the record for vacation time. He also read a book about goats to kindergarteners while the country was being attacked, and then he went and hid for most of a week. Did you complain about these aspects of Bush II's job performance?

Also seem to remember that Dick Nixon was also taking time off at San Clemente -- he also had a second vacation home in Florida.

As for Obama, he seems to be turning grey, like all presidents do, so I would say he seems to be doing the usual amount of work and worrying that presidents do. Do I care for all or even most of his policies and even consider all of them legal and constitutional? No. But I don't complain about ridiculous things like this. If you really feel presidents don't deserve vacation time, then you really came to the party late on this matter.

@Neo, as for your claiming deflection regarding someone bringing up the fact that congress and the Supreme Court also take long summer breaks, you didn't seem to have enough of a problem with their breaks to mention it in the same post complaining about Obama's. Is that because you expect him to work like a slave for some reason or another...

And anyone who doesn't think a presidents vacation is a working one, i.e. he's still in contact with his advisors and cabinet, etc., is simply naive. What a bunch of trolls you folks are.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Were you Obama haters as upset about all the vacations Bush II took? As far as I know he has the record for vacation time.

Stop political trolling please.

WHO IS THE CURRENT POTUS ?

WHO ?

That has presided over 100 million Americans on food aid, 47% of Americans working part time, where 4 out of 5 Americans are near poverty, and no work.

WHO ?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

People "on the left", as you call them, aren't defending Obama by saying "but Bush took vacations too", but rather are asking "why hasn't this been an issue with other presidents, in particular Bush, who had the record for days of vacation?"

Presidents, congress and the Supreme Court have always had summer breaks. Why the indignation over it only now for Obama? Obviously it is something more than an issue with the POTUS taking a vacation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join