It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
So he takes a vacation (again). Do we have to pay to airlift the dog on a separate aircraft? The dog couldn't fly with them?

Your not really foolish enough to believe the dog has his own aircraft are you? He flies with equipment and staff. You know the equipment and staff a Persident takes on vacation because when you President your idea of a vacation day or a day off at all is only 8 hours of work. Every President we have to have these stupid vacation threads like the President is really off. Nobody is dumb enough to belive that are they?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Is he not allowed to have time off? The stress that any American president endures has to be relieved somehow, if golf helps him refresh and re-focus then so be it. He really is attacked for anything on this site.

Attack his policys, not his activitys while on holiday for god sake.

Actually no he is not allowed time off. I don't get any time off, why should he? I work over 40 hours a week, I work double shifts, I work over time, I work 6 days a week....and I do it all to just barely scrape by! So if I can not get any time off, why the hell should he? Lord knows he is making WAY more money than I am. He is not worried about the lights being turned off for lack of payment. He is not worried about paying rent.

So the answer to your question is NO!! NO he can not get time off. He can take a break and get time off when the Americans who pay his freakin salary can get some time off. This clown has had more time off this year than I have had in the last 10 years!! I can not even tell you the last time I was able to take a vacation (holiday).
edit on 11-8-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

You do realize that you not having a vacation is the result of your greedy employer. I too have worked 50 hour weeks, even 80 hour weeks, but back in the day, employers weren't so greedy. They actually gave us paid time off, sick leave etc.
edit on 8/11/2013 by BubbaJoe because: ETA: You are obviously not self employed, ###SNIPPED### If you were, you would be griping about taxes etc. If you are working all of those hours and barely scraping by, you are not doing something right. Take some personal responsibility, and quit blaming others for your shortcomings.

edit on Mon Aug 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I like it when congress takes vacations.

That's 239 days those d-bags can't screw over the country.

The president, on the other hand, spends billions on vacations every year.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Why does an employer have to pay for your vacation?

Employers pay for work, not for you to take a vacation.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Is he beating Bushes vacation record? If he is that's saying something since I think Bush broke all the records. Either way, didn't they just get back vacation not too long ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

239 for each everyone of them? That's ridiculous! It's time to clean the slate we call Washington DC...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Let's not forget foreign ministers and diplomats, who basically get paid to go on vacation.

Who knows? maybe he's taking a sabbatical because there's an eventual $h!tstorm coming, and he wants to distance himself from it.

Or maybe he's taking a break so he can unwind and spend time with his family. Hey, stranger things have happened...

I don't care whether he's on holiday or not, what bothers me is that these politicians have seven figure salaries but still charge the taxpayers for their trips. And then they have the hide to justify budget cuts when the nation is broke.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by TXTriker
So he takes a vacation (again). Do we have to pay to airlift the dog on a separate aircraft? The dog couldn't fly with them?

Your not really foolish enough to believe the dog has his own aircraft are you? He flies with equipment and staff. You know the equipment and staff a President takes on vacation because when you President your idea of a vacation day or a day off at all is only 8 hours of work. Every President we have to have these stupid vacation threads like the President is really off. Nobody is dumb enough to belive that are they?

Actually? I think your missing the point on the level of frustration here.
We don't have enough money to allow OUR White House be open to the public due to a lack of funds. How is it he DESERVES a vacation at any expense?

So HE comes before the public. Go Figure. What's New?
It's beyond appalling the White House is still closed to us "commoners." THAT Will Teach Us Who's Boss.

( Coughs bull****)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home

Some animals are more equal than others.

I'm pretty sure Obama has been openly flipping the American taxpayer the bird.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Boy that sequestration is really hurting our government,
i tell ya, this just proves it, so little money to go around....

They just HAD to cut necessities, they had to make tough
calls about where to spend what little was left after that
horrid thing kicked in, its good to see our president is helping
out in these tough times, i mean the pay cut, the realistic
approach to lowering the cost of healthcare, cutting his vacations,
finally getting a budget hammered out after all the BS......

Ahhh what a time to be an American, freedom everywhere,
opportunity for college graduates at every turn, intelligent
well thought out leadership, i tell ya its just awesome.

This message brought to you by captain sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home,
Did you ever heard of this?,

www.lawrencelynch.com...

and how much money they have spent on underground facilities for what's to come?

of course those money are lost and never accounted for,but the President is there and the facility close to him.

...and for those who will follow him in the next days in that area.
edit on 12-8-2013 by piequal3because14 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Tell me how many Americans get to take multiple vacations throughout the year ?

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

When most people don't have jobs or work part time.

You really don't pay attention to the real world do you? Many CEO's and other manager positions get multiple vacations per year many companies give more vacation time based on length of employment.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by BubbaJoe

Why does an employer have to pay for your vacation?

Employers pay for work, not for you to take a vacation.

Wrong many companies give paid vacations. If a company doesn't give their employee a paid vacation then they are some cheap SOB's.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
You do realize that you not having a vacation is the result of your greedy employer. I too have worked 50 hour weeks, even 80 hour weeks, but back in the day, employers weren't so greedy. They actually gave us paid time off, sick leave etc.
edit on 8/11/2013 by BubbaJoe because: ETA: You are obviously not self employed, nor well educated. If you were, you would be griping about taxes etc. If you are working all of those hours and barely scraping by, you are not doing something right. Take some personal responsibility, and quit blaming others for your shortcomings.

Well the jokes on you....

I DO get paid time off. I DO get sick leave, medical leave, and I have benefits coming out of my ears. My employer is something I am actually very happy with. To give you an example, after Hurricane Rita came through the area and blew the roof off the building, we were forced to close for several months for repairs. Want to know what my employer did?

He paid every single employee, each and every week, based on the schedule they had been working. So if you were working 40 hours per week, you were paid for 40 hours per week the entire time we were closed.

There is a reason that I am barely scraping by, and it has everything to do with Government. Would you care to know what that reason is?

I pay child support. LOTS of child support. I currently pay 3 separate states for the same one child. In addition to that, 2 of those states I am currently paying, is all money I have already paid out. I am literally paying it a second time over. Why is that? Because of a private company called "Support Kids" who collected 2 and half years worth of payments, and never reported a dime of it. Of course I have all the paperwork that proves I paid this money already (roughly 10k), but after faxing this paperwork to the appropriate states I was told that since those payments did not go through the State's Payment Center they refuse to recognize those payments. Of course the fact that it did not go through the payment center is not my fault. You see, in this country child support payments go directly through your employer and are deducted from your paycheck. You have no choice but to pay and you never actually handle those payments.

That is the short version of the story, it is actually much longer and gets much much worse. So before you sit here and make assumptions about my education or my employment, perhaps you should take the time to actually know what the hell you are talking about.

And why would I gripe about taxes? Is this thread about taxes? No it is not. It is about Obama using tax payer money to fly his dog to his vacation spot, but I am sure such a well educated person as yourself would have known that already without me having to point it out to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

True but they don't have to.

Nearly every employer barring some small businesses offer vacation and sick day packages. But they don't have to. Because employers don't pay you to take vacations. They pay you for the contribution you make in labor.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Not to be the guy to point at the giant neon elephant in the middle of the room break dancing to classical music, but...

George W. Bush spent all or part of 879 days on vacation, bouncing between Camp David and his Ranch.

How does Obama stack up? 92 days.

92 days compared to Bush's 879 days.

That's not even the most baffling part about some the comments in this thread. You guys act as though the entire system of our Republic lies in the hands of the President, and hold no accountability towards Congress, who are currently in recess for the remainder of the month, after basically wasting time and tax payer money for the last 4 years by doing nothing towards addressing the issues this country now faces.

GMAFB

I mean I don't agree that ANY President or member of Congress should get more than 2 weeks per year for vacation, but come on... Kettle, baby...

...take a look in the mirror.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Is he not allowed to have time off? The stress that any American president endures has to be relieved somehow, if golf helps him refresh and re-focus then so be it. He really is attacked for anything on this site.

Attack his policys, not his activitys while on holiday for god sake.

The example he sets for us is not the example he should be projecting but an example of who/what he is.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

I didn't get any vacation this year. Couldn't afford it.

If my kids hamster needs to go on vacation with us, I will be forced to haul it along with us in the car, since we don't have a V-22 Osprey handy to fetch it for us.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
ATS is kind of full of idiots if they think the president gets a vacation. You are president 24/7 no matter where you are or who you are with, you are acting in capacity as president. A president getting a full week of "no work"? You'd have a better chance of pogo jumping to the moon.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

TELL ME ?

HOW MANY?

I didn't get any vacation this year. Couldn't afford it.

If my kids hamster needs to go on vacation with us, I will be forced to haul it along with us in the car, since we don't have a V-22 Osprey handy to fetch it for us.

That sounds tough. You still have weekends and holidays, right? Like imagine if you were always at your job 24/7 like the president and everything you did was publicly scrutinized for eight straight years. Wow, I couldn't handle that! Thank god we have person like Obama who is willing to sacrifice his life as a human for us.
edit on 12-8-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join