It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Rescued In Pacific After Sailing 'Where God Led Us'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
They

were fed up with abortion, homosexuality, taxes

Looks like tax dollars partially bailed them out. Doubt they will see the connection.
edit on 8/12/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

As far as child abuse, I don't think so. We had friends who did this years ago. They traveled from SoCA to South America with their small child in a 30-foot sail boat.
Had no problems so I guess their was no crime.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
To me it was the irony of God telling the family to sail away to a new beginning but abandoning them to the weather and harsh elements. But it was MAN that saved their bacon and made for the happy ending.

I believe in The Father, The Son and Holy Spirit, and i have never been "told" to get on a yacht/boat and sail where He leads me. But, it worked out well for Noah.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Maybe Gordon Lightfoot said it best:
"Nobody knows where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours"

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Some of the comments here are so hypocritical.
Most of you would have applauded these people if they left for any other reason than religious reasons.
Who cares why they tried to escape this corrupt country. I give them credit for at least having the courage to try.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
Some of the comments here are so hypocritical.
Most of you would have applauded these people if they left for any other reason than religious reasons.
Who cares why they tried to escape this corrupt country. I give them credit for at least having the courage to try.

Yes, it is a corrupt country, as many others are also, but leaving for the insane reason that "God told me to" is not quite the same as leaving because it is a corrupt nation.

These people are in need of some serious psychiatric evaluation as are others who believe that God speaks to them, religion is a danger to the weak people of the human race, end of

May I add, that religion itself is one of the most corrupt organizations on the face of this planet also.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Looks like God led them back to where they came from. Shame on these people for wasting God's time.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My family and I were led to take a leap. We didn't attempt to go to an island, but it might as well have been. We had to go back to my hometown of Lawrenceburg, TN.

The entire story has no use for most of you. But, in short, we were all but destroyed there. Or so we thought, for our perception of destruction was different before we learned to go through some really bad things, which prepared us for what was to come after for us.

As well, God saw fit to save this family lost in the ocean, and He saw fit to save us. But we were shown a thing which we thought was so horrible, only to find soon afterwards that there are even worse things that can happen (worse things that appear to be better, and that you even wish for, but then soon learn that all that you thought was destruction before was actually a blessing in disguise).

Most people will be too afraid to relate. I know that if I actually knew what we would be getting into, then we would never have ended up learning the extremely valuable lessons that opened our minds to a much greater wisdom that we now possess. And every moment since, we have been hurled into situations, like wingless birds lost in a stormy, roaring ocean in the middle of the night with a near new-moon on the horizon.

We have learned to rely upon God regardless of the insanity around us. And for those like this family that might someday go through a similar experience, you will be ridiculed by almost everybody. But you will learn so much that you will, honestly, and literally, begin to see even the seemingly wise adults around you as if they were whiny babies without eyes or ears. You will start to feel like the adult around an assembly of professionals, but they will appear like kindergartners without a proper nap-time to you.

Though you should be humble still, it is no lie, that is how you will feel.

Through these experiences, God fashions and molds people to be leaders. Now whatever they are to lead, that is specific to their situation, and God's will.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire
reply to post by olaru12

Dang, God just told me those people that rescued them messed with his plan!

They were on the right track, straight to heaven.

Now we'll have to deal with them breeding more.

Your a real model of intelligence yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
[

Great to see this good news, some, though are not as lucky--always makes me wonder why some get saved and others are not so lucky

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Watch, they'll write a book about it, be interviewed on Fox Snooze often enough to get on the best-seller lists, and none of the money will go to the people/government that rescued them.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Watch, they'll write a book about it, be interviewed on Fox Snooze often enough to get on the best-seller lists, and none of the money will go to the people/government that rescued them.

God uses people to rescue; it does not mean that the glory rests solely on them. At that, remember that the media enjoyed the story so as to make a mockery, of which you are a perfect example.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

God doesn't mess with free will.

By definition, therefore, God cannot "send" people to rescue your butt.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

God doesn't mess with free will.

By definition, therefore, God cannot "send" people to rescue your butt.

And who are you to tell God what He can and cannot do?

I don't know who told you that God doesn't mess with free will, but you are very mistaken.

Not only has God preordained people to death and hell, but He has numbered and predestined all the days of our lives before we came from the womb, he has predestined all things before the very foundation of the world.

If that is not enough for you, God also hardened the Pharaoh's heart when the Pharaoh would let the Jews go, God hardened the Pharaoh's heart again so that the Pharaoh rebelled against God again; because the Pharaoh's heart was made weak because of the suffering, but God replenished the strength of the Pharaoh so that his original intent and desire was made full strength.

And God gave Jesus Christ to Pontius Pilate, who claimed he had authority over whether Jesus had to live or die. And Jesus replied, "You only have that authority because that authority was given to you from above."

Maybe in your own personal world God doesn't mess with free will, but there is absolutely no statement, never, not by God, not at all, wherein He makes the statement that we were blessed with a free will. If we had free will, then anything and everything that we wanted would happen.

Now Jesus said that IF we had faith even like that of a mustard seed, then we could cast a mountain into the sea. But Jesus also told us that faith is a gift of the Spirit of God. Therefore, it is the will of God that controls all things, not the will of man.

Now God allows men to have their will to a degree, but if mankind had free will, mankind would have self-annihilated a very, very long time ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Go do some research before you spout off B.S.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Go do some research before you spout off B.S.

I highly suggest you do the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ok I see it now, I have a vision too....
GOD told me to stop reading any more religious stupidness for today.
I should do His will, Amen

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it telling how people who supposedly don't believe in "God" spend so much time mocking and bashing Him? They can continue blabbering all they want, but their actions speak so much louder than their words. The fool has said in his heart there is no God.

I'm just sayin'

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

well they could argue the infant was an attempted abortion. ... the three year old... well if you raise your voice to a child they call cps so why not. ... or you can just say it was a fetus cuz the woman said so... and call it another attempt ed abortion.

All kidding aside, not sure why this could be called child abuse. I am pretty sure if the reason why they were in the ocean was not simply because "where god led us" you would not be as quick to jump on the OMG CHILD ABUSE BUS.

Wasn't there a young girl that was trying to sail across the world.. that was okay right?? coulnd't that be child abuse?? i mean she was a lone... oh that's right "god" wasn't involved.

I think we should move to making 'god" or "spirituality" into a reason why we can call cps. However if the bias changes and god and spirituality is the new trendy thing then being against that should be grounds to call cps.

edit on 13-8-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join