It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Rescued In Pacific After Sailing 'Where God Led Us'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

Ever heard of illegal migration ? Who was to say that the Polynesian island would welcome them? Here in Australia we have a real problem with boatloads of people trying to rock up and settle here.

Uh are just making excuses for Good by saying it was nobody's fault that the boat got damaged and they weren't able to compete their divine mission of foolishness. Good kept Noahs arm safe, he melt the Israelites fed during thewexodus. Why then did he not take these people to their promised pacific island?

Because it was not his idea, nor his will maybe?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

Yeah I know, atheists are lawless, Godless, rebels, ruled by nothing but their animal instincts.

Don't knock it til you try it.

I attended catholic mass while in basic training. It was mostly to get out of the barracks and get away from the drill sergeants for a little while. Catholics are okay they eat and drink at church and if they sin they brag to the priest and all is forgiven. Pretty cool if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by schuyler
What is ATS becoming? Fox News?

What is "alternative" or "conspirational" about this story? A family sailed away unprepared. They were rescued. End of story.

To me it was the irony of God telling the family to sail away to a new beginning but abandoning them to the weather and harsh elements. But it was MAN that saved their bacon and made for the happy ending.

What is ATS becoming? Fox News?

Well ATS has certainly attracted the Right Wing like Fox!

edit on 11-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Nowhere in this story does anyone say that God told them to go anywhere.. You are the only one to fabricate this part to possibly satisfy your need to judge people based upon criteria that you have invented in your own mind what is right and wrong for everyone else, spoken like a true left wing liberal..

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

from OP source

Gastonguay told the AP that she never thought the family was going to die: "We believed God would see us through."

Just saying it sure wouldn't be out of character for them.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: wrong quote function

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

These people were definitely irresponsible, no doubt about that.. in more ways than one even.. But they did come out of it without much injury.. Maybe they even learned something important, hopefully.
edit on 12-8-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
But the Polynesian Isles are full of Mahus,Benny Boys and the like plus they have high taxes and mega churches so what exactly were they running towards??..

DISPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST RAT IN A CAGE!!!

tell me i'm the only one
tell me there's no other one
Jesus was an only son
tell me i'm the chosen one
Jesus was an only son...for you

www.lyricstime.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
Uh are just making excuses for Good by saying it was nobody's fault that the boat got damaged and they weren't able to compete their divine mission of foolishness.

I didn't say it was "nobody's fault" the boat got damaged. I said it was "out of their control".

Originally posted by markosity1973
Good kept Noahs arm safe, he melt the Israelites fed during thewexodus. Why then did he not take these people to their promised pacific island?

Because it was not his idea, nor his will maybe?

Where do you get the idea God promised them a pacific island? Did you just make that up so you can then mock it? That seems to be a common tactic.

Obviously what happened was the will of the Universe, or it wouldn't have happened. The Universe decided to form an environment that made this family want to escape. The Universe then formed the events that led to them getting stuck out on the ocean, and probably taught the family a great lesson. The Universe then formed the events that got them rescued... Then, ultimately, the Universe decided to make this story well known, and spread across the internet for people like us to discuss. Oh why oh why would the Universe want us to know and or discuss what this family experienced?

One wonders.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

"decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us,"

So it was Gods will that they are to become a laughing stock all over the news..

God works in mysterious ways

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I find it funny that people don't know the meaning of "letting God lead the way".

Or they pretend not to know, so they can mock it, which then makes them look incredibly foolish.
edit on 12-8-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

as I said in theother thread - their aledged god led them to chile - why didn't they stay there ?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAre0ne
I find it funny that people don't know the meaning of "letting God lead the way".

Or they pretend not to know, so they can mock it, which then makes them look incredibly foolish.

So they literally got on a boat, with their unfortunate children, on which they would just die if not found. And it is foolish that we (atheists) laugh at them because we can't understand the meaning of "letting God lead the way".
ok....

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If God ever speaks to you, don't believe a thing he says, he is a bloody good prankster...
All those years He didn't bother to tell his children the earth was not flat.
so His followers burned alive anyone who said otherwise.yeah He is funny as Hell...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr1Akula

Let me help you... When someone says they are going to "let God lead the way", it usually means they are going to travel, but they are unsure what roads they will take, or where the roads will lead them. The roads they take will be determined by the events that take place while they are traveling. Those events are determined by a higher power, or the Universe, or even mathematical probabilities, whatever belief you subscribe to.

Does that make sense now?

It's not literal like some of you are suggesting... They didn't get in a sailboat and hope the wind would push them in the correct direction, or just watch the steering wheel rotate freely hoping God was controlling it.
They are just going to live day to day, in the "now", and not worry about the future.

Yes it is foolish that you laugh at people because of your own lack of understanding.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr1Akula
All those years He didn't bother to tell his children the earth was not flat.
so His followers burned alive anyone who said otherwise.yeah He is funny as Hell...

Not everyone believed the Earth is flat. Not all people share the same understanding of God.

Oh the foolishness is blinding.

Myth of the Flat Earth

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

So it was Gods will that they are to become a laughing stock all over the news..

They're a 'laughing stock' to those who are filled with fear.

To some who are not afraid to followe their hearts desire? They're heroes.

peace

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ever been to sea billy?...... no captain highliner, stop touching me captain highliner!!
edit on 12-8-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This is the only thing I could think of.

And it reminds me of a story...

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

epistle.us...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I like Hinduism for the exact opposite reason. I'm pretty sure those guys have a god for every occasion.

As to the story in the OP. A god that didn't know geography, believed in by Americans... who'dathunkit?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire
reply to post by olaru12

Dang, God just told me those people that rescued them messed with his plan!

They were on the right track, straight to heaven.

Now we'll have to deal with them breeding more.

Post of the month? Got my vote.

Though I do feel sorry for those brainwashed children, who now have to grow up amidst this false miracle story. There will be no reverting that.

edit on 12-8-2013 by Nostalgic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

very responsible parenting by these people trusting god, all that happened is they nearly killed their two small children....people are so stupid sometimes

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join