To all veterans. Veterans Day.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
To all current, retired and veterans of the military. May God bless you and keep you forever safe. Thank you for the sacrifices you have made for all of us.

John
Veteran/USAF

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
To all veterans who have served in all wars and in peacetime preserving the liberty for America and the world.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thank you,thank you,thank you for your sacrifice,and personally to my grandfathers,i always wear my poppy with pride and salute you all for your bravery and courage in defending and protecting the free world.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by optimus fett]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Thanks, optimus...I had nearly forgotten what day it was (partly beacuse I'm at work!), and I'm even a Veteran.

Reminds me of when I was stationed in Holland...you wouldn't believe how many people actually thanked me for what "we" did in WWII. Never mind that I wasn't even born then. And, more incredibly, many of those who thanked me hadn't been born yet, either!

Blessings to all who serve, past present & future...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Never forgotten, allways there......

Thankyou is not a big enough word for what you all did.........

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Remember Major Arthur D. Nicholson.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thank you.
Honor and respect go out to all servicemen, everywhere.
I salute them all.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yes, Thank You to all our former military service men and women as well as the current ones.

I appreciate what you're doing for me, my family and our country.

May God bless you and protect you each and every day.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanks to all the servicemen and women for protecting their country.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I shudder to think where we would be today without our veterans. All the thank you's in the world could not express the appreciation in the hearts so so many Americans, including myself. Unfortunately, so many of you have not always received the respect and appreciation you deserve. I am glad I was never, and never will be a part of that. We as Americans set aside one day to show our appreciation to you, seems like so little to give back, for such sacrifices.

For those serving Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow, Thank You!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My Thanks to you all for the compliments.

64th Ordnance Company, Fischbach, Germany 1989-1992
822nd MP Company, Fort Dearborn, Rosemont, IL. 1992-1995

Jeff

and to my father (b.1946-d.1997)
9th Infantry Division 1967-1968 Dong Tam, Viet Nam

and to my grandfather:
U.S. Army Air Corp, European Campaign, 1944-1945

With all respect to those who served......

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yes, thanks to all who served, especially all those jagheads (Semper Fi)

To Uncle Harlon at Iwo

To Uncle Corky at Inchon

Especially "Chet" his spirit still lost somewhere near Phnom Penh. Thanks again for saving me. Wish you were here.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There are no words strong enough to convey my gratitude for all of the brave men and women who served this great land. It is for all of the valiant efforts of those who fought that I send my most heartfelt THANK YOU.
If not for you I would not be able to write my thoughts, both pro and con, on this bulletin board. Thank you to one and all, and NEVER forget those that have fallen.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thanks to Bobbie Riddle... Jarhead Radio Operator, South Pacific and Saipan, WWII. Mac Farmer, one of "Roosevelt's trained killers" and Dwight Farmer (Darby's Rangers), who all carried their scars valiantly.

The gang in 'Nam, and those that came after...

And a very heartfelt and sad toast to absent comrades.

God Bless you, no matter where you may be, and Thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I personally would like to thank every single soldier that has fought or is fighting, during war and in peace time

My brother Matthew, for those that have been keeping up with my posts about him, is home in Germany with his wife for a 2 week R&R. I would like to thank him for his sacrifices that he is making.

I would also like to thank my father, who served in the Vietnam War.

I know there are several ATS members who are veterans of our military. I would like to thank you as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
To all my "brothers and sisters" in combat now, as well as those who fought effortless over the years to protect our great nation. Thank You!

In a time where most feel you are doing an unjust in a politically motivated war, know that we will always support you for your courage in facing uncertainies for the well being of our sacred soil.

101 2nd 58th Reg.. miss you guys, and if my comrads are on this board as well..
Eww Engua, Ninjas got the power, to kill destroy all you nasty commi boys.... you know the rest..

Infantry Airbone Rocks..........

We will never forget, Follow Me, know one gets left behind..

Happy Vetrans Day!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I want to thank all the veterans who came before me. Without you, I would not be serving the United States today. I especially wanna thank Angelo for serving in WWII all those years ago, and supporting my decision in joining the military. To all veterans, I wanna say thank you and I only hope we do as good as a job as you have done. The country is in good hands fellas.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks,

Alex Robinson, Always in my heart
Jack Robinson, Words never enough

And Jimmy Smith (Sia) (801st Engineers) Granddad *PILAMAYAYE*

And to everyone else who past and present fight for our freedom thank you

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My grandfather fought in WWI

My father fought in WWII and Korea

I was in during the Vietnam Era

My daughter serves in Korea now

Here is the origin of the Buddy-Poppy:

Why was the poppy chosen as the symbol of remembrance for America's war dead?
The poppy, an international symbol for those who died in war, also had international origins.

A writer first made the connection between the poppy and battlefield deaths during the Napoleonic wars of the early 19th century, remarking that fields that were barren before battle exploded with the blood-red flowers after the fighting ended.

Prior to the First World War few poppies grew in Flanders. During the tremendous bombardments of that war the chalk soils became rich in lime from rubble, allowing 'popaver rhoeas' to thrive. When the war ended the lime was quickly absorbed, and the poppy began to disappear again.

Lieut-Col. John McCrae, the Canadian doctor who wrote the poem IN FLANDERS FIELDS in 1915, made the same connection 100 years later, during the First World War, and the scarlet poppy quickly became the symbol for soldiers who died in battle.

Three years later an American, Moina Michael, was working in a New York City YMCA canteen when she started wearing a poppy in memory of the millions who died on the battlefield. During a 1920 visit to the United States a French woman, Madame Guerin, learned of the custom. On her return to France she decided to use handmade poppies to raise money for the destitute children in war-torn areas of the country.

Thanks to the millions of Americans who wear the flowers each November, the little red plant has never died. And neither have America's memories for 116,000 of their countrymen who died in battle.

Here's the poem:

IN FLANDERS FIELDS

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

John McCrae

Sadly, Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae died of pneumonia at Wimereux near Boulogne, France on the 28th of January 1918 when he was 44 years old. He never saw the end of the war.

Armistice Agreement

In the year 1918 at the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month all along the lines of engagement the guns fell silent. Combatants remarked that they could hear for once the sound of birds chirping and singing.

That was not the end of the legacy of WWI. It begot the communist revolution, WWII, the Cold War(Korea & Vietnam), the military build-up in China today, the isolation and now resistance to change in the muslim world.

So by some standards the step off started in WWI has not stopped till this day.

[edit on 11/15/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It's threads like these that remind me that even though we all have different opinions and may have our scuffles, we all appreciate what our service members do for our countries. It doesn't matter if your from the US, Canada, Australia, or Europe we all can agree that our service members are people just like you and I. We also may not all agree with the mission that their government assigns to them but non the less, we still love them because they are our brothers and sisters.

May God bless each and every one of them and their families.

87-89 4/11 ACR Fulda, Germany
89-91 1st Infantry Div Ft.Riley KS.
91-92 4/228th Honduras CA
92-95 MDW Ft.Belvoir VA
95-98 1st Infantry Div Ansbach Germany

new topics

<<   2 >>

join