It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seti Drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Is it possible that the Seti@Home client software could be a sleeper program waiting to be awakened by the NSA. And I have been running around installing it on every networked PC I have access to.
To whom should I send my bill to for this install service?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Notme,

Don't worry, NSA wouldn't realy care about this kind of group anyway. They know that a lot of people theorise and lots are skpetics and unless your doing something naughty what are you worried about! hehe..I don't want to hear the next day "Alias Notme has been taken in by the..."

Besides SETI is going to be thrown off the board soon, they should know that, BOINC will take over and then that way they can put in their little program.. but like I say, Don't worry They would have nothing to spy on you if they have done that.

Phoenix

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Althought, it would make for a great remote control...
Not so much for spying.
Atleast Boinc is open source, I think.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
SETI is being taken out of the ATS forums? I guess it makes sense. That's too bad. While I have never felt the need to post in here, ATS was the reason I downloaded SETI@HOME in the first place. I would never have even known I could be taking part in what could be the most important project in human history.

I think we should keep this division of the forums if for no other reason but to encourage members to join the hunt.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
No the forum isn't leaving ATS, but SETI@home will eventually be coming to an end and people will have to change over to BOINC.I'm assuming that the forum will then change names???

check this thread for some info

SETI@home Project Ending?!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
yea, I can't see the forum shutting down.
But everyone will need to switch to boinc.

www.setiatwork.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't like it. BOINC seems less productive (the work unit has to be confirmed by other users crunching it) and more difficult (directions are necessary).

When SETI@HOME ends, so might my assisting the project. I will of course, give BOINC a try before quitting SETI though. However, I am annoyed by the mandatory switch.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh I'm with you on that one SkyFox2, I'm with you... I have boinc on my computer but I uninstalled it and re-installed SETI after getting really anoyed about the system, it kept on messaging, sever not working, or cannot do this, or this is not.. etc it was getting to me, I know already damn it, just zip it and do your work! but no, BOINC would not work, and would refuse to work so I chucked it off my system and went back to the lovely SETI...

Oops sorry bout that, when I meant off the baord I meant we wont be using SETI any longer soon..lol well thats sorted

If only I could strangle the program BOINC for it's inconsitency I would, I really would. Why change anyway? SETI is fine, it's not going to kill anyone keeping to it's own company damn it.

Phoenix

new topics

top topics

join