It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Apocalypse - what could you *not* live without?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's funny...and sobering....when you think about all the things you use on a daily basis that may no longer be readily available should we experience a true apocalypse (lose of all things electrical, anarchy, chaos, etc....think Revolution). Things like sugar, hot showers, going to a town 60 miles away and back within a few hours....

What do you think you would miss the most or consider that you couldn't live without???

For me??

Q-tips - I use 2-3 q-tips every day. Couldn't live without them.

Ice - Living in the American South, this is a luxury that would be quickly missed.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Toilet paper. Probably other things as well but this one has occurred to me most when I think about it. I can live without the bathroom itself but TP is essential.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Electric razor. I hate itchy, scratchy stubble!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've actually thought about this properly... Would it be freshly-ground coffee, cosmetics, cigarettes, alcohol...

But the answer is - cheese! I would truly miss cheese more than anything else.... I'd stockpile it and even when it inevitably becomes mouldy I'd still eat it and pretend it's Stilton

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The world as we know it?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I could probably live without it, but I would be missing the internet quite a bit. No ATS!

Also some ice cold beers in the evenings.

Falling skies, and the walking dead.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Antibiotics.

but I figure ill start experimenting with rye bread and cultures, should be able to produce some workable solution.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh yes Q-Tips for sure

My list.

Listerine...i'd be almost certifiable without it
Dental floss
Dentists
Q-tips
Humor.... I fear this would be obsolete after an apocalypse type event

edit on 11-8-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Only one thing I absolutely cannot live without:
COFFEE!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I heard an acceptable substitute is dandelion root? I have never tried it though.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think you should change that to Would hate to live without...we have very few things we could NOT live without.

I think about this nearly every morning...A Hot Shower!
Wow starting the day with no shower sad!
I feel so grateful for the privilege of using abundant water and enjoying it and being able to have it hot!
edit on 11-8-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Antibiotics.

but I figure ill start experimenting with rye bread and cultures, should be able to produce some workable solution.

colloidal silver works very very well.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't think there's a single thing beyond the necessities (food, water, breathable air, a basic shelter) that I couldn't live without, and because of this I feel lucky.

Think about it; the amount of people who need medication(s) just to function. Think about the ones who need it to survive. 70% of Americans are on some sort of prescription drugs. Many are diabetic and require insulin or other meds to keep from slipping into a coma.

In a post apocalyptic world, where medicine is finite, whomever controls the remaining meds will become (or remain) extremely powerful.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
Oh yes Q-Tips for sure

My list.

Listerine...i'd be almost certifiable without it
Dental floss
Dentists
Q-tips
Humor.... I fear this would be obsolete after an apocalypse type event

edit on 11-8-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

So the World has went tits up, man is killing man for a bottle of water or a smoke, woman is being raped and traded for a lighter, babies as being cooked on open fires, and you are worried about your Teeth..

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Only one thing I absolutely cannot live without:
COFFEE!

Actually once you get it out of your system you would feel great and not miss it.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I doubt the Internet as we know it would survive the apocalypse. I think I would miss that most since without it we would not be having this debate.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A hot shower, clean clothes, and fast food!

And probably not having the ability to just call/text my friends and family from anywhere.
edit on 11-8-2013 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Water, shoes, food. Past that I think internet and riding my Ducati.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Eye glasses. Aspirin. Tooth paste.

Imagine trying to survive blind, with a tooth ache and pains.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

It might sound silly but i'm quite serious. One would be of no help to burning babies and victims of rape if they themselves are bowled over in pain and dying a very slow death from something as easily preventable as an absessed tooth. Been there once....don't plan on going there ever again. Worse pain than labor.........worse than labor so yes i'll do anything to never feel that way again.

Dont get me wrong i'd want cheese, coffee, bread, cereal etc too.... but i'd like a mouthful of healthy teeth to enjoy them with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join