It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology and how to go about controlling it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Science and it's offshoot technology are here to stay and will be with us probably till the end of time. As we saw through history, technology has been detrimental to society and it as also been beneficial to societies in which it was found. I pose this question: How can we as a society, global or otherwise can we go about in concerning our interacting with or restricting use of a particular technology generally? What types of things should be taken into account when restricting a technology or interacting with it?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RobFox

You can opt out.
Get rid of the net,your Iphone,quit using debit cards,credit cards and quit driving and buying gasoline.
Technology built your house as well...so move out and live on the streets and never use money because it was made with technology.

I get what you are getting at but its just not a reality anymore unless you are Amish.

If you want to control it....control what you CHOOSE to use.
Otherwise there is no way around it....we are not in control,we only control our choices.

What types of things should be taken into account when restricting a technology or interacting with it?

Ask if you REALLY need it.
There is a difference between needs and wants and most people don't realize this.

edit on 11-8-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You could go running naked in the forest eating anything you can find catch with your own two hands raw but even the most technophobic person will say that fire and a few tools to catch food are fine at the bare minimum

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Should we put rules or the such on technologies that are coming out? Should there be restrictions? Would that interfere with progress? I know that technology is neither good or bad and it is the person who puts the moral twist to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think there is a balance that is better for some more than others. I myself have yet to get a smart phone, my old phone works just fine. I have yet to purchase anything snazzy for a while now. I really do not need much "tech" but electricity so I can see in my place at night is pretty nice I must admit. But I am completely picking up what your throwing down Op.

I think it really is all relative and people make what they can with what they have. First world countries are born into this tech world and get it jammed down their throats now from birth. We see what third world countries are living like in the 21st century with little to no tech and they're making it. How successful they're making it is completely debatable.

I am happy at the moment that I have not blown 100's if not 1000's of dollars on personal techs that has completely entered our culture/civilization. Who knows, I'm sure I'll "upgrade" eventually but I'm perfectly happy with my crappy 1 gig ram old pc to surf the web.

edit on 8/11/2013 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RobFox

Lets take a weapon like a sword...it can be used to defend the creator of a great idea or to kill that person and stifle its message...the weapon itself is neither good or bad but its how its used and there in lies the problem as for example killing hitler as a child who has never done anything wrong to anyone would be wrong as he's an innocent child at the time, but come into the late 1930's and into the 1940's it would seem more a good thing

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The current paradigm is the use of explosion technologies instead of what nature uses which is implosion. Look up Viktor Schauberger and the natural empirical science he carried out in his life. Its a conspiracy in of itself, he died 5 days after he sold the rights to his ideas and inventions for a plane ticket out of Texas to Austria in 1958
Also check out the PKS on the natural sciences and NPA
The Jewish people believe in doing the opposite... Buy when everyone is selling...like when the market crashes

edit on 11-8-2013 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join